Why do European criminals prefer fully automatic rifles, the Amsterdam edition.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Can any of you anti gunners out there tell me what the gun laws of Amsterdam are?

Do they allow normal citizens to buy fully automatic weapons.....?

The reason I ask is that the immigrant gangs in Amsterdam seem to prefer fully automatic weapons...while American criminals seem to prefer hand guns...is this simply a cultural difference? Are the European criminals just less experienced in gun crime...since hand guns achieve the same end but are easier to actually carry and conceal...

Amsterdam crime rate drops, despite gang wars - DutchNews.nl

Murders

There were 25 murders in Amsterdam last year, of which 10 were gang-related. Two-thirds of the violent deaths were solved but the gang violence is more difficult to crack, Van der Laan said.

In the last six months of 2014, police seized 31 automatic weapons in the city, including 23 kalashnikov rifles.

The killers themselves are different to years ago, Aalbersberg said. ‘In the early 1990s, hit men would come in from abroad, but now the suspects are more likely to come from the city. They swap burglary for murder,’ he said. 33 Share Share Share Tweet Share

Hmmmm....interesting...they would have you believe that the crime rate has dropped...for some crimes...but look at the murder rate...

Murders There were 25 murders in Amsterdam last year, (2104) of which 10 were gang-related.

But...how many murders were there in Amsterdam....in a prior year....

Murder rate drops slightly - DutchNews.nl

In 2009, there were 178 murders. Most murders – 16 – took place in Amsterdam, the same as in 2010.

I don't know about Amsterdam's gun laws, but there are only two purposes for full auto firearms. One is when you are being rushed by a large number of adversaries -- such as a Banzai charge or the equivalent. The other is because you're a poor shot and need to spray a target in the hope of hitting it.

Apart from that, full auto weapons waste a lot of ammo, they require carrying large amounts of ammo, they require frequent cleaning and lubing because they are subject to fouling and jamming.

A city of 850K (big but not massive) with very strict gun laws.... had 25 FULL AUTO AK47s seized in one year? That would be a lot of full auto AKs in a huge no gun law city.

What's up wit dat libs?

A city of 850K (big but not massive) with very strict gun laws.... had 25 FULL AUTO AK47s seized in one year? That would be a lot of full auto AKs in a huge no gun law city.

What's up wit dat libs?
I believe the answer to that is smuggling, which would be expanded here if the anti-gun faction gets its wish. The same situation as exists with recreational drugs will exist with guns, including those with full-auto capability.

Prohibit something and a black market will quickly emerge.

Can any of you anti gunners out there tell me what the gun laws of Amsterdam are?

Do they allow normal citizens to buy fully automatic weapons.....?

The reason I ask is that the immigrant gangs in Amsterdam seem to prefer fully automatic weapons...while American criminals seem to prefer hand guns...is this simply a cultural difference? Are the European criminals just less experienced in gun crime...since hand guns achieve the same end but are easier to actually carry and conceal...

Murders

There were 25 murders in Amsterdam last year, of which 10 were gang-related. Two-thirds of the violent deaths were solved but the gang violence is more difficult to crack, Van der Laan said.

In the last six months of 2014, police seized 31 automatic weapons in the city, including 23 kalashnikov rifles.

The killers themselves are different to years ago, Aalbersberg said. ‘In the early 1990s, hit men would come in from abroad, but now the suspects are more likely to come from the city. They swap burglary for murder,’ he said. 33 Share Share Share Tweet Share
25 murders in Amsterdam last year?! Holy shit if only America could be so lucky.

Forum List

Back