Why Are A Number OF Atheists So Full Of Hate?

Why are a number of atheists so all fired full of hate? Why does it bother them so much what other folks believe? What other folks believe costs them not a single dime financially nor does what someone believes effect them in any way whatsoever. It is a big world. There are millions of people on this planet. It is a diversified world. People are different and come in all shapes, sizes, races, and beliefs. Why get all bent out of shape if someone is a Christian. a Hindu, a Republican, a Democrat, a Black person or a white person? Chill out. Live and let live. What someone had for supper is of no concern of anyone's.

:dunno:
No problems until it actually does impact the public realm and whether you choose to believe it or not there is a financial impact when tax money is diverted to religious institutions. There is a financial impact when a religious institution opens a business and then makes decisions from a religious perspective.
Not to mention the unfairness to the rest of the entertainment world by the taxes NOT paid by the religious industry.

Good luck having the laws changed. I don't know any politician willing to commit political suicide by bringing anything like that to the floor as a Bill.

Why are a number of atheists so all fired full of hate? Why does it bother them so much what other folks believe? What other folks believe costs them not a single dime financially nor does what someone believes effect them in any way whatsoever. It is a big world. There are millions of people on this planet. It is a diversified world. People are different and come in all shapes, sizes, races, and beliefs. Why get all bent out of shape if someone is a Christian. a Hindu, a Republican, a Democrat, a Black person or a white person? Chill out. Live and let live. What someone had for supper is of no concern of anyone's.

Other people's beliefs are why by and large, gays and lesbian can't get married. So some beliefs do mess with other people's rights and lives. Though I'd agree atheists can go overboard at times.

That's changing and very fast. There are gays and lesbians getting married every day. There were no news cameras and reporters present when I got married. I feel slighted.
If making the news was the goal of your wedding you should have married someone more controversial.

And the only reason that that is changing is because the Supreme Court is having a harder and harder time hiding the facts of their decisions. That and the definition of "all" as applied to The US Constitution.

I wonder.......if the founders only knew how much of a pain in the butt that all was going to be they might have just cut out all those cool phrases from the DOI on down.

Why does it bother them so much what other folks believe?

Matthew 10:22 King James Version
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

I used to have a friend at work. We got along great and had many long conversations. He's an upbeat guy and considers himself to be an intellectual although he refuses to read books. But when Christianity comes up, he changes. His face gets contorted and he seethes with anger. He holds a visceral hatred for Christianity. Not religions but Christianity in particular. The fact that I'm a Christian drives him to distraction. He's tried over and over to show me the error of my faith. That my salvation is unshakeable and my faith in my Savior is unwavering should be a testament for him but it only enrages him. Needless to say, our friendship suffered. We have drifted to being only acquaintances now. I hope he comes around. That level of hatred is not healthy. It's demented.

atheist-nonsense.jpg

I have a nephew who gets on Facebook and rants and rants almost to the point of verbally cursing God. His little son is in the hospital right now undergoing treatment for leukemia and is in very very serious condition. He has come on Facebook and told all his in-laws and friends to not pray for his little son. Sad.

Other people's beliefs are why by and large, gays and lesbian can't get married. So some beliefs do mess with other people's rights and lives. Though I'd agree atheists can go overboard at times.

That's changing and very fast. There are gays and lesbians getting married every day. There were no news cameras and reporters present when I got married. I feel slighted.
If making the news was the goal of your wedding you should have married someone more controversial.

And the only reason that that is changing is because the Supreme Court is having a harder and harder time hiding the facts of their decisions. That and the definition of "all" as applied to The US Constitution.

I wonder.......if the founders only knew how much of a pain in the butt that all was going to be they might have just cut out all those cool phrases from the DOI on down.

Actually, I give them credit for establishing something that has stood the test of time. The only ones really having trouble with it is this new and "modern" generation. We got along generation after generation until now. Maybe an inward look would be beneficial?

Actually, I give them credit for establishing something that has stood the test of time. The only ones really having trouble with it is this new and "modern" generation. We got along generation after generation until now. Maybe an inward look would be beneficial?

I was being silly. I don't see the new "modern" generation as the ones having the problem. Perhaps some introspection on your own part will help you.

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
Socrates

The answer is plainly stated in Romans.

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things." (Romans 1, ESV)

I don't hate Christians but I do fear them. Those that believe, like Paul, that they know me better than I know myself are almost required to ignore my values, beliefs, and opinions. They can do almost anything "in my best interests" regardless of how I feel since deep down I really do know they're right I just refuse to admit it. Their morality is the only acceptable one.

The same reason anyone else is. The Adversary stirs the hearts of many people to anger.

I was being silly. I don't see the new "modern" generation as the ones having the problem. Perhaps some introspection on your own part will help you.

I certainly don't have a problem with the founding fathers at all. I think they did an excellent job. The ones I see most complaining out our Constitution the most though has been the young folks. Just my own observation.

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things." (Romans 1, ESV)

I don't hate Christians but I do fear them. Those that believe, like Paul, that they know me better than I know myself are almost required to ignore my values, beliefs, and opinions. They can do almost anything "in my best interests" regardless of how I feel since deep down I really do know they're right I just refuse to admit it. Their morality is the only acceptable one.

