🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?

Shut it, ditto-head. No one here wants to "rig elections" you disingenuous, twit.

Both Parties want to rig Elections. Nothing new there. But Voter ID makes it harder for them to do it. Period, end of story.

Show me a "rigged election" that could have been prevented with a photo ID.[/QUOTE]

Already said it's not a perfect system. But that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

There is no logical reason to oppose RFID implants. The only reason to oppose it would be if you're trying to rig Elections or hide your identity. That's the reality. Period, end of story.

Fixed to reflect the slippery slope we seem to be making for ourselves.

There is no logical reason to oppose RFID implants. The only reason to oppose it would be if you're trying to rig Elections or hide your identity. That's the reality. Period, end of story.

Different issue.

Incorrect - you are laying the groundwork of "logic" that will be used to shove that separate issue down our throats.

I have no problem with poll workers requiring people they don't know to provide some kind of ID before voting. I do have a problem with one-size-fits all solutions, especially when those solutions will lead to even more threats to our freedom.

Different issue.

Incorrect - you are laying the groundwork of "logic" that will be used to shove that separate issue down our throats.

I have no problem with poll workers requiring people they don't know to provide some kind of ID before voting. I do have a problem with one-size-fits all solutions, especially when those solutions will lead to even more threats to our freedom.

I hear ya, but they really are separate and different issues. Requiring a valid form of ID when voting, is a reasonable requirement.

Different issue.

I hear ya, but they really are separate and different issues. Requiring a valid form of ID when voting, is a reasonable requirement.

Based on the ease that valid forms of ID can be forged, ID fraud is a problem, thus requiring us all to be chipped is a reasonable requirement as well.

See...they are not separate issues...they are sequential issues. If voter fraud is a problem that can only be corrected by showing ID, then ID fraud is also a problem that can only be corrected by some universal, allegedly fraud-proof solution like chipping.

On this issue, Pogo was correct.

Having a valid form of ID is a way of life. It's required in many facets of our lives. Opposing Voter ID doesn't make any sense. Unless you're trying to rig Elections.

It only makes sense if you can prevent an actual REAL problem.

If you are doing it just to do it, you are a dumb-ass who is wasting resources, better spent on something else.

There is no reason to fear Voter ID. Unless you're trying to rig Elections. Showing a valid form of ID is a common sense requirement. Just think about why you're required to show a valid form of ID in so many other aspects of your life. It is a reasonable requirement.
^^^^ Here you go, dummy.
Ok... :dunno:
Now answer the question:
Absent a state issued photo ID, how does the state verify that you are who you say you are when you show up to the poll to vote?
My 94 year old mom's name on her driver's license is Anita D. ( Lastname.) Her name on her voter registration card is Anita (Lastname.) That discrepancy, in Texas, is enough to require a waiver, or a provisional ballet, to vote. What nobody knows is that her actual legal first name is Lila, with Anita being her birth middle name. She successfully early voted yesterday (Republican,) but she dared not bring it up! In Texas, the driver's license and the voter registration must merely be made to agree, not necessarily be correct.

absentee voting is the largest form of fraud n the books, and that is very minimal

absent voters with absent voter ID cards ... absent problem solved.

Different issue.

Based on the ease that valid forms of ID can be forged, ID fraud is a problem, thus requiring us all to be chipped is a reasonable requirement as well.

See...they are not separate issues...they are sequential issues. If voter fraud is a problem that can only be corrected by showing ID, then ID fraud is also a problem that can only be corrected by some universal, allegedly fraud-proof solution like chipping.

Well, i'll respectfully disagree. I don't see it as a Slippery Slope. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Voter ID keeps em somewhat honest. But i'll admit it's not a perfect system.

Now answer the question:
Absent a state issued photo ID, how does the state verify that you are who you say you are when you show up to the poll to vote?
My 94 year old mom's name on her driver's license is Anita D. ( Lastname.) Her name on her voter registration card is Anita (Lastname.) That discrepancy, in Texas, is enough to require a waiver, or a provisional ballet, to vote. What nobody knows is that her actual legal first name is Lila, with Anita being her birth middle name. She successfully early voted yesterday (Republican,) but she dared not bring it up! In Texas, the driver's license and the voter registration must merely be made to agree, not necessarily be correct.
In a case like that, a provisional ballot is the correct course of action.
As for the name itself... sounds like the agency that issued the license (which was the likely instument of ID for the registration) did not do their job very well.

Still no objective, documented evidence from the right justifying voter ID laws, which comes as no surprise.
This was fully and soundly addressed by me. You'll have to look back.

Still no sound answer to the question:

Still no objective, documented evidence from the right justifying voter ID laws, which comes as no surprise.

Showing a valid form of ID is a way of life. And there are various reasons for that. If you do a little research, the reasons will become pretty clear. Voter ID is a reasonable and logical requirement.

This was addressedby me. You'll have to look back.

Still no sound answer to the question:

Fair question. I've asked it many times too. Not much feedback from the usual suspects though.

Showing a valid form of ID is a way of life. And there are various reasons for that. If you do a little research, the reasons will become pretty clear. Voter ID is a reasonable and logical requirement.

No, it's not. A requirement for something that is scarce isn't logical by any means.

Different issue.

Well, i'll respectfully disagree. I don't see it as a Slippery Slope. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Voter ID keeps em somewhat honest. But i'll admit it's not a perfect system.

I think voter ID is a solution looking for a problem (of all the places I have been in this country over 4 decades of voting, I have always had to give some kind of proof of who I was before voting, even if it was just recognition by a friend or neighbor working the polls). In the grand scheme of things, ID fraud is a MUCH bigger problem, and here we are, spraying down the slippery slope to implants with teflon spray in our zest to "fix" what has been proven to be a minor problem at best.

No, it's not. A requirement for something that is scarce isn't logical by any means.

Why do you think you're required to produce a valid form of ID in so many facets of your life? Think about that for a bit, and then get back to us.

It's like you are giving the implant fans the ammunition they are going to use against us. Hey, why don't we arm some "good" terrorists while we are at it...it won't come back to bite us in the ass, right?

Whoops, too late. :eek:

Forum List

Back