🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Do Democrats Oppose Voter ID?

You got an ID to drive a cab?

Absolutely ... one as well to drive a tractor trailer ... another for residential plumbing.

What the hell does it matter?

Thats awesome. And your obviously a responsibe person, so then why souldnt other people be as well?

Wasnt it a Democrat who said ' ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country? Having voting standards is not too much to ask. does the bar really have to be set that low? I just dont get it sorry

If it were needed, I would be all for it.

You and others, have failed to present enough cases of voter fraud to persuade me into changing my mind.

That would be millions of $ wasted.

Apparently you completely missed the context of my post.
Please go back and try again.
No thanks.
I am not all surprised that you have no interest in having any idea what you're talking about.
Stick to the subject matter or go bug someone else.
I did, You refused to respond with any degree of efficacy.
unlike you who simply refuses to respond, Mr. Absentee Answer Man.
You have yet to figure hot how your question has nothing to do with anything I said of anything I asked.
When you do, let me know.

OK.. I shall admit that you have no interest in effectively responding to what I said, and shall drop it.
:dunno:
You are not addressing this thread in any way, quit the spamming already!
Ask me a question about VOTER ID, for the love of CRACK ALMIGHTY.
Without requiring a state-issued ID to vote, how does the state verify that the person who shows up to the poll is who he says he is?

Signature, same thing they do with an "ID card."

Also, your state ID pops up when you register as seen by the voting judge.

I posted the links the first time you asked.

OK.. I shall admit that you have no interest in effectively responding to what I said, and shall drop it.
Without requiring a state-issued ID to vote, how does the state verify that the person who shows up to the poll is who he says he is?
You believe that a -signature- verifies that the person is who he says he is?
Really?
:lol:

Really?

That's how It's done. If you don't think that it's a good idea, fine.

... But THAT'S HOW THEY FUCKING DO IT!

Really?
And thus, you demonstrate the need for a state-issued ID for voting.
:clap:

Really?

and thus the RW refuse to prove voter ID cards STOP voter fraud ..

here's your opportunity to ignore another question ...

Name ONE PROVEN case ON FILE where a voter ID card STOPPED voter fraud.

Really?
You clearly don't have the capacity or the desire to have this conversation honestly and meaningfully.

Really?
You clearly don't have the capacity or the desire to have this conversation honestly and meaningfully.

How many people have been charged with voter fraud in the past 10 years?

1) I think that forcing people to produce a picture ID will NOT eliminate voter fraud or even curtail it.

2) It will mostly serve to reduce the amount of voters who would normally vote democrat, thus giving me great pause as to the actual motivations central to this issue.

3) I believe that most dems have taken up this issue because they understand that it is being used as a tool by the right to shrink the dem voter base.

Having a voter ID just says you are responsible. how much do they cost? not much. its not very much to ask to go out and get an ID, let the democrates have voter ID drives then. By telling someone they dont need to go out and get an ID your reinforcing apathy. Having an ID will be beneficial beyong voting purposes. Instead of fighting so hard to suppress voter ID, the damn dems should have been education their base on the virtue of being responsible citizens, I really cannot understand the logic of democrates on this one.... how in the hell are they capabale of enrolling their children in school if they cant get an ID themselves as an adult?

Lets think about that a minute. Voting is our most cherished and valuable right guaranteed to us by the constitution, but you say it's no big deal to require someone to go out and do the paperwork to prove you are entitled. Why don't you think it would be a good idea to have the same requirements to have a gun which is a less valuable right that we have. Do you think all the same things you say about the ease and necessity of getting an ID apply to gun ownership?

How do you know what I think about gun laws? I do think its a great idea to have to show an ID when you purchase a firearm. Yes, voting is a valuable thing
, people should value it enough to think its worth getting an ID card. A person has all year to get a card, why are they going to wait until the last minute? If they dont know there is an election comming up what are they voting for? If you dont need an ID, then any one can lie and go vote wether they are a citizen or not. If its a valuable right for citizens then protect it
Righties are mixed up on guns and voting. They're for disenfranchising felons from voting, yet support giving their guns back to them!

Really?

here's your opportunity to ignore another question ...

Name ONE PROVEN case ON FILE where a voter ID card STOPPED voter fraud.
They can't even stop Ann Coulter from voting fraudulently!

Yeah, let's have no ID requirements. Sure why not? That'll solve everything.

Sorry douchebags, we're not gonna let you steal anymore Elections. Deal with it.

You aren't going to let US steal anymore elections?

Could you specifically point to any of these "stolen elections?"

Deal with what??? Another four more years of a Dem in the White house?

I hope you guys get your way ... and still get hammered at the polls!

I cannot wait for the ensuing whine-fest, certain to sprout up.

Whatever, just make sure you provide your ID. We're not gonna help make rigging Elections easier for you. Just quit ya bitchin and flash that ID. Capisce.

I don't answer loaded questions, furthermore, you are inventing my actual opinion on the matter.

Don't have an answer to that one huh? Why don't you check with rush or Hannity and see what they say you should think.?

I'm 52.

I have an IQ of 136.

I speak four languages.

I write for a newspaper.

I have a big mouth? I don't go around insulting people who don't agree with me; I respectfully agree to disagree. Try it some time.

