Why are democrats holding our government hostage?

no more than dems crying about pubs holding the government hostage

i love how this thread made the dems shoot themselves in the foot about who's holding the government hostage

fact is, no one is, both parties are merely playing politics as usual

Nah, I don't think the both-sides-do-it narrative is gonna fly this time.

i love how this thread made the dems shoot themselves in the foot about who's holding the government hostage

and yet, they are. you can bury your head in the sand, but they are. pubs don't want obamacare because it sucks, even buffet said so. dems are too prideful to let it go. pubs are too prideful to let it go.

so yes, both sides are doing it.

NOBODY has EVER held the country and ruined the economy over the debt ceiling like these brainwashed hateful numbskulls ...if there's any justice, they'll be tossed next year...

and yet, they are. you can bury your head in the sand, but they are. pubs don't want obamacare because it sucks, even buffet said so. dems are too prideful to let it go. pubs are too prideful to let it go.

Coupla things:

1) the Warren Buffet thing is a pile of horsecrap.

2) the ACA is established law, legitimately passed, passed muster thru the Supreme court and according to the most recent polling, public opinion is on the side of keeping it. IOW, the side that supports the law has absolutely no reason to "let it go" to begin with. It's not just about being "prideful" on their parts.

But please proceed, Teahdists...

:)

Everything you know about O-care is Pubcrappe, brainwashed functional moron.

News for buffett obamacare
Republicans Prove That They're Living In An Another Reality By Dredging Up And Mangling An Old Warren Buffett Quote
Business Insider - 1 day ago
Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett pauses during a bridge game in Omaha May 5, 2013 the day after the company's annual meeting.
Buffett: Pols Are "Pretty Damn Dumb" If They Can't Find A Debt Ceiling Deal
ValueWalk - 4 hours ago
Warren Buffett: Debt Ceiling Dispute Is Pretty Damn Dumb
TIME (blog) - 7 hours ago

http://www.google.com/search?q=buff...u&sa=X&ei=_7M8UtbpA9Pe4APL2IDACA&ved=0CBgQqAI

Last edited:
Exactly right Yurt. Exactly right! The Democrats need to lie down and let a small minority of republicans and tea party people take control of the US. Let's forget about this majority rule crap!
Minority rule!!!
Minority rule!!!
(Repeat after me.)
Minority rule!!!

um, the pubs have the majority in the house

:rolleyes:

Which is only one of the three pieces of the puzzle that makes law in this country and the Democrats hold the other two.

You can't have tyranny by the minority. No government can function under such nonsense.

Actually, the latest Rasmussen poll from 9/17 shows a majority of Americans favor a gov't shutdown until ACA funding is stripped.

The more people find out about ACA, the less they want it.. it's a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

NOBODY has EVER held the country and ruined the economy over the debt ceiling like these brainwashed hateful numbskulls ...if there's any justice, they'll be tossed next year...

I see you are swallowing Obama's lies again...

When will you people ever learn??

Obama?s claim that non-budget items have ?never? been attached to the debt ceiling

President Obama said that GOP lawmakers now are trying to “extort” repeal of the health care law via the debt limit, but that’s also what Democrats wanted to do with President Nixon, who opposed the campaign-finance reforms.

Indeed, Linda K. Kowalcky and Lance T. LeLoup wrote in a comprehensive study of the politics of the debt limit, for Public Administration Review, that “during this period, the genesis of a pattern developed that would eventually become full blown in the mid-1970s and 1980s: the use of the debt ceiling vote as a vehicle for other legislative matters.”

Previously, they noted, the debt limit bill had been linked to the mechanics of debt management, but now anything was fair game. Major changes in Social Security were attached to the debt bill; another controversial amendment sought to end the bombing in Cambodia. Kowalcky and LeLoup list 25 nongermane amendments that were attached to debt-limit bills between 1978 and 1987, including allowing voluntary school prayer, banning busing to achieve integration and proposing a nuclear freeze.

In 1982, Senate Majority Leader Howard Baker unleashed a free-for-all by allowing 1,400 nongermane amendments to the debt ceiling legislation, which resulted in five weeks of raucous debate that mostly focused on limiting federal court jurisdiction over school payer and busing. The debt limit only passed after lawmakers decided to strip all of the amendments from the bill.

One of the most striking examples of a president being forced to accept unrelated legislation on a debt-ceiling bill took place in 1980. The House and Senate repealed a central part of President Jimmy Carter’s energy policy — an oil import fee that was expected to raise the cost of gasoline by 10 cents a gallon. Carter vetoed the bill, even though the United States was close to default, and then the House and Senate overrode his veto by overwhelming numbers (335-34 in the House; 68-10 in the Senate).

