Why can't public assistence decrease?

That is maybe a reasonable approach on Mars, but here, on planet earth, means testing marriages and pregnancies is not a viable option.

True. That's why the response should simply be that when these families,show up begging for handouts you tell them....

Sell a couple of your kids or get your wife out on the street corner, dude. Your problem, not ours.

Again, not an option in any sort of economically developed, civilized society.

The People reject that approach.

I'm very sorry, but you are too stupid to participate in this discussion.

right, that's what charities are for. Compassion for your fellow man-------give to charity. The govt will only screw it up and make it worse.

No. That's what Personal Responsibility is for. Do for yourself or don't expect to be given it by anyone.

right, that's what charities are for. Compassion for your fellow man-------give to charity. The govt will only screw it up and make it worse.

No. That's what Personal Responsibility is for. Do for yourself or don't expect to be given it by anyone.

I agree completely, but contributions to charities are voluntary, taxing to provide freebees is not voluntary. that's the difference, you can opt out of a charity, you cannot opt out of taxes.

Enjoy you time in hell, hater dupe. Could you be any more shortsighted and selfish. Perfect GOPer. Charities fail in hard times, every modern country needs gov't assistance for the unfortunate- usually victims of GOP policy and corrupt bubbles/busts/recessions/depressions...

And arrogant shortsighted RWers are the biggest whiners and leeches when you have misfortune...never change tho...

I agree completely, but contributions to charities are voluntary, taxing to provide freebees is not voluntary. that's the difference, you can opt out of a charity, you cannot opt out of taxes.
Charities are often scams and all run out of money in hard times. Only gov't works for assistance when the corrupt GOP wrecks the economy AGAIN.

I do my best to minimize both.

Me too, but that's not the point. If you feel like helping the "poor" like the earlier poster, then do it voluntarily.

But the truth about that poster and all liberals, is that they don't want to use their money to help the poor, they want the government to do it using someone else's money.

Liberals don't give a shit about the poor, this bullshit is only about taking more from successful people to punish them for being successful.

Enjoy you time in hell, hater dupe. Could you be any more shortsighted and selfish. Perfect GOPer. Charities fail in hard times, every modern country needs gov't assistance for the unfortunate- usually victims of GOP policy and corrupt bubbles/busts/recessions/depressions...

And arrogant shortsighted RWers are the biggest whiners and leeches when you have misfortune...never change tho...

I can honestly say I do not, have not, and will not take money from the Government or ANY charity. The moment I can no longer support or take care of myself there's a .45ACP with my initials on it.

Why can't our government take the few simple steps that would get citizens off of welfare and food stamps and back into the work force as productive members of society?

1 incentivize small business start ups with tax breaks
2 make job training and public service a prerequisite for receiving any form of govt assistance (able bodied only)
3 allow corporations to bring foreign profits back into the USA tax free if they reinvest them here
4 give tax credits for each new person hired - after 6 months of employment
5 reduce that corporate tax rate. Now the highest in the world

Do those 5 things and the number of people on public assistance would decrease significantly.
#4 would cause employers to fire their employees after 6 months.

Why can't our government take the few simple steps that would get citizens off of welfare and food stamps and back into the work force as productive members of society?

2 make job training and public service a prerequisite for receiving any form of govt assistance (able bodied only)
3 allow corporations to bring foreign profits back into the USA tax free if they reinvest them here

Do those 5 things and the number of people on public assistance would decrease significantly.

then make it a year. Good employees don't get fired, they get promoted.

then make it a year. Good employees don't get fired, they get promoted.
I worked for Ebay for 4 months. In season they hire over 1200 people to man their phones in the Melbourne Office. Off Season they use 80. Hard to be one of the 80. They don't have to pay unemployment because nobody stays employed longer than 4 months. Give them Tax credits they might extend that to 6 months before letting them go but only if the tax credits pay more than the unemployment costs.

Lots of businesses like that. Tax credits won't work if they have to pay unemployment once they release them after 6 months.

Here's an idea with a better chance of working. Simply end welfare, and if a unmarried woman gets pregnant and doesn't have the financial wherewithal to pay for the baby, then it should be taken away from her and put for adoption. Better for the baby, better for the mother, and better for society.

Here's an idea with a better chance of working. Simply end welfare, and if a unmarried woman gets pregnant and doesn't have the financial wherewithal to pay for the baby, then it should be taken away from her and put for adoption. Better for the baby, better for the mother, and better for society.

...so now you want to to take poor people's babies by force...I'd think even Nazi's would look down on you as amoral.

Because real world is not your right wing utopia where no one would need help if only we have the right policy.

Many people who work get government benefits because their pay is too low to be able to support a family. For example half of fast food industry employees receive government benefits. But ironically conservatives oppose the very policy that is sure to reduce these people's reliance on these benefits - increased minimum wage.

Also, for the most part training and/or looking for work is already a requirement for welfare assistance for non-disabled people.

And tax-free repatriation? A quick way to ensure most profits leave the country to comeback un-taxed.
Who expects to support a family on minimum wage?

They have no welfare system

Really? Japan. No welfare? And you've been there eh?

Welfare in Japan
Page issues
Social welfare, assistance for the ill or otherwise disabled and for the old, has long been provided in Japan by both the government and private companies. Beginning in the 1920s, the government enacted a series of welfare programs, based mainly on European models, to provide medical care and financial support. During the postwar period, a comprehensive system of social security was gradually established.[1][2] Government expenditures for all forms of social welfare increased from 6% of the national income in the early 1970s, to 18% in 1989. The mixture of public and private funding have created complex pension and insurance systems. But a much older tradition calls for support within the family and the local community.

You have Google? Learn to use it. Makes you look less stupid.

Forum List

Back