CDZ Why All the Fuss Over Interracial Ads?

I was just reading about the uproar over the Old Navy ad featuring a supposedly interracial couple consisting of a white male, a Black female, and a Black child. I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it? Can a white person that has an issue with the ad please explain why?

Discuss.

I haven't seen that ad, but I wonder why you are juxtaposing Black and White reactions to it? Why would there be a difference?
I just posted the ad. i am asking because whites often have different reasons than Blacks on matter of race. Can you answer the question?

I think black people should only have relationships with black people, to preserve the black race.

I think white people should only have relationships with white people, to preserve the white race.

Now IF you think that makes me a "white supremacist" or some garbage like that....then you'd have to agree that the blacks are "black supremacists", we can't have a double standard regarding this issue.
Thank you. Some Blacks feel the same way. What i want to know is what is the ad doing to threaten what you think people should do?

The advertisement is normalising and almost encouraging white-black relationships and pro-creating, something that I'm strongly against, for the reasons I just articulated.

I know that in the black community, there's a large section of people who are vehemently against interracial relationships and I happen to agree with them, we each have a right, a human right, to preserve our respective races.

If we don't do this, we water down both races, which is what neither side should be wanting.

"I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it?"

Elaborate please, meaning why can you understand black people having a problem with it, but you seem bewildered that white people shouldn't have a problem with it?

Why is this?
I can understand because i have already had it explained to me by numerous Black people. I want to find out why whites have an issue with it since I am not white.

Well I haven't had any black people explain to me why they have a problem with it, so could you as a black person tell me why?
Then I'll give my reasons.
I asked first. If you want to find out then answer my question or start your own thread.

You're being very strange about this, I ask because I think it's a loaded question from your OP.
Loaded with what? i simply asked a question specifically to white people that have an issue with the ad.

Well I thought you were going to employ the double standard, we're so used to getting this applied, that it's just a natural assumption it was going to be applied in this thread.

It reminds some that the United states is changing in the demographic and attitudes and that scares them
So youre saying its not really the ad its what the ad represents?

You realise that Guno posts almost daily threads about how much he hates white people, bizarrely so, as Guno IS a white man....so one is to expect he'd like the ad and what it represents.
Not sure what that has to do with what I am seeking?

I was just reading about the uproar over the Old Navy ad featuring a supposedly interracial couple consisting of a white male, a Black female, and a Black child. I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it? Can a white person that has an issue with the ad please explain why?

Discuss.

I haven't seen that ad, but I wonder why you are juxtaposing Black and White reactions to it? Why would there be a difference?
I just posted the ad. i am asking because whites often have different reasons than Blacks on matter of race. Can you answer the question?

I think black people should only have relationships with black people, to preserve the black race.

I think white people should only have relationships with white people, to preserve the white race.

Now IF you think that makes me a "white supremacist" or some garbage like that....then you'd have to agree that the blacks are "black supremacists", we can't have a double standard regarding this issue.
Thank you. Some Blacks feel the same way. What i want to know is what is the ad doing to threaten what you think people should do?

The advertisement is normalising and almost encouraging white-black relationships and pro-creating, something that I'm strongly against, for the reasons I just articulated.

I know that in the black community, there's a large section of people who are vehemently against interracial relationships and I happen to agree with them, we each have a right, a human right, to preserve our respective races.

If we don't do this, we water down both races, which is what neither side should be wanting.
How can an ad normalize something people dont want to accept?

It reminds some that the United states is changing in the demographic and attitudes and that scares them

You realise that Guno posts almost daily threads about how much he hates white people, bizarrely so, as Guno IS a white man....so one is to expect he'd like the ad and what it represents.

My family is interracial and for near 40 years have seen the hate

What I mean is, I don't think he's the right person to want to solicit a response from, as his curious attitude towards white people is known, also very strange, as he's white, it's something that I and others cannot understand, but this is his issue, maybe one time he could explain why he hates his own race.

However, I've answered your original question.

If people see this sort of thing, not just this advertisement, but we see it in television programmes, films etc, it's an agenda that's being pushed onto society....that this sort of thing is normal.

