Why A "Good Guy with a Gun" is Bullshit

false
just proves you are always talking out your ass A carbine (/ˈkɑːrbiːn/ or /ˈkɑːrbaɪn/),[1] from French carabine,[2] is a long arm firearm but with a shorter barrel than a rifle or musket.[3] Many carbines are shortened versions of full-length rifles, shooting the same ammunition, while others fire lower-powered ammunition, including those designed for pistols.[cita

you are wrong so often .you and unhinged should get an apartment.

is a long arm firearm but with a shorter barrel than a rifle :eusa_whistle:

Sober up duhs, just to see what it's like.
it you that needs to learn to read .

Many carbines are shortened versions of full-length rifles.
being shorter does not change it from being a rifle
just as you tiny dick is still a dick .
I win

"Carbine" refers to the barrel length. Specifically if a certain gun model (for instance a Remington 760 pump) is available with different barrel lengths, the short barrel version of that model is called a "Carbine" and the long barrel version is called a rifle.

What makes a gun a "Carbine" - The Firing Line Forums

[
Not always not even 50% of the time.
If the shooter has the gun out and is firing or is got a bead on you .

10% is better than 0%, stupid.
Never helped you.

When was the last time you were sober?

Serious question.

They don't allow you to drink when you are only 9 years old.....
I have hemorrhoids older than you.

I'm older than 9...so no....you don't....

10% is better than 0%, stupid.
Never helped you.

When was the last time you were sober?

Serious question.

They don't allow you to drink when you are only 9 years old.....
I have hemorrhoids older than you.

I'm older than 9...so no....you don't....
physically maybe, emotionally and mentally far less.

Then why do you continue yammering on about how it's so hard to stop a shooter? He's killing people, why do you want no one to be able to shoot back? That's the bottom line here. You don't want anyone to shoot back, and that's a problem.
The only yammering going on is yours.
The bottom line here is over compensation.
And panic.
Your posts prove that.
Tell us again why it's a good thing to take away a victim's last line of defense?
Never said that.
You assumed it.
Classic delusional thinking.
Let's look at this logically, something that's been missing in your argument. What is the last line of defense a potential victim has when faced with a crazed lunatic out to kill him/her?

1. A cell phone. Yeah. Call the cops, they'll be there with a mop and bucket to clean up after your lifeless body is taken away.
2. A really stern voice and an admonition that this is going on his permanent record. Sure, that'll stop him.
3. A weapon. Can you stop someone who is shooting into a crowd of people if you have a weapon in your hand? I say yes, the evidence says yes, you have been trying to say no.

Which of these three are you trying to take out of the victim's hand? The weapon, obviously. It is logical, therefore, to say that you are trying to take away a victim's last line of defense. If you are not, then explain how you are not by taking away his right to carry a weapon.
False it's only logical if you are delusional.
It's possible that you could successfully take out a shooter under very specific conditions.
However the odds of a citizen gunslinger pulling it off are exponentially against it.
The only time CC works is if the bad guy is unaware and you are in a position to get a clean shot .

It's not false....we have actual mass shootings stopped by actual shooters.....we know exactly what happened, who stopped them and how trained they were....you are completely wrong on all counts.......

Do you actually do any research before you pull this stupid stuff out of your ass?

[why would I need to I'm not the one making the false allegations..

You're the one denying obvious allegations.

so what about this:
Whitman placed one weapon each at a different position on the observation deck, allowing him to fire from all directions and to give the illusion that there were multiple shooters. He was a better marksman at hitting moving targets than stationary targets. Whitman also murdered Edna Townsley by striking her head with the butt of a rifle, then shooting her, and attacked the Gabours and Lamports at the stairway with the aforementioned sawed-off 12-gauge semiautomatic shotgun.

Charles Whitman

I'll give you some time to glue your ass back on.

What about it?

What do you think it does for you?

From the tower, he required a rifle with solid range to be effective.

