Why do people hate Liberals?

Modern liberalism is the opposite of classical liberalism. You sort of have to qualify which you are talking about.

Is that the lie you have to tell yourself?

Ok... how is that a lie? Are you addressing me or Wake?

Is wake a classical liberal or a modern liberal? Can either of you compare and contrast the two?

Liberal is liberal....I was talking to you. You try to hide your progressive tendencies in word games like all liberals. I find libertarians are just liberals who lie to themselves.

Modern liberalism is the opposite of classical liberalism. You sort of have to qualify which you are talking about.

As a liberal, the biggest problem I have with conservatives is how unbelievable fucking stupid you people are. Conservatism is based on pure emotion. FEAR and HATE. It is crucial to conservatism that the people must literally love the order that dominates them.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans.
Will Rogers

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

>>> As a liberal, the biggest problem I have with conservatives is how unbelievable fucking stupid you people are.

I would take you on in any intellectual challenge any day any time, name the time and place.

>>> Q: What is conservatism?
>>> A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Democrat leaders are the aristocracy, conservatives are primarily composed of the successful family groups. Conservatives are for independence from the aristocracy. The opposite of your answer you turd.

>>> Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
>>> A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

Conservatism "is a political and social philosophy that promotes retaining traditional social institutions. A person who follows the philosophies of conservatism is referred to as a traditionalist or conservative." (wiki) In our case tradition is American Tradition, more particularly liberty and justice as specified through our Constitution and federalist papers. By your statements you are saying America was created as a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that was founded on deception and had no place in the modern world. You are an Anti-American scum bag.

Robert Altmeyer is just a scum bag leftist Canadian professor. Why cite that dirt bag?

There are different beliefs within liberalism. But ALL forms of liberalism are the antithesis of conservatism. Conservatism has been the root cause of ALL human problems, and ALL forms of authoritarianism. Liberalism is an antonym of authoritarianism.

Pick the topic and I will even let you go first.

Be careful with nesting quotes RKM. You are attributing a comment to Thanatos that Bfgn made there. See here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/7601644-post1697.html

Thanttos KNOWs the difference between classical liberal and a modern American liberal. Bfgn and others refuse to differentiate and he attributes the definition of modern American liberal as being conservative, i.e. authoritarian government. There has never been a more authoritarian government in the history of this country than Barack Obama's and he is no modern conservative.

Yeah thantos replied to me asking if that was the lie I had to tell myself. I figured he was jumping in to defend.. Not skipping my post to agree with my post... sigh... edited my post to see which it was.

Bush Jr. was also authoritarian... I don't think we've had a classical libertarian government for a very very long time. Reagan turned it around a bit but that was only on the economy side... on the defense side Reagan was a bit of a war hawk, but no where near as much as Bush Jr. I expect modern democrats to be authoritarian. Anyone who would enslave tens of millions of people in welfare is a scum bag authoritarian of the worst kind.

You are correct that we haven't had a classical liberal government in a very long time. Reagan had a good understanding of free market principles re the economy and did some very good things there. And he was a classical liberal in the sense that he understood the possibilities within the human spirit that was able to be free and he understood that government would never be a substitute for getting govrenment out of the way and just allowing the people to do what they do best.

I think he might have done more with say a reformer Congress as we had in 1995 through 2000. He would like have been able to undo a lot of damage that has been done, but it was not to be. We haven't had a classical liberal government since Teddy Roosevelt. He turned the Constitution on its head to give government unlimited power and started a snowball more and more meddling and authoritarian government rolling that has accelerating and picking up size and mass ever sense.

The modern economy and eroding liberties we are suffering through is the legacy of all that and will only get worse unless we the people demand a return to the Founding principles and concepts.

Last edited:
We live in a republic not a democracy

Thank you for parroting the dogma and ignorance you've been programed to mimic.

Are you truly this ignorant of your own country?

