Why Are So Many Prominent GOPers Running From Trump's VP List?

who wants to be vp?

everytime Donnie said something incredibly stupid you'd have to agree with him ... or live under a rock.

It's going to be Gingrich. He has nothing to lose and his ego is big enough to accept.

Or maybe Gingrich wants to go down in history as a patriot, win or lose. He does have an excellent grasp on American history, as he only writes best-selling books about it.
Only dumbed-down low-information Americans would ascribe it to ego........:oops-28:...........but, that be you!.........:laugh:.

He's a patriot because he once wrote a book fantasizing about the South winning the Civil War?

good one.

Newt is a horrible person with at best 30% approval from the American people.

The very fact that conservatives treat this toad as a god should tell you how unelectable he is.

If you actually read the links both Ernst and Corker had good things to say about Trump but both feel they are better served doing other things.
Meaning what exactly? You expected them to say anything LESS than "good things" about the current GOP Presidential nominee elect?

Read between the lines.

Take your own advice...you're trying to make something out of nothing. My guess is Trump has made his choice and they know it

When Lewandowski got fired he mentioned there were only 4 VP on Trump short list.
Today Trump announced he has 10 that includes 2 generals. What that tells you? I think you should apply.

Trump also had 4 positions on abortion in 4 days...

...I'll bet if pressed he could have had 10.

If Trump the alleged "GOP Savior" that so many Republicans like to claim he is, why are so many prominent, and by that I mean beloved Republican politico's RUNNING AWAY from this man's Vice Presidential list?

I mean just today you got...
Ernst all but withdraws from Trump veepstakes
&
Corker bows out of Trump VP search

Why is this?

Could it be that the GOP, in general, have already seen the writing on the walls and realize he's a sinking ship and COLOSSAL disaster as a candidate waiting to happen in November? Or is it something else?

Your thoughts....
Being Trump’s running mate would be a career-ending move.

It would also be embarrassing, humiliating, and degrading to be Trump’s VP candidate.

Those being considered are serious, significant elected officials – men and women who are responsible lawmakers and representatives of the people who elected them, life-long republicans who, although wrong on most of the issues, at least have some understanding of sound, responsible governance – unlike Trump.

To play the subordinate role to the likes of Trump – a bigot, upstart, and interloper – would again be embarrassing, humiliating, and degrading.

At this moment in time Jeb Bush as the nominee would probably be beating Hillary by 5 points,

and his short list of VP candidates would actually have some sane, normal people on it.

Remember when Pence effectively killed his presidential aspirations with his anti-gay bigotry??

You'll remember very well if Pence gets picked.

who wants to be vp?

everytime Donnie said something incredibly stupid you'd have to agree with him ... or live under a rock.

It's going to be Gingrich. He has nothing to lose and his ego is big enough to accept.

Or maybe Gingrich wants to go down in history as a patriot, win or lose. He does have an excellent grasp on American history, as he only writes best-selling books about it.
Only dumbed-down low-information Americans would ascribe it to ego........:oops-28:...........but, that be you!.........:laugh:.

I'd enjoy watching Newt debate Hillary, it would be a massacre, I'm not a huge Gingrich fan but the man is intelligent and knows his stuff

Since the VP candidate doesn't debate the presidential candidate, you'll be better off enjoying how fucking stupid you are.

You're soooo smart. You must've lived thru alot of elections.

who wants to be vp?

I'd enjoy watching Newt debate Hillary, it would be a massacre, I'm not a huge Gingrich fan but the man is intelligent and knows his stuff

Since the VP candidate doesn't debate the presidential candidate, you'll be better off enjoying how fucking stupid you are.

I never said they did, I said I'd enjoy a Newt/Lying corrupt hag debate, Dumb Deer

I saw a political talking head on FOX who i like actually say that the
best choice for Trumps VP is Ivanka Trump....
He was deadly serious and was able to give reasons for that choice....

At that point I said there is no way I would ever get involved in our political system again
if that happened...

funny.... I said today him naming ivanka as his vp isn't outside the realm of possible. not that it would help him any

She couldn't be. The president and VP can't be from the same state.

I don't recall that rule.

who wants to be vp?

I never said they did, I said I'd enjoy a Newt/Lying corrupt hag debate, Dumb Deer

Oh. You want to debate newtie?

The very fact that conservatives treat this toad as a god should tell you how unelectable he is.
newt is a progressive GOP'er.....

Newt is a disgraced hasbeen who at this point would love to be the VP candidate so he can sell some books and whatever else he's hawking.

Newt is a disgraced hasbeen who at this point would love to be the VP candidate so he can sell some books and whatever else he's hawking.
I put him right there with the fake Indian democrat.....

Forum List

Back