Why Compromise With Democrats?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Is the current leadership in Congress is turning the GOP into the Charlie Brown Party? Despite continual backstabbing by the Democrats, they seem committed to "bi-partisan" agreements that never come to fruition.

For example, they compromised with the Democrats on a bill which would allow a Congressional vote on the Iran Nuclear Deal (even though the Constitution requires 2/3 majority approval by the Senate). The Democrats then reneged on this agreement by staging a filibuster to prevent the promised vote in the Senate. As a result, the GOP was, once again, played for fools by their perfidious adversaries.

The only plausible explanation for this "roll over and play dead" strategy is the hope that the GOP can win the Presidency and keep control of Congress in 2016. If that happens, many of the Democrats' chickens may come home to roost, such as limiting (or eliminating) the filibuster rule. Is this strategy worth it?

Because in a two-party system there is no other choice. It's either that or get not a damned thing done, exactly what we have today.

Because in a two-party system there is no other choice. It's either that or get not a damned thing done, exactly what we have today.

I think you contradicted yourself. The GOP has been compromising, yet we still aren't getting "a damned thing done." Don't you really mean that they should just let the Democrats do anything they want? On second thought, that worked out pretty well for the GOP in 2010 and 2014...

I think you contradicted yourself. The GOP has been compromising, yet we still aren't getting "a damned thing done." Don't you really mean that they should just let the Democrats do anything they want? On second thought, that worked out pretty well for the GOP in 2010 and 2014...
absolute bull shit.
the shut down of the government and the threatened one are what you call compromise , if so I'd like to see what you call equality!

If they were compromising they'd be getting something done, which they're not.

Forum List

Back