It me, huh? :lol:

I win

Try again, you drunken retard;

Difference Between Carbine and Rifle

"Carbine" refers to the barrel length. Specifically if a certain gun model (for instance a Remington 760 pump) is available with different barrel lengths, the short barrel version of that model is called a "Carbine" and the long barrel version is called a rifle.

:rofl:

Your own quote proves you wrong.

Give AA a try.

[
Pre tantrum brain chemicals are reaching critical levels.

Laughing at you is what rational people do.

Oh, and I want my 10 minutes back, your Wiki article did NOT say that Whitman used all of the guns. The attack from the tower was 1,500 feet, you drunken moron. ONLY the Mauser or the .30-06 had the range to make those shots. A shotgun doesn't carry 300 yards, nor does a 9mm. The Mauser had iron sites, so really the ONLY weapon he could use was the Remington 700, the .30-06.
as always absolute bullshit.

Whitman killed his mother and wife by stabbing them; his mother was also shot. During the University of Texas campus massacre, he usually fired from the tower's observation deck at by passers with the following firearms he brought:

• A Universal M1 carbine rifle
  • A sawed-off 12-gauge semiautomatic shotgun
  • A scoped Remington 700 ADL bolt-action hunting rifle
  • A Remington M 141 .35-caliber pump-action rifle
  • A .357 Magnum Smith and Wesson Model 19 revolver
  • A 9mm Luger P08 semiautomatic pistol
  • A Galesi-Brescia semiautomatic pistol
Whitman placed one weapon each at a different position on the observation deck, allowing him to fire from all directions and to give the illusion that there were multiple shooters. He was a better marksman at hitting moving targets than stationary targets. Whitman also murdered Edna Townsley by striking her head with the butt of a rifle, then shooting her, and attacked the Gabours and Lamports at the stairway with the aforementioned sawed-off 12-gauge semiautomatic shotgun.

Charles Whitman

What is a "carbine rifle"?

I heard of one or the other, but not the combo.

Once again gun grabbers not knowing the lingo.
false
just proves you are always talking out your ass A carbine (/ˈkɑːrbiːn/ or /ˈkɑːrbaɪn/),[1] from French carabine,[2] is a long arm firearm but with a shorter barrel than a rifle or musket.[3] Many carbines are shortened versions of full-length rifles, shooting the same ammunition, while others fire lower-powered ammunition, including those designed for pistols.[cita

No one calls them carbine rifles. You had your M1 Garand RIFLE, and your M1 Carbine in WWII. When you say M1 Carbine, you are giving the name of the actual weapon, that it has rifling is implied, but it is not a "rifle" per say, it is a carbine.

Okay, here is the situation. Our man has a concealed carry permit. He's gone through multiple gun safety courses and has practiced extensively at the range. He has filled out all the required forms, waited the requisite amount of time and has satisfied all the requirements to be allowed to carry a weapon. He is enjoying a movie. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees a man walk in the rear of the theater carrying a big, black, scary looking gun (aka assault rifle) and multiple clips of ammo. While the shooter starts spraying bullets into the darkened room, our man draws his weapon and drops to the floor.

In your fantasy, he would not have a weapon and would simply be awaiting execution. What is he supposed to do if he has no weapon, feel good that at least there was one less gun in the theater? I want him to have a CHANCE to take the shooter by surprise and end the carnage. You claim you are not saying otherwise, but you do want to take any weapon out of the victim's hand.
is that your first draft of a movie of a action movie script ?
if it is it needs work.
It's a realistic scenario, something you refuse to address.
not even close..good try though.
So address the scenario. What is a victim to do when he/she has no weapon, nowhere to go, and nowhere to hide? Until you do, you're just flailing, hoping I'll get tired of pummeling you and go away.

I put a weapon in his hand.
You take all weapons from him.
A shooter is turning his attention toward him.