Write.

Published?

Excellent!

Knew you had the talent!!

Yeah sure, neither party wants to rig Elections. God, are you for real? Or are you just a naive duped youngster? Because i can excuse your ignorance if your just an average big mouth youngster. I'm compassionate like that.

I'm 52.

I have an IQ of 136.

I speak four languages.

I write for a newspaper.

I have a big mouth? I don't go around insulting people who don't agree with me; I respectfully agree to disagree. Try it some time.
Always suspected you were Clark Kent. Next thing you know, Aaronleland will turn out to be Hugh Hefner.

It's futile.

There's going to be election fraud so long as there are Democrats.

Voter ID might make them work a little harder and that does seem to be problematic for all but the most dedicated so, perhaps, not an entirely bad thing.

Information on an academic study which shows that illegal voting by non-citizens does indeed swing elections....and enabled ObamaCare among other legislative and executive branch atrocities.

I’ve got access to the article, “Do Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. Elections?”, by Jesse T. Richman and Gulshan A. Chattha of Old Dominion University and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.
The conclusion of the abstract alone ought to set off alarm bells:

We find that some non-citizens participate in U.S. elections, and that this participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and Congressional elections. Non-citizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress.

Using data from the Cooperate Congressional Election Study, which sampled 32,000 voters in 2008 and over 50,000 voters in 2010, the authors conclude that as many as 14 percent of non-citizens—potentially as high as 2.8 million—are registered to vote. The authors conclude that a mid-point estimate of 1.2 million non-citizens cast votes in 2008:

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

The authors think that non-citizen votes not only tipped the 2008 Minnesota senate race to Al Franken, but also tipped North Carolina’s presidential vote that year:

[T]he analysis suggests that non-citizens’ votes have changed significant election outcomes including the assignment of North Carolina’s 2008 electoral votes, and the pivotal Minnesota Senate victory of Democrat Al Franken in 2008.

An important caveat is that a voter ID requirement is not necessarily a barrier to non-citizen voting. Many non-citizen voters in this sample had IDs and were able to cast votes. But in some cases an ID requirement did prevent illegal votes:

In 2008 14 respondents indicated that they did not vote because “I did not have the correct form of identification,” and in 2010 29 indicated that they did not vote because of the absence of necessary identification.

Nonetheless, identification requirements blocked ballot access for only a small portion of non-citizens. Of the 27 non-citizens who indicated that they were “asked to show picture identification, such as a driver’s license, at the polling place or election office,” in the 2008 survey, 18 claimed to have subsequently voted, and one more indicated that they were “allowed to vote using a provisional ballot.”

So how do we know these non-citizen votes redounded to the benefit of Democrats and not Republicans? This is easy: if Democrats really think the effect of non-citizen voting makes no partisan difference, then why do they put up such a fuss at every proposal for assuring voter integrity? QED....​

Yeah, Non-Citizens voting will have to be monitored very closely on Election Day and after. The Democrats will bus in as many as possible. Just like they do with Felons and so on.

Information on an academic study which shows that illegal voting by non-citizens does indeed swing elections....and enabled ObamaCare among other legislative and executive branch atrocities.

I’ve got access to the article, “Do Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. Elections?”, by Jesse T. Richman and Gulshan A. Chattha of Old Dominion University and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.
The conclusion of the abstract alone ought to set off alarm bells:

We find that some non-citizens participate in U.S. elections, and that this participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and Congressional elections. Non-citizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress.

Using data from the Cooperate Congressional Election Study, which sampled 32,000 voters in 2008 and over 50,000 voters in 2010, the authors conclude that as many as 14 percent of non-citizens—potentially as high as 2.8 million—are registered to vote. The authors conclude that a mid-point estimate of 1.2 million non-citizens cast votes in 2008:

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

The authors think that non-citizen votes not only tipped the 2008 Minnesota senate race to Al Franken, but also tipped North Carolina’s presidential vote that year:

[T]he analysis suggests that non-citizens’ votes have changed significant election outcomes including the assignment of North Carolina’s 2008 electoral votes, and the pivotal Minnesota Senate victory of Democrat Al Franken in 2008.

An important caveat is that a voter ID requirement is not necessarily a barrier to non-citizen voting. Many non-citizen voters in this sample had IDs and were able to cast votes. But in some cases an ID requirement did prevent illegal votes:

In 2008 14 respondents indicated that they did not vote because “I did not have the correct form of identification,” and in 2010 29 indicated that they did not vote because of the absence of necessary identification.

Nonetheless, identification requirements blocked ballot access for only a small portion of non-citizens. Of the 27 non-citizens who indicated that they were “asked to show picture identification, such as a driver’s license, at the polling place or election office,” in the 2008 survey, 18 claimed to have subsequently voted, and one more indicated that they were “allowed to vote using a provisional ballot.”

So how do we know these non-citizen votes redounded to the benefit of Democrats and not Republicans? This is easy: if Democrats really think the effect of non-citizen voting makes no partisan difference, then why do they put up such a fuss at every proposal for assuring voter integrity? QED....

How Many Elections Will Democrats Steal Next Week Power Line

This is an estimation by right wing partisans, not a university study, as implied by the article.

Forum List

Back