Why did the BUSH SEC hold back the broker rules?

• Banned
You keep claiming you answered this question but wont tell me where to find your answer.

Here you go

Let me say this for the 10th goddamn time
I DONT KNOW I CANT FIND ANYTHING TO READ TO GIVE MY OPINION
try reading what I wrote ono your page
Jesus you really are fuckin dense
And I mean you put the d-e-n-s-e in dense

• Banned

you lying sack of dog dropping there is nothing on my site explaining why this happened.

• Banned
SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

This is what we are talking about.

Go get WHY it was done.

just saying I dont know is not an answer is it

You dont understand anything about what happened to this country under Bush you fool harley.

That is the point.

dont pretend you understand what caused this mess if you cant answer this question

you lying sack of dog dropping there is nothing on my site explaining why this happened.

Your site? You bought USMB?

Ruh oh. There goes the neighborhood.

do you know why I keep asking this question?

Becuase your right wing handlers dont even want you to know these facts let alone tell you HOW to answer it

see not one right wing clown can answer this question.

Beck and Lush never tell them what to say

Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

Go get WHY it was done.

Source: Press Release: SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers; 2007-190; Sept. 19, 2007

This removed a significant barrier which had been installed under Glass-Steagall. Citigroup took great advantage of the removal of such barriers.

And that cost all of us dearly.

But I made a serious killing when Citi's stock fell through the floor during the crash and the goverment made it clear it was not going to allow Citi to fall.

It was free money just lying in the street. Who could blame me?

Last edited:
This is why the right here hates me so much.

I ask the questions they cant answer

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190

Go get WHY it was done.

Source: Press Release: SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers; 2007-190; Sept. 19, 2007

This removed a significant barrier which had been installed under Glass-Steagall.

Nope,

The banks could not be brokers BEFORE gramm leach blialy act.

Then that law allowed banks to act as brokers and also put in place BROKER rules for them.

Then for 8 long years the Bush SEC kept the broker rules for the banks from taking effect meaning they had no oversite in the government to police their broker activities.

Forum List

Back