Why did Yahoo shut down it's message boards?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I just found out they did it on april 1, 2013. Except for their finance and fantasy sports boards which i guess are privately managed.

Looks like more censorship from the wiboowals.

this-thread-is-stupid-gonna-go-drink-my-own-piss.jpg

• Banned
Appears all anyone has is namecalling which proves i was right. This is all about censorship from obozo.

I just found out they did it on april 1, 2013. Except for their finance and fantasy sports boards which i guess are privately managed.

Looks like more censorship from the wiboowals.

Other message boards are being shut down as well. There was a link here someone put up a while back that the USMB board is being shut down in August of this year I believe.

That would be a couple of months from now. It might be July. I cannot recall. Does anyone here know? - J.

I think there was one left. I remember some folks coming here several months ago and saying Yahoo boards closed.

It could also be the liability issue - if board owners were liable in lawsuits etc then yahoo would close it. If someone else other than the owners of boards closes it down - I'd wonder about it.

• Banned

It could also be the liability issue - if board owners were liable in lawsuits etc then yahoo would close it. If someone else other than the owners of boards closes it down - I'd wonder about it.

The govt pays people to go on message boards and make horrible accusations about other people and then the board sponsors decide to shut it down to avoid lawsuits.

The govt pays people to go on message boards and make horrible accusations about other people and then the board sponsors decide to shut it down to avoid lawsuits.

Thank you. I had no idea board sponsors were liable for the boards they sponsored. First time I've heard that. If that would cost them more than they are making then it is clearly not profitable for them to continue on. - J.

Forum List

Back