Why Are Males Being Forced To Pay For Prenatal And Maternity Benefits In Obamacare?

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This is insane. Do any of you libs agree that males should be forced to pay for prenatal and maternity benefits when Obamacare kicks in? If so, please explain why. And by the way, look at these premium increases across the board.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...0bed32-40bf-11e3-a751-f032898f2dbc_story.html

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Last edited:
This is insane. Do any of you libs agree that males should be forced to pay for prenatal and maternity benefits when Obamacare kicks in? If so, please explain why. And by the way, look at these premium increases across the board.

Obama accused of breaking promise to consumers as health plans cancel policies - The Washington Post

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Maybe women should just stop spreading their legs so they don't get pregnant anymore. Why should a guy have to pay for getting a woman pregnant, right?

As for increases in rates, I find it funny how cons continue to tell us that everybody gets medical care whether they are insured or not, but then they blame potential increased costs on having more people seeking medical care. Say what????

Here is the deal; overall premiums will increase slightly but many things that were not covered in the past are now covered, and anything preventative is covered 100%, so in the long run, the costs will even out. You may pay a bit more on your premium but you'll pay less on the back end. Yes, some people are going to pay more, and yes some people are going to pay less. As for your charts, they are all contrived to fulfill a preconceived notion. They don't compare apples to apples, so basically they are pointless.

Obama accused of breaking promise to consumers as health plans cancel policies - The Washington Post

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Why Are Males Being Forced To Pay For Prenatal And Maternity Benefits In Obamacare?

because as jay carney would say a better insurance plan

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

Maybe women should just stop spreading their legs so they don't get pregnant anymore. Why should a guy have to pay for getting a woman pregnant, right?

As for increases in rates, I find it funny how cons continue to tell us that everybody gets medical care whether they are insured or not, but then they blame potential increased costs on having more people seeking medical care. Say what????

Here is the deal; overall premiums will increase slightly but many things that were not covered in the past are now covered, and anything preventative is covered 100%, so in the long run, the costs will even out. You may pay a bit more on your premium but you'll pay less on the back end. Yes, some people are going to pay more, and yes some people are going to pay less. As for your charts, they are all contrived to fulfill a preconceived notion. They don't compare apples to apples, so basically they are pointless.

How do you know all of this? Did Obama promise it to you? :lol:

Last edited:

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

because as jay carney would say a better insurance plan

Compared to what? A complete nonsense statement that means absolutely nothing, Something the Obama Administration seems to be good at.

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

How do you know all of this? Do Obama promise it to you? :lol:

but many things that were not covered in the past are now covered,

yeah like pre natal for the males

a service they will never use

but are forced to buy

it is this sort of shit that only gives the hope

that this Bernard Lawrence "Bernie" Madoff health insurance scam a chance to fly

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

How do you know all of this? Did Obama promise it to you? :lol:

Actually no. Since I will be buying my health insurance from the exchange, I have actually researched it. The policy I am likely to choose is going to cost me almost exactly the same as my old policy; however, the deductible will double from $2500 to $5000. I never hit my $2500 deductible, so unless I become seriously ill it will have no effect on me. On the good side, all preventative care will be covered 100%, so I will save a few dollars on my well care visits and some testing. All things considered, my overall spending will be almost exactly the same as it is now.

I am beyond breeding age. Why is there no specific plan offered that excludes me from such frivolous BS?

but are forced to buy

that this Bernard Lawrence "Bernie" Madoff health insurance scam a chance to fly

You may not be old enough to need a colonoscopy or a mammogram, if you are a woman, but I need a colonoscopy every five years. It is now covered 100%. In the past, it would have cost me over $1000.

The reason men are now being charged for things like prenatal care and other woman's care is that is the easiest way to make the cost for the policies the same for a man and woman. Now if you are asking why a man should pay for a woman's healthcare when she is pregnant, either you are being foolish or you need to go back to health class in high school. I'll tell you what; I'll help you out on this one. In the vast majority of pregnancies, a guy helped. The only way a man did not willingly take part is in the case of a woman being inseminated from a sperm bank or in the case of Mary, it was an immaculate conception.

but are forced to buy

You may not be old enough to need a colonoscopy or a mammogram, if you are a woman, but I need a colonoscopy every five years. It is now covered 100%. In the past, it would have cost me over $1000.