I am not ignorant of my own country. America is a democratic society, our form of GOVERNMENT is a representative republic.

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

Thank you for parroting the dogma and ignorance you've been programed to mimic.

I am not ignorant of my own country. America is a democratic society, our form of GOVERNMENT is a representative republic.

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

Educate yourself cause you are far to ignorant of any facts .

As a liberal, the biggest problem I have with conservatives is how unbelievable fucking stupid you people are. Conservatism is based on pure emotion. FEAR and HATE. It is crucial to conservatism that the people must literally love the order that dominates them.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans.
Will Rogers

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

>>> As a liberal, the biggest problem I have with conservatives is how unbelievable fucking stupid you people are.

I would take you on in any intellectual challenge any day any time, name the time and place.

Democrat leaders are the aristocracy, conservatives are primarily composed of the successful family groups. Conservatives are for independence from the aristocracy. The opposite of your answer you turd.

>>> A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

Conservatism "is a political and social philosophy that promotes retaining traditional social institutions. A person who follows the philosophies of conservatism is referred to as a traditionalist or conservative." (wiki) In our case tradition is American Tradition, more particularly liberty and justice as specified through our Constitution and federalist papers. By your statements you are saying America was created as a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that was founded on deception and had no place in the modern world. You are an Anti-American scum bag.

Robert Altmeyer is just a scum bag leftist Canadian professor. Why cite that dirt bag?

There are different beliefs within liberalism. But ALL forms of liberalism are the antithesis of conservatism. Conservatism has been the root cause of ALL human problems, and ALL forms of authoritarianism. Liberalism is an antonym of authoritarianism.

Any strategy game or IQ test, you pick. Or we could compare actual documented accomplishments.

I just gave you the 'facts'. And the fact you right wing turds HATE the word democracy, HATE the whole concept of democracy, equality and liberty UNLESS you can add a disclaimer or restriction is PROOF conservatives are not liberal in ANY way, shape or form.

And although our form of government is a representative republic, the way we ELECT those representatives is PURE democracy.

Classical liberals assume a natural equality of humans; conservatives assume a natural hierarchy.
James M. Buchanan

Be careful with nesting quotes RKM. You are attributing a comment to Thanatos that Bfgn made there. See here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/7601644-post1697.html

Thanttos KNOWs the difference between classical liberal and a modern American liberal. Bfgn and others refuse to differentiate and he attributes the definition of modern American liberal as being conservative, i.e. authoritarian government. There has never been a more authoritarian government in the history of this country than Barack Obama's and he is no modern conservative.

Yeah thantos replied to me asking if that was the lie I had to tell myself. I figured he was jumping in to defend.. Not skipping my post to agree with my post... sigh... edited my post to see which it was.

Bush Jr. was also authoritarian... I don't think we've had a classical libertarian government for a very very long time. Reagan turned it around a bit but that was only on the economy side... on the defense side Reagan was a bit of a war hawk, but no where near as much as Bush Jr. I expect modern democrats to be authoritarian. Anyone who would enslave tens of millions of people in welfare is a scum bag authoritarian of the worst kind.

You are correct that we haven't had a classical liberal government in a very long time. Reagan had a good understanding of free market principles re the economy and did some very good things there. And he was a classical liberal in the sense that he understood the possibilities within the human spirit that was able to be free and he understood that government would never be a substitute for getting govrenment out of the way and just allowing the people to do what they do best.

I think he might have done more with say a reformer Congress as we had in 1995 through 2000. He would like have been able to undo a lot of damage that has been done, but it was not to be. We haven't had a classical liberal government since Teddy Roosevelt. He turned the Constitution on its head to give government unlimited power and started a snowball more and more meddling and authoritarian government rolling that has accelerating and picking up size and mass ever sense.

The modern economy and eroding liberties we are suffering through is the legacy of all that and will only get worse unless we the people demand a return to the Founding principles and concepts.

