Why did "Trump" make a shameful peace?

I put the word "Trump" in quotation marks because I think that it is not within the authority of the executive to resolve such issues. Maybe in the American political system the president can decide something, but usually it is the parliament that does it, and the head of the executive branch only signs the papers.

But one way or another, this decision was made at that time, there must have been some motives, secret or overt. What was the motivation for this decision, which politicians lobbied for it and in whose interests?
Your talking about Trump and he has a need to show that he can do something.

What he did was negotiate with terrorists. He did not even include the afghan government in this agreement.

The agreement freed 5000 Taliban solders who were imprisoned without asking the afghan government. Once freed they could take up arms again.

By the time Biden came in more than 13,000 troops were sent home leaving 2500 to protect American interests.

Trumps final withdrawal was in Jan 2021 when he had lost the election. Instead of letting Biden handle the withdrawal he took it upon himself to withdraw more troops as the lame duck president.

Biden was then handed this and his only choice was the complete withdrawal or increase the troop level. He also agreed with the troop withdrawal plan.

in hindsight Biden or Trump should have increase the troop level until everyone who wanted to leave could leave.

Still this was Trumps plan to withdraw troops and left only 2500 to finish it up. This was purposely done by Trump as either he could take credit for it if it was successful or blame the new guy if it wasn't.

Obvious the plan was to withdraw troops but was there a plan to get the civilians out and those who had worked for the Americans?

Last edited:
This does not mean making decisions. There, most likely, it means that he can negotiate and put signatures on documents on behalf of the United States, this is a formality, like courier work

While the president will certainly listen to generals and advisors he has broad powers to conduct the nation's business abroad as he sees fit. In trade and diplomacy he has total authority.

I read fluently about the powers of the President of the United States, I do not see anything special there. It is even more constrained than in some European systems, for example, it coordinates the appointment of government officials with Congress.

While the president will certainly listen to generals and advisors he has broad powers to conduct the nation's business abroad as he sees fit. In trade and diplomacy he has total authority.
These are all empty words, in reality he decides nothing in politics.

This does not mean making decisions. There, most likely, it means that he can negotiate and put signatures on documents on behalf of the United States, this is a formality, like courier work
Take a look at the Iranian nuclear deal as an example. Or moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Too much for courier work, isn't it?

Take a look at the Iranian nuclear deal as an example. Or moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Too much for courier work, isn't it?

Trump didn't do much... and he never got anything in return.. So much for his skill as a negotiator.

Trump needed two headlines a week. He was president Shock Jock.

where is it written that the president made these decisions and did not go to put formal signatures, as usual?

Our constitution expressly grants the president the powers I have described.
You have not described anything definite.
Negotiation chatter and signatures mean nothing, any business representative does the same

I'm not from America.
I know that American democracy is different, that there are more local freedoms, real federalism.
But in general everywhere there is a trick to show the people the "King", and to pretend that he makes decisions, the executive branch, by definition, does not decide anything but executes decisions.

But the question is not who made the decision, but why they did it.
Our fucking do nothing congress allows it to happen. The spineless POS congress won't risk their jobs on making decisions.

Forum List

Back