What will happen?
pummeling what?
and I did address the scenario it 's contrived predictable and melodramatic and not even close to real.
Dude, that's simply stupid. In every mass shooting, a victim faces the shooter. He either has a weapon or he doesn't. If he has a weapon, he has a chance to stop the shooting. If he doesn't have one, he doesn't have a chance. How difficult to understand is that? You're just dodging reality here, because the end result of your fantasy is UNARMED victims. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And you can't justify it.

I win

Give AA a try.
Apparently, AA is for quitters.

I win

Give AA a try.
Sorry to disappoint you girls but the false accusations of alcohol and or drug use won't fly.

I win

Give AA a try.
Sorry to disappoint you girls but the false accusations of alcohol and or drug use won't fly.
We're trying to find something that could explain the nonsense you post.

is that your first draft of a movie of a action movie script ?
if it is it needs work.
So address the scenario. What is a victim to do when he/she has no weapon, nowhere to go, and nowhere to hide? Until you do, you're just flailing, hoping I'll get tired of pummeling you and go away.

What will happen?
pummeling what?
and I did address the scenario it 's contrived predictable and melodramatic and not even close to real.
Dude, that's simply stupid. In every mass shooting, a victim faces the shooter. He either has a weapon or he doesn't. If he has a weapon, he has a chance to stop the shooting. If he doesn't have one, he doesn't have a chance. How difficult to understand is that? You're just dodging reality here, because the end result of your fantasy is UNARMED victims. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. And you can't justify it.
I'm not trying to justify anything.
You on the other hand are justifying, rationalizing like a bitch.
It’s you who fantasizing.
As to chance.
Your shooter has only a fractionally better chance of stopping a bad guy than a unarmed person .

I win

Give AA a try.
Here is a novel idea , take it for what it is FACT.

[
Pre tantrum brain chemicals are reaching critical levels.

Oh, and I want my 10 minutes back, your Wiki article did NOT say that Whitman used all of the guns. The attack from the tower was 1,500 feet, you drunken moron. ONLY the Mauser or the .30-06 had the range to make those shots. A shotgun doesn't carry 300 yards, nor does a 9mm. The Mauser had iron sites, so really the ONLY weapon he could use was the Remington 700, the .30-06.

Whitman killed his mother and wife by stabbing them; his mother was also shot. During the University of Texas campus massacre, he usually fired from the tower's observation deck at by passers with the following firearms he brought:

Charles Whitman

false

No one calls them carbine rifles. You had your M1 Garand RIFLE, and your M1 Carbine in WWII. When you say M1 Carbine, you are giving the name of the actual weapon, that it has rifling is implied, but it is not a "rifle" per say, it is a carbine.
False!
But you had to say something.

Charles Whitman

false

False!

True.
Also true, is that you are a twat.

Charles Whitman

false

False!

True.
False on both

Many carbines are shortened versions of full-length rifles,

What will happen?
pummeling what?
As to chance.
Your shooter has only a fractionally better chance of stopping a bad guy than a unarmed person .
So, to sum it up, the shooter who is trying to rack up the body count is Chuck Norris and kills a lot of people, but anyone who opposes him is Barney Fife and doesn't have a chance of killing him. This in spite of evidence that they actually do and have done so.

This is why we think you're drunk. You're making no sense at all.

I win

Give AA a try.
Here is a novel idea , take it for what it is FACT.
The trouble with that is it is not factual. You're making stuff up.

What will happen?
pummeling what?
As to chance.
So, to sum it up, the shooter who is trying to rack up the body count is Chuck Norris and kills a lot of people, but anyone who opposes him is Barney Fife and doesn't have a chance of killing him. This in spite of evidence that they actually do and have done so.

This is why we think you're drunk. You're making no sense at all.
Didn't say that, you are making false inferences based on your paranoia.
Like I said there is no hard and fast answer to this problem.
Your whole fantasy is based on a few "lucky breaks".

false

False!

True.
False on both

Many carbines are shortened versions of full-length rifles,

That's waht a carbine is, however no one says "carbine rifle". They say rifle, or carbine.

Forum List

Back