Why do average workers who make 2,135 times less than sport stars watch sports?

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
I make much less than any sports star, and they do not appeal to me, I chose not to pay $50+/month for TV service much less watch some over paid sports stars. That is not the case with many Americans who complain about taxes, about too much government, about not enough support for our men in uniform, about borders, about overpaid sport stars etc... AND, from what I understand, a lot of these people are paying for cable TV service AND watch sports, AND sometimes complain that sport stars make too much money. can someone explain the logic?

I make much less than any sports star, and they do not appeal to me, I chose not to pay $50+/month for TV service much less watch some over paid sports stars. That is not the case with many Americans who complain about taxes, about too much government, about not enough support for our men in uniform, about borders, about overpaid sport stars etc... AND, from what I understand, a lot of these people are paying for cable TV service AND watch sports, AND sometimes complain that sport stars make too much money. can someone explain the logic?

Since the launch of ESPN, this average has exploded by (insert some large and random number) percent!!!!!

What do you do for fun? Because I could just as easily say that whatever you like is a waste of time too.
I used to play Tetris battle until I got to level 100 then I quit cold. for fun I garden, hunt, fish, and most of all write and make political speeches. Now you may ask, why do I keep talking when no one listens? when most of my speeches never get more than 5 or 10 views. nobody cares about my stories. WHO is nobody? the masses? of people? - I bought a couple of fish one time, and few months later my aquarium was overloaded with masses of fish that they bred. I am not trying to reach out to the masses, I am only trying to reach out to intelligent life.

What do you do for fun? Because I could just as easily say that whatever you like is a waste of time too.
I think you are missing the point of what I was saying - many people complain that sports stars make too much money, and many of those same people watch those same sports stars. how can they relate to them, or idolize them, unless they want to be like them?

They do not understand the most basic of economics.

Let's take the all too common lament that a teacher doesn't even make so much as league minimum for a baseball player. How many people are there with education degrees, as compared to how many positions there are as a baseball pitcher? How many people can throw a ball that hard with that kind of accuracy?

Does that help any?

Forum List

Back