Are you speaking of the Apostle Paul or who? The Apostle is long dead and should have little influence upon you. Perhaps it is conscience?

Are you speaking of the Apostle Paul or who? The Apostle is long dead and should have little influence upon you. Perhaps it is conscience?
I agree the Apostle Paul is long dead and should have little influence upon me but unfortunately that is just not the case. MaxGrit quoted Paul showing us all that even though long dead, he is still influencial to many people.

In truth, I don't particularly fear Christians so much as I fear anyone who KNOWS what is right since they know what is right for others. Although some fundamentalists Christians fall into that group they share that belief with religious fundamentalists and political ideologs of all strips, to name a few.

I agree the Apostle Paul is long dead and should have little influence upon me but unfortunately that is just not the case. MaxGrit quoted Paul showing us all that even though long dead, he is still influencial to many people.

In truth, I don't particularly fear Christians so much as I fear anyone who KNOWS what is right since they know what is right for others. Although some fundamentalists Christians fall into that group they share that belief with religious fundamentalists and political ideologs of all strips, to name a few.

I have no idea how old you are but most any adult with an ounce of common sense knows right from wrong. Most kids also know right from wrong at an early age. I don't understand why you fear Christians so much. They are only people just like you and I. They are also individuals just like you and I. I suppose I once feared my Dad because he would whip me when I was naughty but after him, I never feared anyone or any group.

I have no idea how old you are but most any adult with an ounce of common sense knows right from wrong. Most kids also know right from wrong at an early age. I don't understand why you fear Christians so much. They are only people just like you and I. They are also individuals just like you and I. I suppose I once feared my Dad because he would whip me when I was naughty but after him, I never feared anyone or any group.

Everyone knows right from wrong and life would be simpler if there was only one source for what is right and what is wrong. There isn't. I believe a woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy under certain conditions, you may feel that any abortion is murder. Who is right? Christians are often outspoken on this subject and I fear their morality can be inflicted on me. Christianity has a history going back 2 millenia and it was not always pretty. You may think it could never revert to it's violent past but who knows what may come. Islam was quite peaceful for quite some time but that has changed a bit.

I'm impressed you never feared anyone or any group and I can only think you need to get out more. I hear Iraq is lovely in the Fall and there is certainly no need to fear the ISIS Muslim fundamentalists there who know that Allah wants infidels eliminated.

Yeah! What is it with those Goddamned atheists anyway? Where do those despicable fucks get off hating so much? Bastards!

Why does it bother us? Because you fools are such god damn hypocrites. And what is it this god does for you? Does he make you a better person? Really? Did he make Ray Rice a better person?

Listen to Ray Rice talk about how important faith is to him. Remember, this is before he knocked his wife the fuck out!

Everyone knows right from wrong and life would be simpler if there was only one source for what is right and what is wrong. There isn't. I believe a woman has a right to terminate a pregnancy under certain conditions, you may feel that any abortion is murder. Who is right? Christians are often outspoken on this subject and I fear their morality can be inflicted on me. Christianity has a history going back 2 millenia and it was not always pretty. You may think it could never revert to it's violent past but who knows what may come. Islam was quite peaceful for quite some time but that has changed a bit.

I'm impressed you never feared anyone or any group and I can only think you need to get out more. I hear Iraq is lovely in the Fall and there is certainly no need to fear the ISIS Muslim fundamentalists there who know that Allah wants infidels eliminated.

Well, believe it or not, I have gotten out a little in my 71 years. I finished high school, fell in love with a girl I'd met when she was twelve. I left her behind when I was drafted. I was sent to Viet Nam where I lost my right arm and part of my shoulder. I returned home a got on with an electrical company. I took a correspondence course in electricity and worked my way up to master electrician. I married the girl I'd left behind. I sat for my contractor's license and passed the exam. I started biding on jobs. I landed a contract with a developer to wire 125 new homes. The contract was for one year. I left my day job and have never looked back I have owned my own electrical construction and maintenance corporation now for forty years. My wife and I had three children and have seven grandkids. I have been very fortunate and have had a wonderful life.

Why does it bother us? Because you fools are such god damn hypocrites. And what is it this god does for you? Does he make you a better person? Really? Did he make Ray Rice a better person?

Listen to Ray Rice talk about how important faith is to him. Remember, this is before he knocked his wife the fuck out!

That's my point. What Ray Rice does or has done has absolutely nothing at all to do with me. How does what he does have any effect upon you? Does he owe you money?

That's my point. What Ray Rice does or has done has absolutely nothing at all to do with me. How does what he does have any effect upon you? Does he owe you money?

We just don't like people like you, most theists and people like Ray Rice thinking they have this get into heaven free card just because they believe in god.

No Ray. Men who knock their girlfriends the fuck out dont' go to heaven no matter how much they believe he jesus stories.

This also illustrates how god is doing a horrible job at making people better. I'm an atheist and I would never punch a woman like that.

And yes I blame god for Ray's actions.

And why don't Christians accuse Jews & Muslims of being full of hate? I think the only reason is that all the religions have an unwritten or unspoken agreement to not call each other out.

Because the truth is, just like atheists Jews and Muslims call bullshit on the Jesus myth too. No one is accusing Jews of being "full of hate", are they?

Why not? What's the difference?

Forum List

Back