The reason men are now being charged for things like prenatal care and other woman's care is that is the easiest way to make the cost for the policies the same for a man and woman. Now if you are asking why a man should pay for a woman's healthcare when she is pregnant, either you are being foolish or you need to go back to health class in high school. I'll tell you what; I'll help you out on this one. In the vast majority of pregnancies, a guy helped. The only way a man did not willingly take part is in the case of a woman being inseminated from a sperm bank or in the case of Mary, it was an immaculate conception.

If the man isn't responsible for the pregnancy, why, exactly should a man be responsible for said medical costs? And if said woman (or women) not be held financially responsible, having chosen artificial impregnation, not be responsible for associated costs of resultant pregnancy

but are forced to buy

i had one at age 50 it run about 700 bucks

paid out of pocket

i do 4 office visits a year

and 4 lab works (done at a different site)

and one daily medication

all together it costs me less then a thousand a year

the insurance quoted me runs 696 a month (8300 a year)

and guess what i still get to pay towards my office visits and labs

it is cheaper to pay the fine

Why are childless couples having to pay for schools?

Just a thought I was thinking about. Paying taxes for purposes one does not have sorta thing.

but are forced to buy

If the man isn't responsible for the pregnancy, why, exactly should a man be responsible for said medical costs? And if said woman (or women) not be held financially responsible, having chosen artificial impregnation, not be responsible for associated costs of resultant pregnancy

You have a point if it is due to artificial insemination and it is for a single woman or a lesbian couple. But the truth is that those instances are a very small percentage of all pregnancies. As for a man not being responsible for a woman's pregnancy, isn't that part of the problem these days?

Why are childless couples having to pay for schools?

Just a thought I was thinking about. Paying taxes for purposes one does not have sorta thing.

A question I have often posed. I am constantly reminded that footing the bill to educate the offspring of others is a privilege and social obligation. I have paid for fucking and the resulting offspring. Why aren't others paying for the same?

You have a point if it is due to artificial insemination and it is for a single woman or a lesbian couple. But the truth is that those instances are a very small percentage of all pregnancies. As for a man not being responsible for a woman's pregnancy, isn't that part of the problem these days?

Doesn't the responsible party pay via child support?

but are forced to buy

i had one at age 50 it run about 700 bucks

paid out of pocket

i do 4 office visits a year

and 4 lab works (done at a different site)

and one daily medication

all together it costs me less then a thousand a year

the insurance quoted me runs 696 a month (8300 a year)

and guess what i still get to pay towards my office visits and labs

it is cheaper to pay the fine

That's fine so long as you don't get sick. The real purpose of insurance is for when you really get sick. Not everyone does. Almost all homeowners purchase health insurance even though very few people lose their homes.

I know routine healthcare doesn't cost that much if you are healthy. Mine runs about $1500 per year and I have cirrhosis of the liver but it is early stage and not progressing. I've had it for almost ten years now. I am highly unlikely to become seriously ill before I am old enough for Medicaid. I run twenty to twenty five miles per week. I'm in great shape. I just ran a 5k in under 22 minutes last week. I finally broke 22. BTW, I smoked for 30 years before quitting a couple of years ago. But again, I am now in great shape.

Here is the thing though. We just can't be certain who gets sick and who doesn't. There are no guarantees. My wife got sick over twelve years ago. She had leukemia. No reason why, but she drew the short straw. She battled it for ten months before losing the fight. Her medical bills for those ten months came to $1.3 million.

So yea, your yearly medical bills don't amount to much. But what happens if you are the one who draws the short straw? Who pays your medical bills if you don't have insurance? Is everyone else who does pay supposed to pick up the tab for you? I mean you are a conservative who believes the individual should be financially responsible, right?

Yea, that seems to work great. Ask all those single mothers how well that works.

Yea, that seems to work great. Ask all those single mothers how well that works.

They cannot, or will not, dunn the fathers? Tough shit. Why should anyone get fucked for the fucking they did not get?

Forum List

Back