:iagree:

Any strategy game or IQ test, you pick. Or we could compare actual documented accomplishments.

SO, you don't want to actually debate, you want to see who can beat their chest harder and faster.

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

"Truth will do well enough if left to shift for herself. She seldom has received much aid from the power of great men to whom she is rarely known & seldom welcome. She has no need of force to procure entrance into the minds of men. Error indeed has often prevailed by the assistance of power or force. Truth is the proper & sufficient antagonist to error.
Thomas Jefferson - Notes on Religion (October 1776), published in The Writings of Thomas Jefferson : 1816–1826 (1899) edited by Paul Leicester Ford, v. 2, p. 102.

Is that the lie you have to tell yourself?

Is wake a classical liberal or a modern liberal? Can either of you compare and contrast the two?

Liberal is liberal....I was talking to you. You try to hide your progressive tendencies in word games like all liberals. I find libertarians are just liberals who lie to themselves.
See fox? I was right the first time.

I just gave you the 'facts'. And the fact you right wing turds HATE the word democracy, HATE the whole concept of democracy, equality and liberty UNLESS you can add a disclaimer or restriction is PROOF conservatives are not liberal in ANY way, shape or form.

And although our form of government is a representative republic, the way we ELECT those representatives is PURE democracy.

Classical liberals assume a natural equality of humans; conservatives assume a natural hierarchy.
James M. Buchanan
I am not a liberal classic or otherwise smartass. You on the other hand are so ignorant you dont even know your countries form of gpovernment.

SO, you don't want to actually debate, you want to see who can beat their chest harder and faster.

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

"Truth will do well enough if left to shift for herself. She seldom has received much aid from the power of great men to whom she is rarely known & seldom welcome. She has no need of force to procure entrance into the minds of men. Error indeed has often prevailed by the assistance of power or force. Truth is the proper & sufficient antagonist to error.
Thomas Jefferson - Notes on Religion (October 1776), published in The Writings of Thomas Jefferson : 1816–1826 (1899) edited by Paul Leicester Ford, v. 2, p. 102.

You said... "[a]s a liberal, the biggest problem I have with conservatives is how unbelievable fucking stupid you people are."

If you meant conservatives can't debate modern liberal idiots you should have said that.

About what that you need to lie to yourself to make excuses for your liberal view points like drugs and abortion?

About what that you need to lie to yourself to make excuses for your liberal view points like drugs and abortion?

Fox was defending you saying you knew the difference between modern and classical liberal. Then you said there is no difference.

I have not expressed my views on drugs or abortion. What do you think they are?

Fox was defending you saying you knew the difference between modern and classical liberal. Then you said there is no difference.

I have not expressed my views on drugs or abortion. What do you think they are?[/QUOTEs]

I know the difference the result is the same. The only liberals that did good were the founders and all after them are scumbags

I know the difference the result is the same. The only liberals that did good were the founders and all after them are scumbags

That's right Thantos no American since the founders has done any good and everyone but YOU is a scumbag.

That's right Thantos no American since the founders has done any good and everyone but YOU is a scumbag.

Never said that ether but no liberal has done good in this country. Republicans have.... Hell the occasional democrat has as well... But no liberal has done good for this country since its founding.

The quote function is malfunctioning like crazy this morning, but I have to protest a bit that all after the Founders are scumbags. I know you know the difference between the liberalism of the Founders and what passes for modern American liberalism now and how they are polar opposites.

But I won't say that all who followed the Founders were 'scumbags' because the Founders concepts and principles--you know those concepts and principles that pretty much nobody on this thread are willing to identify and discuss?. . . .

. . .anyhow they worked pretty darn well for more than 150 years until the modern day liberalism introduced by Teddy Roosevelt gained sufficient momentum that it all started falling apart. The falling apart was so gradual at the beginning most folks didn't even notice. Now it is a massive speeding freight train that threatens to swallow us all up whole.

And nobody wants to see that or admit it.

Forum List

Back