Why are civilians being told not to help in hurricane relief?

To me it is incomprehensible. Buttigieg has apparently stopped all civilian airplanes, helicopters and drones from being able to help with the hurricane search, rescue or help restore the supply chain. And now they're apparently stopping Elon Musk/Trump from helping provide communications with Starlink. How in the world does a good government stop good people from stepping up to help? For what purpose?

The FEMA website gushes glowing reports of all the wonderful and effective work they are doing in the Hurricane relief even as Mayorkas said FEMA is out of money--at least until he was instructed to stop saying it--while those on the ground on Day 8 after the hurricane first hit say they haven't seen FEMA personnel anywhere and the body count continues to pile up. Would the government lie on their FEMA website?

So what's going on? What is the Administration trying to hide? From the outside it looks like they are desperate to hide their incompetence, ineffectiveness and downright malfeasance in carrying out their responsibilities.

Did the Big Guy get his 10%???

Did you know that the Great Storm of 1900, also known as the 1900 Galveston hurricane, was the deadliest natural disaster in American history? Also the third deadliest Atlantic hurricane with the most cited casualties listed at 8000 people.

It destroyed over 7000 buildings, including over 3600 homes, not including minimal damage to thousands more homes.

It also put the city and coastline under 12 feet of water, forcing engineers to raise the Gulf of Mexico shoreline by 17 feet and build a 10 mile sea wall.

It left over 10,000 people homeless.

And do you know what?

There was no Fema in 1900.

The people of Galveston rebuilt their own city.

Emphasis on "Aftermath'' and ''Rebuilding'' and ''Protection'' sections...
True. And this, is where the Commie/Dems failed. If there was ever a time to prove to "the people" that they were needed, and only they could get shit done... It was this. And they were out classed predominately by people who would never vote for them, and that they not only hate; but deem a threat. Religious right leaning, Red County conservative groups. And they beat them to the launch, and delivery by nearly a week. So did the Feds pick up the pace in a bid to not be "outdone"? No...
Now they're just trying to stop the people who are saving those that the Feds couldnt...

Last edited:
As to OP

in my tenure there would appear two sorts on scene, those that would ask 'what happened', and those that would jump in and ask 'what can i do?'

which are you?

~S~

To me it is incomprehensible. Buttigieg has apparently stopped all civilian airplanes, helicopters and drones from being able to help with the hurricane search, rescue or help restore the supply chain. And now they're apparently stopping Elon Musk/Trump from helping provide communications with Starlink. How in the world does a good government stop good people from stepping up to help? For what purpose?

The FEMA website gushes glowing reports of all the wonderful and effective work they are doing in the Hurricane relief even as Mayorkas said FEMA is out of money--at least until he was instructed to stop saying it--while those on the ground on Day 8 after the hurricane first hit say they haven't seen FEMA personnel anywhere and the body count continues to pile up. Would the government lie on their FEMA website?

So what's going on? What is the Administration trying to hide? From the outside it looks like they are desperate to hide their incompetence, ineffectiveness and downright malfeasance in carrying out their responsibilities.

1) Incompetence
2) Confused thinking
3) I heard they (tptb) want the land.
4) Commies doing commie things.
5) Dunno
6) I need to see more memes to decide.

commies no return.jpg

True. And this, is where the Commie/Dems failed. If there was ever a time to prove to "the people" that they were needed, and only they could get shit done... It was this. And they were out classed predominately by people who would never vote for them, and that they not only hate; but deem a threat. Religious right leaning, Red County conservative groups. And they beat them to the launch, and delivery by nearly a week. So did the Feds pick up the pace in a bid to not be "outdone"? No...
Now they're just trying to stop the people who are saving those that the Feds couldnt...

Seig Heil Asshole.

Forum List

Back