Afghanistan in 1970 vs 2021. See if you can spot the difference.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
afghanGirls.jpg
AfghanGIrlCrying.jpg

No words required.

..it's been a shithole for decades...the Taliban are celebrating --hahahahah --celebrating that they just got back their shithole = idiots

No, but context should be.

The first picture is an attempt by a firm to generate investment in Afghanistan by trying to portray it as "modern".

The second one is a representation as it always kind of has been.
You have demonstrated in two simple sentences you have no idea of the history of Afghanistan. Quit making a fool of yourself and do some reading for a change.

You have demonstrated in two simple sentences you have no idea of the history of Afghanistan. Quit making a fool of yourself and do some reading for a change.

I understand the history very well... like most of the Middle East, you had elites who wanted to be more like the west, a kind of cultural imperialism the rank and file rejected, which is why King Zahir, the Shah of Iran, and a bunch of other petty monarchs all lost their jobs, and a few of them ended up in front of firing squads.

We injected ourselves into a 40 year civil war, and got exactly the kind of response we got... because we never fucking learn.

Usually, if we think a petty despot is awesome, their people don't.

..it's been a shithole for decades...the Taliban are celebrating --hahahahah --celebrating that they just got back their shithole = idiots

Before the Afghan communists overthrew the monarchy they had cafes, movie theaters, rock and roll, mini skirts.. and a very high rate of literacy... international schools.

Have you ever been to the ME, North Africa, Afghanistan?

I understand the history very well... like most of the Middle East, you had elites who wanted to be more like the west, a kind of cultural imperialism the rank and file rejected, which is why King Zahir, the Shah of Iran, and a bunch of other petty monarchs all lost their jobs, and a few of them ended up in front of firing squads.

We injected ourselves into a 40 year civil war, and got exactly the kind of response we got... because we never fucking learn.

Usually, if we think a petty despot is awesome, their people don't.

The Shah was long overdue.. We should have paid attention to the student protest.. Iran didn't want MORE strict religion.

Before the Afghan communists overthrew the monarchy they had cafes, movie theaters, rock and roll, mini skirts.. and a very high rate of literacy... international schools.

yes--I have been to North Africa--HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh ..don't you look silly now--I've been ALL over the World--a lot more places than YOU:
Med
Europe
Tunisia
ALL OVER South America - TWICE
Caribbean
Central America [ including MANY miles in Honduras ...saw much of the country ]
..and 4 years in Hawaii!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

1. I used the word ''DECADES""" and still it's a shithole
2. so fk what if they had those things???!!!!
a. they had them, it doesn't mean it was NATION WIDE/nation wide culture
...those western ideas were NOT nation wide !!!!!!
b. they turned into a shithole
3. SSahara Africa is a shithole...MEast is just one step above that --

Last edited:

AND Tunisia is a shithole.....they're riding donkeys.....grass huts with camels.....their military were shitheads..don't try to compare it with the US--that's their culture/etc

The Shah was long overdue.. We should have paid attention to the student protest.. Iran didn't want MORE strict religion.

The problem was we put him back into power in 1953, and he proceeded to oppress any opposition except for the Ayatollahs.... So when the people got fed up with him, they Ayatollahs were the only authority that could step into the gap.

The problem was we put him back into power in 1953, and he proceeded to oppress any opposition except for the Ayatollahs.... So when the people got fed up with him, they Ayatollahs were the only authority that could step into the gap.

Yep.. The Shah was getting about 13% of Iran's oil revenues and the British wanted to keep it that way. Meanwhile, by 1950 Saudi Arabia and everyone else were getting 50% of oil revenues.

The Shah was basically a perfumed prince and a sell out.

AND Tunisia is a shithole.....they're riding donkeys.....grass huts with camels.....their military were shitheads..don't try to compare it with the US--that's their culture/etc

Americans need to leave other people alone.

yes--I have been to North Africa--HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh ..don't you look silly now--I've been ALL over the World--a lot more places than YOU:
Med
Europe
Tunisia
Caribbean

Me too. In fact, I lived in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Libya and Switzerland.

I ever said rural Afghanistan was "modern".

Med
Europe
Tunisia
Caribbean

1631704646453.jpeg

In Saudi Arabia there is a two tier system, where the lighter skin Arabs, get $70,000 a year of oil royalties, and the darker skin ones only get $30,000 a year. It is because the lighter skin arabs, think down on the darker skin because up till 1945 those people were still slaves. Arabs dont think much of people who are descendants of slaves, because they believe it is better to die fighting than submit to slavery...That used to be the way of the United States, but i am not sure of what the left does today.

1631707178628.png

In Saudi Arabia there is a two tier system, where the lighter skin Arabs, get $70,000 a year of oil royalties, and the darker skin ones only get $30,000 a year. It is because the lighter skin arabs, think down on the darker skin because up till 1945 those people were still slaves. Arabs dont think much of people who are descendants of slaves, because they believe it is better to die fighting than submit to slavery...That used to be the way of the United States, but i am not sure of what the left does today.

View attachment 539520

LOLOL.. You are about 60 years behind the times re: Arabia and most of that is wrong. Have you ever been there?.

Oh.. You were in the Navy? Cool. I haven't been to the Far East, but I have been to Europe MANY times.. to South America, the Caribbean ..

Spent a lot of time in France, Greece, Lebanon, Denmark and Holland although I didn't live in those countries.
negative negative--those are 'Gator ships [ amphibious ] -I am USMC
been on 4 ships in less than 4 years--more than some sailors...ship on the portside LPH USS Inchon, .....ship in the middle LST, been on 2 of those,.... and the starboard side is an LHA USS Nassau...on that off Colombia when POTUS Reagan went there
..all have been decommissioned/etc
..before that, 4 years in Hawaii !!! a ''dream come true'' duty station

Last edited:

Forum List

Back