Why can't Obama compromise on the debt ceiling issue?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The media keeps blaming repubs for not raising the ceiling but if obozo would scale back a few welfare programs and agree to the present debt ceiling, we'd be back in business.

I think obozo wants the govt to fall apart so he can blame the collapse of obamacare on that.

Because he does not have to?

He knows the TPM have about 24 hours of life left before going on life support politically if they take the country over the debt ceiling cliff.

We the American electorate have permitted ourselves to be bullied by 30 to 35 crazy ass congress critters of the TPM.

If going over the cliff kills the TPM in Congress, then it will be worth it.

He knows the TPM have about 24 hours of life left before going on life support politically if they take the country over the debt ceiling cliff.

We the American electorate have permitted ourselves to be bullied by 30 to 35 crazy ass congress critters of the TPM.

Wow, there are 435 members of the House and you think 30-35 are controlling its direction?
(Nice use of the word "bully") NOT

You think they are not making Boehner their pull toy? You are either mentally feeble, woefully ignorant, or malignantly motivated. I suspect you are all three.

They're down to 21% job approval today. They're going to pull some ugly agreement at the last minute and hope that voters forget all this by next Fall. I hope we don't forget.

The media keeps blaming repubs for not raising the ceiling but if obozo would scale back a few welfare programs and agree to the present debt ceiling, we'd be back in business.

I think obozo wants the govt to fall apart so he can blame the collapse of obamacare on that.

What are the bargaining chips for each side?

Think.......then post.

You think they are not making Boehner their pull toy? You are either mentally feeble, woefully ignorant, or malignantly motivated. I suspect you are all three.

yep. Unfortunately, Boehner NEEDS them to get anything done. I suspect he's only humoring them to keep his job but, plunging the world into a recession by defaulting won't keep his job either.

Last edited:

Wow, there are 435 members of the House and you think 30-35 are controlling its direction?

Not all 435 are being controlled. Just Boehner and the leaders. It's all the teaparty needs.

Obama goes in front of the cameras which he loves so much and tells the world he will negotiate
anytime,anywhere,anyplace.

Then when it comes time to do such...
He says he won't negotiate.

Yes.

The tea party stupids are yelling at Boehner "DO AS WE SAY OR WE WON'T VOTE FOR YOU AS SPEAKER!!!!"

...and Boehner is like "Okay Sir, Mr Tea Party Caucus, Sir!"

Obama goes in front of the cameras which he loves so much and tells the world he will negotiate

You guys always forget the part about turning government back on first.

What have Republicans offered to compromise?

Changing your demands is not compromise. What are Republicans offering?

Actually, you seem to think 30-35 people are in control of 435 people, I don't.
If you were hanging out with 434 of your coworkers (all with equal authority and power), would you let 30-35 of them tell you what to do, how to behave?
Don't be ridiculous.

Because he doesn't actually care as long as the Republicans get blamed, and he's pretty sure the Republicans are the ones going to end up with the blame.

When two people shake on a deal, and then all they have to do is write and pass it, one of the two people is NOT allowed to torpedo the whole thing by writing in something pretty big without consulting with the other person first.

The Republicans overreached. The votes were already there to keep government open with sequester numbers both parties agreed to already. But then the Tea Party through in their Obamacare stuff and it has killed any deal ever since.

None of this has anything to do with President Obama or the Democrats. It has everything to do with Tea Partiers threatening to primary Republicans next year and Republicans being too afraid to stand up to them.

Republicans are the weak-kneed Democrats in this particular instance, while the Democrats have been waiting patiently to just vote on a Clean CR.

If only the republicans were al Qaeda or Taliban, he might negotiate with them.

Yes.

The tea party stupids are yelling at Boehner "DO AS WE SAY OR WE WON'T VOTE FOR YOU AS SPEAKER!!!!"

...and Boehner is like "Okay Sir, Mr Tea Party Caucus, Sir!"

Because all 30-35 of them can determine that. :cuckoo:

Actually, you seem to think 30-35 people are in control of 435 people, I don't.
If you were hanging out with 434 of your coworkers (all with equal authority and power), would you let 30-35 of them tell you what to do, how to behave?
Don't be ridiculous.

In post #2, Starkey claims it would be "worth it" to go over the cliff if it kills the TPM.

And you are telling him not to be ridiculous? :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back