🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why again doesn't England, Spain, France, Portugal and Norway have to answer for slavery here?

It was the USA that ended it in less than 100 years after it had been going on for over 3 centuries on behalf of those specific countries.

Is it racist of me to ask this? We know the left will not address cause they never do address how African warlords and nations were complicate in the slave trade. Just pointing that fact out is racist, for no other reason other than it is a fact. Yes, facts are racist....to them.

So, do those European countries owe reparations and should the EU pay it?

No? Why? Please explain.

Same reason no one here owes anyone reparations: because they aren't liable for the bad actions of their great-great-great grandparents.

It was the USA that ended it in less than 100 years after it had been going on for over 3 centuries on behalf of those specific countries.

Is it racist of me to ask this? We know the left will not address cause they never do address how African warlords and nations were complicate in the slave trade. Just pointing that fact out is racist, for no other reason other than it is a fact. Yes, facts are racist....to them.

No? Why? Please explain.

You left out Africa and the muslims in the north of Africa..who are still practicing slavery to this day.

Great!! Lets use a African Warlord as our moral compass...

No? Why? Please explain.

Reparations were make by England for the slaves 30 years before the civil war. Just reparation you don't expect.

".....The amount of money to be spent on the payments was set at "the Sum of Twenty Million Pounds Sterling".[20] Under the terms of the Act, the British government raised £20 million[21] (worth £1.43 billion in 2020[22]) to pay out for the loss of the slaves as business assets to the registered owners of the freed slaves. In 1833,"

No? Why? Please explain.

Same reason no one here owes anyone reparations: because they aren't liable for the bad actions of their great-great-great grandparents.

Yet Children of Slaves became Slaves themselves...

No? Why? Please explain.
I understand the others, but Norway? Were they involved in the slave trade?
Yes unfortunately it was however not formally as Norway. During the height of the slave trade Norway was part of Denmark which was involved in the slave trade from the Danish West Indies. Norwegians were still involved though.

Celebrating the Confederacy is a celebration of slavery.

No other way to define it.
Not sure who is celebrating the Confederacy. Not wanting historically significant statues and plaques torn down is not exactly "celebrating" rebel forces but our history per se.
I don't know why the left believes erasing the past will end interest in it (like hiding Playboy magazines from the kids). It only increases curiosity and interest in it.

Erasing history and public figures considered "counter revolutionary" is how the Soviet Union operated so of course the far left mimics them as an homage to their political progenitors.

Check your prejudices.

No? Why? Please explain.

Yet Children of Slaves became Slaves themselves...

Which changes nothing that I said, since those children happen to BE the great-great-grandparents in question, moron.

None of the people involved are alive now. Haven't been for a long time. The people who are alive now are not responsible for what their ancestors did.

Forum List

Back