If you do that 24/7 it starts to make something seem normal that isn't normal or natural.

What I mean is, I don't think he's the right person to want to solicit a response from, as his curious attitude towards white people is known, also very strange, as he's white, it's something that I and others cannot understand, but this is his issue, maybe one time he could explain why he hates his own race.

I know he doesnt hate his race. He hates the racists in his race.

Thanks for answering my question. It has raised another question though. Now I am wondering why you think the ad has an effect on what people do.

If people see this sort of thing, not just this advertisement, but we see it in television programmes, films etc, it's an agenda that's being pushed onto society....that this sort of thing is normal.

If you do that 24/7 it starts to make something seem normal that isn't normal or natural.
So you are saying that this ad and others like it would influence people to feel or think a certain way and begin to accept interracial pairings?

I know he doesnt hate his race. He hates the racists in his race.

Thanks for answering my question. It has raised another question though. Now I am wondering why you think the ad has an effect on what people do.

I think the double standard that's now applied, that blacks are never racist and whites simply by being white are racist, makes some very confused white people actually think, that by having an interracial relationship and a mixed race child tells society that "see I'm not a white racist, because I've got a mixed race child"

When in actual fact in the scheme of things that means nothing.

What shows you're not a racist, is having a respect for all the races, to the ultimate point of wanting to preserve each as it's own separate entity....which is why whites should be only with other whites and blacks should be only with other blacks, in relationships and pro-creating and thus preserving the races.

I think nobody should be having more than say five children per family, but's that's another issue and isn't related to the subject of your OP.

So you are saying that this ad and others like it would influence people to feel or think a certain way and begin to accept interracial pairings?

Yes and I've just mentioned why in my previous post.

Do you feel this is an intentional act or do you think its just an accident?

Do you feel this is an intentional act or do you think its just an accident?

I think regarding the MSM pushing this agenda it's obviously intentional, the absorbing of what's being shown, I think in some cases it's on a subconscious level but in many cases it's on a conscious level, I think none of it is an accident.

Folks, please remember this is the CDZ...don't talk about each other, talk about the topic.

I had not seen the ad, but I'm dismayed by some of the social media comments about it.

Ad Sparks Anti-Miscegenation Backlash. In 2016.

Really? People take issue with miscegenation these days?

Perhaps most disturbing is the prospect that Trump's refusal to flat out and unequivocally reject David Duke's endorsement has contributed to making it increasingly more okay to hold and hold dear racist views and attitudes.

Ever since eariest times we white guys have had a dread of black guys or Mexicans stealing our women. And with good reason. Have you seen King Kong? I know he wasn't exactly a guy, but he sure was black and he lived on an island full of black people. Now why would they put that in a movie if it wasn't true?

Although black guys taking white women is the most serious threat that Western civilization has ever faced, there is no problem with white guys helping out black women by getting a little white blood into their kids, although there can be no question of marriage: that is against God's law and strictly illegal. From Thomas Jefferson to Strom Thurmond, white Americans have done their part to help black folks in this way. And look at the thanks we get!

Personally, I find the ad exciting rather than alarming. After all, it doesn't say the couple is married. I think he is your average suburban Joe and she is the cleaning lady whose job bennies include the privilege of having a half-white child. Isn't this the American dream? Isn't this what has made the South the greatest place on Earth? Let's just settle down and enjoy the show.

Discuss.
Why, Asclepias, let me #white-chic-coffee-problems 'splain it to you. :eusa_angel:

Blacks are offended the same way whites are offended here and I'm quite comfortable talking about this. Old Navy is some of the cheapest made crap anywhere. Most of it is shapeless. It's Walmart with a name brand that should keep people off your behind until you can afford better clothing. It's so cheap that gangs don't even bother. So, like yeah................we are offended.

How dare this company showcase an ad that screams interracial hanky panky given the history of this country and all of those tender feelings still in existence

AND utilize slave labor to make the clothing AT THE SAME TIME.
Gap and Old Navy in Bangladesh: cheating the poorest workers in the world

No?

Damn it. Seriously? Who sits around and watches commercials?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back