Why are Democrats so afraid of Trump "winning"?

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Of course him and his supporters will spin border barriers as a win, but he's not getting a 30 foot wall across the border that Mexico is going to pay for. He's not even getting remotely what he campaigned on. Give him his money, keep the government open, and quit being babies.

If Trump came out for America, motherhood and apple pie, the Democrats would oppose them all.

Trump has disrupted decades of carefully crafted Dem propaganda, exposed the fake news media used to deliver the propaganda, and is waging war on illegals the future of the Dem party. That's why they are foaming at the mouth and spitting venom.

If Trump came out for America, motherhood and apple pie, the Democrats would oppose them all.
They'd come out and claim that the RUSSIANS! invented apple pie and Trump stole the recipe.

According to democratic leadership, the main reason is because giving him what he wants provides him an incentive to cause mayhem whenever he isn't getting his way, since it worked out for him last time.

Not to mention that a big wall probably isn't the most effective way to spend billions of dollars in border security money. It's more of a symbol so that Trump can turn to his base and brag, "Hey, here's that big wall I promised!" rather than something of great practical usefulness.

They'd come out and claim that the RUSSIANS! invented apple pie and Trump stole the recipe.
They would not say he stole it. It was a closely guarded top secret formula that he freely gave to the Russians and the world would end in ten years because of it.

I've noticed they sorta are already there. They think America's constitution was written by a white man abusing a black woman slave and her having his baby; they hate women having babies and prefer to push abortion as a rite of passage into being completely free of men, etc, and apple pie is bad for you because it has gluten and sugar in it that makes you allergic, fat, and subject to cancer. IOW, they already got it covered. :rolleyes:

According to democratic leadership, the main reason is because giving him what he wants provides him an incentive to cause mayhem whenever he isn't getting his way, since it worked out for him last time.

Not to mention that a big wall probably isn't the most effective way to spend billions of dollars in border security money. It's more of a symbol so that Trump can turn to his base and brag, "Hey, here's that big wall I promised!" rather than something of great practical usefulness.

And the Dems will probably out $pend Trumps request in needless investigations, and opposition before all is said & done.....atleast with Trump's wall, we'd have something to show for our tax dollars, while the Dems come up empty handed

And the Dems will probably out $pend Trumps request in needless investigations, and opposition before all is said & done.....atleast with Trump's wall, we'd have something to show for our tax dollars, while the Dems come up empty handed

Maybe, but both parties seem to be in love with "needless investigations". Can't get enough of 'em. I wish we could throw all these bozos out of office, but alas, my American compatriots are too GODDAMN STUPID to vote for anyone decent, which is why the whole thing is a fucking circus show at all times.

I agree that many if not most Democrats would oppose pretty much anything Trump and the Republicans would say or do or push right now even if it's good for the country, but Trump has not done himself or the Republican Party any real favors over the past two years, including the campaign season, by making a point to reinforce the us vs them mentality. It could probably easily be argued that many if not most Republicans would oppose anything the Democrats say or do or push even if it is good for the country out of a sense of us vs them.

I agree that many if not most Democrats would oppose pretty much anything Trump and the Republicans would say or do or push right now even if it's good for the country, but Trump has not done himself or the Republican Party any real favors over the past two years, including the campaign season, by making a point to reinforce the us vs them mentality. It could probably easily be argued that many if not most Republicans would oppose anything the Democrats say or do or push even if it is good for the country out of a sense of us vs them.

Agreed, but exactly what have the D's promoted that benefits Americans?

I would say trying to address climate change through various regulations and carbon cutting initiatives. Trying to help millions of people obtain affordable healthcare. Trying to figure out a way to either reduce the cost of college education or trying to figure out a way to make it free (I know nothing is truly free). Trying to address illegal immigration without defaulting to military use, walls, citizen militias and the like. I know open borders without security is not the answer however for the most part they are trying to help improve immigration without doing harm to millions of people. There are other concerns of course but those are the hot three basically. I'm not saying what they are doing is perfect or the long term answer but they are atleast trying to work on these things. I can't say that the Republicans are working towards addressing these issues in a long term way in my opinion.

I would say trying to address climate change through various regulations and carbon cutting initiatives. Trying to help millions of people obtain affordable healthcare. Trying to figure out a way to either reduce the cost of college education or trying to figure out a way to make it free (I know nothing is truly free). Trying to address illegal immigration without defaulting to military use, walls, citizen militias and the like. I know open borders without security is not the answer however for the most part they are trying to help improve immigration without doing harm to millions of people. There are other concerns of course but those are the hot three basically. I'm not saying what they are doing is perfect or the long term answer but they are atleast trying to work on these things. I can't say that the Republicans are working towards addressing these issues in a long term way in my opinion.

Republicans have already succeeded in sucking off their corporate overlords. Now all they have to do is sit around and pretend to work until their next campaign.

I've noticed they sorta are already there. They think America's constitution was written by a white man abusing a black woman slave and her having his baby; they hate women having babies and prefer to push abortion as a rite of passage into being completely free of men, etc, and apple pie is bad for you because it has gluten and sugar in it that makes you allergic, fat, and subject to cancer. IOW, they already got it covered. :rolleyes:

Well love certainly isn't lighting your fire. Hate seems to be firing you up though.

Well love certainly isn't lighting your fire. Hate seems to be firing you up though.
You're spinning my acceptance of the looney left as hatred? Never thought of acceptance as being hatred. :biggrin:

You and I would have agreed 25 years ago when I was a liberal.

MMGW, The MM Ice Age, "Climate Change" or whatever the story is now, always was a hoax. It's an endeavor to stifle US industry. I used to believe we were the worst polluters, I've been to other countries and no longer labor under that misinformation. I used to believe in MMGW, I've read enough to be confident it's a lie.

They have affordable HC in the Philippines. I went to their best hospital with a bad case of the shits after drinking open fermented coconut wine. The visit was $35. The facility was at least as nice as any US hospital I've been too. They don't have to keep a platoon of lawyers on stand by to maintain federal compliance with regulations or pay millions for malpractice insurance. There is no health "insurance" there as we have here, and there is a tiered system available to everyone according to their capacity to pay. "Free" care is available but you aren't getting free Chemo or heart surgery anywhere on the planet.

Not everyone needs to go to college, most need vocational schools. Nothing of value is "free", at least you're aware of that.

Republicrats pander to these issues, instead of informing people of the real world facts and explaining why government can not solve these problems and if anything exacerbate them.

I'd be all for allowing MORE immigration, but it needs to be properly controlled, there are lots of people who should not be allowed in, especially people who live in countries where their own governments want to get rid of them.

You're new here so I'm being much nicer than I would be otherwise. I hope you take the time to read the perspective of people who do not agree with you and think critically about things that you've been taught. Do your own research and if you still believe what you believe afterwards so be it. I hope you find the experience a chance to learn something and I recommend you ignore most of what I say from now on because most of it is me using Saul Alinsky Rule #5 for my own amusement.

You're spinning my acceptance of the looney left as hatred? Never thought of acceptance as being hatred. :biggrin:

That is funny too, because the core of her political philosophy is hatred and envy of "the rich, or the 1% or the jews" or whatever regressive pukes call the bourgeoisie now.

Trump winning means they lose (since they've labeled everything he campaigned on a "disaster").

Forum List

Back