🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?

"Indeed, in a column for right-wing clearinghouse WorldNetDaily, longtime conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly acknowledged as much with a defense of North Carolina’s new voting law, which has been criticized for its restrictions on access, among other things. Here’s Schlafly:
“The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that ‘early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.’
“The Obama technocrats have developed an efficient system of identifying prospective Obama voters and then nagging them (some might say harassing them) until they actually vote. It may take several days to accomplish this, so early voting is an essential component of the Democrats’ get-out-the-vote campaign.”
She later adds that early voting “violates the spirit of the Constitution” and facilitates “illegal votes” that “cancel out the votes of honest Americans.” I’m not sure what she means by “illegal votes,” but it sounds an awful lot like voting by Democratic constituencies: students, low-income people, and minorities."

Why do you think you're required to produce a valid form of ID in so many facets of your life? Think about that for a bit, and then get back to us.
I already debunked your Apples and Oranges Fallacy, Mole. Why don't you get back to us when you can think critically.

He can't; an ID makes cheating harder -- END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

Uh yeah, you wingnuts haven't debunked anything. You haven't presented even a slightly coherent argument against ID requirements. But like i said, you and your fellow wingnuts can show your anger over ID requirements by simply refusing to provide it in the future. Let's see how that works out for ya. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Are you pro fraud? Then support Voter ID. Voter ID lulls the rubes into a false sense of security and still allows ugly darkies in Ohio to vote SIX TIMES for Obama.

If you want hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to be wasted so that money does not go to things which would actually stop fraud, support Voter ID.

Are you pro fraud? Then support Voter ID. Voter ID lulls the rubes into a false sense of security and still allows ugly darkies in Ohio to vote SIX TIMES for Obama.

If you want hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to be wasted so that money does not go to things which would actually stop fraud, support Voter ID.

Nah, requiring ID is completely reasonable and logical. It does make it tougher to rig Elections. But obviously there are other ways to rig Elections. So it can't stop all fraud. It isn't a perfect system, but it's a lot better than what you wingnuts want.

So like i said, go ahead protest the whole ID requirement thing. Just toss your ID's in the trash, and live without em. Let's see how it works out for ya. Keep us posted.

Still no objective, documented evidence from the right justifying voter ID laws, which comes as no surprise.

Showing a valid form of ID is a way of life. And there are various reasons for that. If you do a little research, the reasons will become pretty clear. Voter ID is a reasonable and logical requirement.

No, it's not. A requirement for something that is scarce isn't logical by any means.

Why do you think you're required to produce a valid form of ID in so many facets of your life? Think about that for a bit, and then get back to us.
Because most other facets of one's life are not Constitutionally protected rights.

That you and others on the right have such low regard for the fundamental right to vote is both sad and telling.

Why
I already debunked your Apples and Oranges Fallacy, Mole. Why don't you get back to us when you can think critically.

Uh yeah, you wingnuts haven't debunked anything. You haven't presented even a slightly coherent argument against ID requirements. But like i said, you and your fellow wingnuts can show your anger over ID requirements by simply refusing to provide it in the future. Let's see how that works out for ya. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

do you think you're required to produce a valid form of ID in so many facets of your life? Think about that for a bit, and then get back to us.

Whatever you say ... Pinhead.

An interesting dissection of what is really behind the Democrats obsession with voter ID's!

Lots of folks think Democrats oppose voter ID laws because they want to cheat and such laws interfere with their plans. That’s an attractive explanation, but it ignores the far more complex architecture of voter ID opposition. Here’s the real reasons Democrats oppose voter ID. Understanding these three reasons will help you decode the whole narrative behind voter ID. 1. Opposition to Voter ID Is a Base-Mobilization Tool. Simply, Democrats and civil rights groups spend millions of dollars opposing voter ID because they are trying to scare minority voters into thinking that Jim Crow is back. If Jim Crow is...

The PJ Tatler Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID
I agree V....the current Democrat Party is the most nasty, cynical group of hypocrites and liars seen in a long time. Not your granddaddy's Democrat Party.

Still no objective, documented evidence from the right justifying voter ID laws, which comes as no surprise.

Showing a valid form of ID is a way of life. And there are various reasons for that. If you do a little research, the reasons will become pretty clear. Voter ID is a reasonable and logical requirement.

No, it's not. A requirement for something that is scarce isn't logical by any means.

Because most other facets of one's life are not Constitutionally protected rights.

That you and others on the right have such low regard for the fundamental right to vote is both sad and telling.

