Why Are A Number OF Atheists So Full Of Hate?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why are a number of atheists so all fired full of hate? Why does it bother them so much what other folks believe? What other folks believe costs them not a single dime financially nor does what someone believes effect them in any way whatsoever. It is a big world. There are millions of people on this planet. It is a diversified world. People are different and come in all shapes, sizes, races, and beliefs. Why get all bent out of shape if someone is a Christian. a Hindu, a Republican, a Democrat, a Black person or a white person? Chill out. Live and let live. What someone had for supper is of no concern of anyone's.

Why are a number of atheists so all fired full of hate? Why does it bother them so much what other folks believe? What other folks believe costs them not a single dime financially nor does what someone believes effect them in any way whatsoever. It is a big world. There are millions of people on this planet. It is a diversified world. People are different and come in all shapes, sizes, races, and beliefs. Why get all bent out of shape if someone is a Christian. a Hindu, a Republican, a Democrat, a Black person or a white person? Chill out. Live and let live. What someone had for supper is of no concern of anyone's.
If your mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter or spouse passed away, and you believed that was that, good knowing you, that's the end. You would probably be full of hate too.

I do have a theory, when one of those listed above passed away, the atheist knew that they didn't live the kind of life that would be approved of by others, and they knew that their relations were burning in hell, so they decided, it was better if there was no hell, so they decided to tell others of this revelation. Teaching there is no hell, and teaching yourself to believe it, is much better than knowing your family or friends are there.

"and teaching yourself to believe it"

Sums it up nicely.
I quite like the idea of learning for yourself than having it drummed into you from the cradle!

The same question can easily be asked of Christians and Muslims.
I can't speak for Muslims, but Christians are commanded to spread the good news.

And yet so many of them are nasty and judgmental. I've seen it in my own family.
I've been a Christian all my life, and I've seen it far to many times to count. I have even been guilty of it. The more of the Bible I understand, the less judgmental I get(except of other Christians).

I think many Christians, do like many non believers, and just pick and choose what verses they want to follow, and which ones they want to ignore. To me, that does not qualify them to be called Christian.

Sums it up nicely.
I quite like the idea of learning for yourself than having it drummed into you from the cradle!

My folks didn't attend any churches so I guess I'm in the same boat with the learning as you.

You might just as well ask "Why are Religious Fanatics so full of Hate?" e.g. Westboro Baptists, Pat Robertson, Islamic Jihadists, "Christians" in these forums who advocate the genocide of Muslims.
If some Atheists express hatred I guess they're as vulnerable to fault as many other members of the human race.

Sums it up nicely.

If religion were like alcohol and it was only allowed for adult consumption the number of fanatical theists in the world would be on a par with the number of alcoholics.

If your mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter or spouse passed away, and you believed that was that, good knowing you, that's the end. You would probably be full of hate too.

I do have a theory, when one of those listed above passed away, the atheist knew that they didn't live the kind of life that would be approved of by others, and they knew that their relations were burning in hell, so they decided, it was better if there was no hell, so they decided to tell others of this revelation. Teaching there is no hell, and teaching yourself to believe it, is much better than knowing your family or friends are there.

We all lose loved ones. Death comes upon us all. Not all Christians embrace the "fiery Hell" bit nor the "eternal punishing" bit either. There are literally hundreds of different Christian denominations and many more different beliefs. I've really seen only one major theme among the atheist belief though.

My point remains though, why so much hate toward anyone? What's the good of it?

You might just as well ask "Why are Religious Fanatics so full of Hate?" e.g. Westboro Baptists, Pat Robertson, Islamic Jihadists, "Christians" in these forums who advocate the genocide of Muslims.
If some Atheists express hatred I guess they're as vulnerable to fault as many other members of the human race.

I agree there are ample "nuts" among the Christian populace but I will put forth the argument that these are actually rare cases. To me though, it just appears that the hatred towards Christians and other people of faith or religion if you will, is a common thread among atheist. The local Baptist Church in your neighborhood has absolutely nothing at all in common with Westboro Baptist Church.

If religion were like alcohol and it was only allowed for adult consumption the number of fanatical theists in the world would be on a par with the number of alcoholics.

If religion was like alcohol I would be in favour of it :wine:

Why does it bother you at all? If you want to drink alcohol, that doesn't effect me at all. I'm not angry at you for drinking alcohol. Are you angry at me because I drive a Nissan Titan?

The answer is plainly stated in Romans.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1, ESV)

Why does it bother you at all? If you want to drink alcohol, that doesn't effect me at all. I'm not angry at you for drinking alcohol. Are you angry at me because I drive a Nissan Titan?

That's good because I wasn't buying you a drink. I was replying to Derideo's post, you never crossed my mind. Do you think every post is aimed at you? Or is that just the in built in christian paranoia?

"Why are a number of atheists so all fired full of hate? Why does it bother them so much what other folks believe?"

I can only surmise, misery loves company. Losers need to bring others down to their level, using group power as they have none of their own. Pathetic individuals.

To me though, it just appears that the hatred towards Christians and other people of faith or religion if you will, is a common thread among atheist.

It's a religious war, the Religion of Liberalism versus the Religion of Christianity. Atheism is not the driving factor.

The local Baptist Church in your neighborhood has absolutely nothing at all in common with Westboro Baptist Church.

The local Baptist Church is likely filled with Republicans. The Westboro Baptist Church is filled with Democrats.

Forum List

Back