“Foes of the fee succeeded in linking the two measures to gain added leverage for killing the fee,” The Washington Post reported on Carter’s stunning defeat. “The Treasury Department immediately announced it was resuming the sale of bonds, which it suspended Thursday night when the debt ceiling expired.”

no one said anything about polls NYC....why are the democrats holding the government hostage. care to address the thread?

Let me get this straight...if a guy walks into a bank with a gun and says gimme all your money or I start shooting, it's the banks fault?

The House passed a bill funding all of the Government except Obama-care...

If the Democrats or Obama refuses to allow the bill to go into law, who shut down the Government?

um, the pubs have the majority in the house

:rolleyes:

Which is only one of the three pieces of the puzzle that makes law in this country and the Democrats hold the other two.

You can't have tyranny by the minority. No government can function under such nonsense.

Actually, the latest Rasmussen poll from 9/17 shows a majority of Americans favor a gov't shutdown until ACA funding is stripped.

The more people find out about ACA, the less they want it.. it's a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Breitbart, you braindead twit LOL:eusa_whistle:...everything you know about ACA is total Pubcrappe...THE POLL SAYS NOTHING OF THE KIND, and RASMUSSEN IS ALWAYS WAY OFF ANYWAY...you just can'y keep up with the disinformation of the dupes.

And 16 percent plus of the 51 for a partial shutdown want single payer. God know what other stupid spin there is, but you can be sure YOU DUPES will never hear the truth...

Last edited:
no one said anything about polls NYC....why are the democrats holding the government hostage. care to address the thread?

Let me get this straight...if a guy walks into a bank with a gun and says gimme all your money or I start shooting, it's the banks fault?

If the Democrats or Obama refuses to allow the bill to go into law, who shut down the Government?

Oh, so the robber is only asking for all the 20s, the bank can keep the 100s but this is still the banks fault?

"The American people don’t want the government shutdown and they don’t want Obamacare.”

House Passes Spending Bill That Would Cut Health Funds

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/us/politics/house-spending-bill.html?hp

we now have a spending bill that will ensure the government does not shut down. all obama and the dems have to do is get over their ego and let the horrible obamacare be defunded. don't hold america hostage over a horrible bill that now even buffet says is a lousy bill.

Cool! This nutter thinks the American people are stupid.

It is a law, not a bill.

Buffet has not said that the law is lousy. You have been duped again.

Oh, so the robber is only asking for all the 20s, the bank can keep the 100s but this is still the banks fault?

I see you refuse to answer the question..

If all the Government except Obama-care is funded by a Republican Controlled House passed Bill and the Democrat Controlled Senate or the Democrat who sits in the Oval office blocks that Bill from becoming law... Who shut down the Government?

It really is a simple question with an equally Simple answer.

If all the Government except Obama-care is funded by a Republican Controlled House passed Bill and the Democrat Controlled Senate or the Democrat who sits in the Oval office blocks that Bill from becoming law... Who shut down the Government?

The ACA is law, not a "bill". Go back to Schoolhouse Rock.

I'll answer your question with a question...

If a majority Democrat controlled house passed a budget funding everything except the military or the government would shut down, who is shutting down the government?

The ACA is law, not a "bill". Go back to Schoolhouse Rock.

I'll answer your question with a question...

If a majority Democrat controlled house passed a budget funding everything except the military or the government would shut down, who is shutting down the government?

so you can't answer the question, no surprise

btw...your comparison is apples/oranges...comparing the military with obamacare is absurd, further, obamacare is not even implemented yet

"The American people don’t want the government shutdown and they don’t want Obamacare.”

we now have a spending bill that will ensure the government does not shut down. all obama and the dems have to do is get over their ego and let the horrible obamacare be defunded. don't hold america hostage over a horrible bill that now even buffet says is a lousy bill.

It is a law, not a bill.

who said it was a bill?

Breitbart, you braindead twit LOL:eusa_whistle:...everything you know about ACA is total Pubcrappe...THE POLL SAYS NOTHING OF THE KIND, and RASMUSSEN IS ALWAYS WAY OFF ANYWAY...you just can'y keep up with the disinformation of the dupes.

And 16 percent plus of the 51 for a partial shutdown want single payer. God know what other stupid spin there is, but you can be sure YOU DUPES will never hear the truth...

even ABC says most americans opposed

Obamacare Arrives 3 Years Later, Little Understood and Not Well-Liked - ABC News

you fail again

It is a law, not a bill.

who said it was a bill?

you did:

don't hold america hostage over a horrible bill that now even buffet says is a lousy bill.

what? that is the biggest false analogy i have ever seen. but, i will answer...no.

do think the pubs are holding the government hostage?

Forum List

Back