Nah, we're just not gonna allow you douchebags to steal more Elections. I know you hate hearing that, but it is what it is. ID requirements are there for various reasons. And even you wingnuts know those reasons are completely reasonable and logical. But like i said, you're free to protest ID requirements. Just toss em in the trash and live without em. Let's see how it goes. Good luck with that.

Why

do you think you're required to produce a valid form of ID in so many facets of your life? Think about that for a bit, and then get back to us.

Whatever you say ... Pinhead.

Good luck with your protest. Make sure you keep us posted. :)

QED. The rubes have been lulled into a false sense of security with their Voter ID blankets. Voter fraud continues unabated.

Shhhhhh! Don't let the secret out! Now get out there and vote as many times as you wish. Voter ID won't stop you.

QED. The rubes have been lulled into a false sense of security with their Voter ID blankets. Voter fraud continues unabated.

Shhhhhh! Don't let the secret out! Now get out there and vote as many times as you wish. Voter ID won't stop you.

Right, because your wingnut solution is so enlightened and logical. No ID requirements will make things so much better. Uh huh, sure it will. :cuckoo:

Right, because your wingnut solution is so enlightened and logical. No ID requirements will make things so much better. Uh huh, sure it will. :cuckoo:

I noticed that you never once actually support your hypothesis with any kind of debate.

All we get are blanket statements of your position with no kind of explanation about the "how."

I noticed that you never once actually support your hypothesis with any kind of debate.

All we get are blanket statements of your position with no kind of explanation about the "how."

Yeah, let's have no ID requirements. Sure why not? That'll solve everything.

Sorry douchebags, we're not gonna let you steal anymore Elections. Deal with it.

[Bull. Very few votes are illegal. Where did you get that information?

How do you know that?

I could post the #'s reflecting the LACK of voter fraud every other time I post, the simpletons would still ask stupid questions.

As noted before, and noted several times, a lady with a mandatory voter ID card voted 6 times ... SIX, 6, six, 1 2 3 4 5 6 times. Get it children ?

Damn RW's are freakin' dumb.

Hello molehill, meet mountain. Hello RW brain, meet rock.

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.

3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.

Having a voter ID just says you are responsible. how much do they cost? not much. its not very much to ask to go out and get an ID, let the democrates have voter ID drives then. By telling someone they dont need to go out and get an ID your reinforcing apathy. Having an ID will be beneficial beyong voting purposes. Instead of fighting so hard to suppress voter ID, the damn dems should have been education their base on the virtue of being responsible citizens, I really cannot understand the logic of democrates on this one.... how in the hell are they capabale of enrolling their children in school if they cant get an ID themselves as an adult?

how much money have the Democrates wasted on this fight? they could have used that money to get people ID cards. Idiots

how much money have the Democrates wasted on this fight? they could have used that money to get people ID cards. Idiots

Translation = Democrats should just bend over EVERY time the R's want to be silly.

AN UNNECESSARY, EXPENSIVE, AND INTRUSIVE VOTER RESTRICTION IN A TIME OF FISCAL CRISIS
Across the country, Republican governors and legislators are pushing unnecessary and suppressive photo identification laws that would require all voters to produce a specific current government-issued photo ID before casting a ballot.Read the DNC Voting Rights Institute report on these proposals here:

The suppressive effects of these bills are well-documented: 11 percent of Americans—approximately 23 million citizens of voting age—lack proper photo ID and, as a result, could be turned away from the polls on Election Day. Those without photo ID are disproportionately low-income, disabled, minority, young, and older voters. Numerous non-partisan organizations have debunked claims of widespread voter fraud, the purported basis for these laws.

The Voting Rights Institute has studied the impact of photo ID laws using the actual costs incurred in Indiana and Georgia—the two states that have implemented photo ID laws—and considered the cost estimates from 17 states where photo ID laws were introduced this year.

In 2011, Republicans have advanced photo ID legislation in at least 35 states. The report concluded that if these 35 states enact a photo ID law, they collectively will spend at least $276 million, and possibly as much as $828 million, in the first four years alone. At a time when states are experiencing huge budget shortfalls, it would be an enormous waste to spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to disenfranchise voters.

[Bull. Very few votes are illegal. Where did you get that information?

How do you know that?

I could post the #'s reflecting the LACK of voter fraud every other time I post, the simpletons would still ask stupid questions.

As noted before, and noted several times, a lady with a mandatory voter ID card voted 6 times ... SIX, 6, six, 1 2 3 4 5 6 times. Get it children ?

Damn RW's are freakin' dumb.

Hello molehill, meet mountain. Hello RW brain, meet rock.

What's worse is that Pauly is now certain to repeat his same reply for the 100,000,000th time.

zzzZZZZZZzzzz

Forum List

Back