Who's Taking a Vacation this Summer?

Where ya headed? I'm going to spend a few days on Mackinac Island, for starters.

I usually try to get away from the famous heat and humidity here in northeastern Florida during the summer.

A buddy of mine bought a lake house somewhere up in Michigan (he's originally from Holland), so I'll likely take a drive up that way at some point.

I take vacations when the mood strikes. I normally don't wait for a particular time of year...

I usually try to get away from the famous heat and humidity here in northeastern Florida during the summer.

A buddy of mine bought a lake house somewhere up in Michigan (he's originally from Holland), so I'll likely take a drive up that way at some point.

I take vacations when the mood strikes. I normally don't wait for a particular time of year...
There are a lot of very cool cities in Michigan on the lake, New Buffalo and St. Joseph are two of them.

Train trips are great, if I had more time, I'd take one with the sleeper car. Everyone who has done that loves it. (at least that I know)

My wife and I do the sleeper car thing to Detroit once a year. The overnight train ride is the attraction.

Train trips are great, if I had more time, I'd take one with the sleeper car. Everyone who has done that loves it. (at least that I know)

I keep telling my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend that we should do that sometime; maybe go visit my daughter and her fiance up in Seattle. I think that'd be a Helluva' trip...

Heading out to Chicago some time this summer to attend a friend’s daughter’s wedding.

Hope I don’t get shot.

Heading out to Chicago some time this summer to attend a friend’s daughter’s wedding.

Hope I don’t get shot.
Don't believe the hype. Chicago is an AWESOME city to visit! All the gun violence is on the west side and south side. Downtown near the lake is all good, Northside / Wrigleyville is awesome, the pizza is awesome, it's a cool place. I take an Amtrak up there for a weekend or two in the summer.

I just pulled the trigger on a Viking river tour (sort of). Prague to Paris, 12 days (you know how they count the days, right?). Airfare and drinks package included, plus two extra days in Prague for about eight grand. Very good price. The reason why I say, "sort of" is because the Prague portion is a bus tour. When we leave Prague we will bus down to Bamberg and the Danube (I think), then on to Paris.

BTW, I have taken four overnight train rides on Amtrak, and they were all horrible. Between the noise and the turbulence, I barely got a wink of sleep. Going down to Florida on the Auto-Train a few months ago, I got stuck in a car that was too close to the Engine, thus having to hear the horn go off every time we came to a RR crossing. On my bucket list is a Canadian overnight trip. I'm hoping it's better.

I just pulled the trigger on a Viking river tour (sort of). Prague to Paris, 12 days (you know how they count the days, right?). Airfare and drinks package included, plus two extra days in Prague for about eight grand. Very good price. The reason why I say, "sort of" is because the Prague portion is a bus tour. When we leave Prague we will bus down to Bamberg and the Danube (I think), then on to Paris.

BTW, I have taken four overnight train rides on Amtrak, and they were all horrible. Between the noise and the turbulence, I barely got a wink of sleep. Going down to Florida on the Auto-Train a few months ago, I got stuck in a car that was too close to the Engine, thus having to hear the horn go off every time we came to a RR crossing. On my bucket list is a Canadian overnight trip. I'm hoping it's better.
I've been to Paris, but Prague is a top 3 city on my bucket list for sure. I would want to visit the church in Prague where the Operation Anthropoid resistance group died. The movie is excellent.

If you do,yiu don’t want to go to another country,your a fucking moron if yiu do sense you will be required to take the kill shot.

Took a Danube river cruise and saw Oberammergau (sp?) Passion Play. Incredible presentation even if you have no interest in religion. Incredible presentation even if you don't listen to the words. Not a lick of trouble with mask madness except when on board German flagged airlines. Rest of cruise would have better were younger I would not recommend a river cruise in general for those under 50.

Too late for a Summer vacation. My wife and I are looking for someplace to spend the month of February on the Gulf coast. While I acknowledge that we are looking "too late" for a good selection, it is a painful process. My wife insists on a beach accommodation with all amenities, including a pool. That pretty much limits us to a Condo.

The infuriating thing is the FEES that they list (on VRBO). They will say, for example, $200 a night, then when you click for the details they come up with $1,500-2,000 in FEES, which are basically paying for NOTHING. Even the cleaning fee is bullshit. It's a two hour process for an Illegal making $10/hr, and they charge you $200.

I feel conflicted referring to it as a vacation since I don't work any more.

I'm traveling from my upstairs to my downstairs room, maybe even extend my stay to a few extra hours now that my cable tv works down there and I placed an extra synth downstairs to fiddle with.
6phssx.jpg

Forum List

Back