Why does Obama need Hollywood to "pitch" something EVERYONE WANTS??

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Obama asks Hollywood celebrities to help pitch ObamaCare enrollment
Obama asks Hollywood celebrities to help pitch ObamaCare enrollment - The Hill's Healthwatch

This just seems to refute common sense!

I thought Obamacare was what EVERYONE wants. So WHY is there a need to "pitch" it by these B list hollywood tarnished stars?

I mean this is to insure EVERYONE.. Even though right now 331 million Americans are covered in some fashion!
"About 60 percent of everyone under 65 is covered....a large-group or small-group
About 22 percent of people under 65 are with a government program,
about 7 percent....individual market...."
PolitiFact | AFP ad says premiums will rise under Obamacare

Now that adds up to if my simple arithmetic is correct, 89% Right?

Medicare states in the below on Page 8..
"In 2011, Medicare covered 40.4 million aged 65 and older," which is 12.7% of current
known USA population below.
http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/downloads/tr2012.pdf

When you multiple 89% (YOUR percent of people covered without Medicare...) times 316,295,540 people
You get 281,503,030 people covered under everything ......BUT Medicare and Tricare.
source:Population Clock

Now Politifact.org et.al. seem to forget the military and their families in their numbers!
"And pending upon their status, active duty members, retired members, members of the Guard/Reserves, family members, and certain veterans receive free or government subsidized medical and dental care. For the most part, this care falls under an overall program known as "Tricare." While the Tricare system may appear to be complicated at first glance, it's really not all that hard to understand.

8,300,000 covered by Tricare which is the Department of Defenses health insurance for military personal and their families. TriCare Information - Military Health Care

Adding the above 89% stated above to the Medicare/Tricare, you get 332,469,830 people covered by some form of insurance!

Lordy, lordy. At present, with my wife's health problems, I cannot afford to retire. Simply could not afford health insurance for her. After 2014, according the Kaiser, that health insurance I cannot afford at present becomes completely affordable under the ACA.

Your bullshit is completely that, bullshit. There are many people in my situation, and the ACA will be a lifesaver for some of them.

It's a ObamaNation now, where the 1%ers now rule...so why wouldn't he go to Hollywood for help to sell you his BS...they are trained in it after all...

and the left has no problems with the WEALTHY there...some of the greediest and ungrateful people in the country

Last edited:

Forum List

Back