Why did "Trump" make a shameful peace?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I put the word "Trump" in quotation marks because I think that it is not within the authority of the executive to resolve such issues. Maybe in the American political system the president can decide something, but usually it is the parliament that does it, and the head of the executive branch only signs the papers.

But one way or another, this decision was made at that time, there must have been some motives, secret or overt. What was the motivation for this decision, which politicians lobbied for it and in whose interests?

I put the word "Trump" in quotation marks because I think that it is not within the authority of the executive to resolve such issues. Maybe in the American political system the president can decide something, but usually it is the parliament that does it, and the head of the executive branch only signs the papers.

But one way or another, this decision was made at that time, there must have been some motives, secret or overt. What was the motivation for this decision, which politicians lobbied for it and in whose interests?
You are obviously not an American. You are asking for an entire course in US Civics.

• Banned
You are obviously not an American. You are asking for an entire course in US Civics.
I'm not from America.
I know that American democracy is different, that there are more local freedoms, real federalism.
But in general everywhere there is a trick to show the people the "King", and to pretend that he makes decisions, the executive branch, by definition, does not decide anything but executes decisions.

But the question is not who made the decision, but why they did it.

At the time Trump made his decision, his advisors were already telling him he couldn't win the upcoming election for President. Like Biden he did not like the fact that you have troops are still fighting a war in Afghanistan after 20 years. But unlike Biden, he sidestepped the people who were working on a little negotiation to get us out of there that included the Afghan government. Trump went to the Taliban and brokered a deal with just them, by doing so he basically said the Afghan government was not legitimate and not in power. Biden would have never done that. Trump obviously didn't care, like you didn't care about the Kurds, he just wanted immediate gratification, like a child, are saying he brokered a deal to get us out of there, not caring about the consequences of his actions, because he knew he wouldn't be there to suffer through with what he left US.

Peace is never shameful. Bending-over Biden is.

Why did "Trump" make a shameful peace?
For the same reasons he was a shameful ‘president.’

Ignorance, incompetence, and stupidity for the most part.

Trump is also a coward, which is why he failed to follow through with withdrawing troops from Afghanistan.

Afghanistan was another Bush/Trump mess President Biden is forced to clean up.

he/etc didn't make a shameful peace ..I see you have no links/etc

Trump is also a coward, which is why he failed to follow through with withdrawing troops from Afghanistan.

Biden can't clean up his bowel movements, let alone his own clusterfuck in Afghanistan.

you have Mr Trump confused with PUSS Bidumb...and Bidumb is a liar

In America the president has has almost total authority to command the military and conduct foreign policy.

rupol2000 The US President has far more power than you realize. Biden ignored the advice of his "parliament" and ordered a horribly premature withdrawal of forces so that he could look good on the 20th anniversary of the World Trade Center attack. That is inexcusable.

rupol2000 The US President has far more power than you realize. Biden ignored the advice of his "parliament" and ordered a horribly premature withdrawal of forces so that he could look good on the 20th anniversary of the World Trade Center attack. That is inexcusable.
:thankusmile:

Biden is a planet wide embarrassment.
:thankusmile::thup:

In America the president has has almost total authority to command the military and conduct foreign policy.
The operational command of the armed forces is within the powers of any executive branch, there is nothing special here, but I strongly doubt the powers to conduct foreign policy. Are you sure about this?

Trump showed his true colors as a coward, first in abandoning the Kurds, and again in abandoning the Afghans.

Actually, the World Trade Center was attacked by al-Qaeda, what does the Taliban have to do with it?

Actually, the World Trade Center was attacked by al-Qaeda, what does the Taliban have to do with it?
Actually Biden had already pushed back the date from Trump's original date, which would have occurred right at the beginning of Biden's presidency presidency. He knew the Taliban wouldn't go for another setback on the timeline. Why should they, Trump had given them everything.

The operational command of the armed forces is within the powers of any executive branch, there is nothing special here, but I strongly doubt the powers to conduct foreign policy. Are you sure about this?
Absolutely. The president has been given the sole authority to conduct diplomacy, negotiate trade deals and impose tariffs and sanctions.

Absolutely. The president has been given the sole authority to conduct diplomacy, negotiate trade deals and impose tariffs and sanctions.
This does not mean making decisions. There, most likely, it means that he can negotiate and put signatures on documents on behalf of the United States, this is a formality, like courier work

I'm not from America.
I know that American democracy is different, that there are more local freedoms, real federalism.
But in general everywhere there is a trick to show the people the "King", and to pretend that he makes decisions, the executive branch, by definition, does not decide anything but executes decisions.

But the question is not who made the decision, but why they did it.

Trump did it for a headline..

Forum List

Back