Zone1 To Those Who Have Ears - LET THEM HEAR! Knock and It Will Be Given To You - The REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST HAS BEEN FULFILLED.

Stolen from Moses teachings and others. You are full of nonsense.

Lol. Moses is probably a literary device. The stories are much older than Moses.

Melchizedek is an old Canaanite name meaning “My King Is [the god] Sedek” or “My King Is Righteousness” (the meaning of the similar Hebrew cognate). Salem, of which he is said to be king, is very probably Jerusalem. Psalm 76:2 refers to Salem in a way that implies that it is synonymous with Jerusalem, and the reference in Genesis 14:17 to “the King’s Valley” further confirms this identification. The god whom Melchizedek serves as priest is “El ʿElyon,” again a name of Canaanite origin, probably designating the high god of their pantheon. (Later, the Hebrews adapted another Canaanite name as an appellation for God.)

Melchizedek
Melchizedek, statue in Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome.
Melchizedek, in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), a figure of importance in biblical tradition because he was both king and priest, was connected with Jerusalem, and was revered by Abraham, who paid a tithe to him. He appears as a person only in an interpolated vignette (Genesis 14:18–20) of the story of Abraham rescuing his kidnapped nephew, Lot, by defeating a coalition of Mesopotamian kings under Chedorlaomer.

Also spelled: Melchisedech
In the episode, Melchizedek meets Abraham on his return from battle, gives him bread and wine (which has been interpreted by some Christian scholars as a precursor of the Eucharist, so that Melchizedek’s name entered the canon of the Roman mass), and blesses Abraham in the name of “God Most High” (in Hebrew El ʿElyon). In return, Abraham gives him a tithe of the booty.

Melchizedek is an old Canaanite name meaning “My King Is [the god] Sedek” or “My King Is Righteousness” (the meaning of the similar Hebrew cognate). Salem, of which he is said to be king, is very probably Jerusalem. Psalm 76:2 refers to Salem in a way that implies that it is synonymous with Jerusalem, and the reference in Genesis 14:17 to “the King’s Valley” further confirms this identification. The god whom Melchizedek serves as priest is “El ʿElyon,” again a name of Canaanite origin, probably designating the high god of their pantheon. (Later, the Hebrews adapted another Canaanite name as an appellation for God.)

For Abraham to recognize the authority and authenticity of a Canaanite priest-king is startling and has no parallel in biblical literature. This story may have reached its final formulation in the days of King David, serving as an apologia for David’s making Jerusalem his headquarters and setting up the priesthood there.

Abraham’s paying tribute to a Jerusalem priest-king then would anticipate the time when Abraham’s descendants would bring tithes to the priests of Jerusalem ministering in the sanctuary at the Davidic capital.

The story may also relate to the conflict between the Levite priests descended from Abraham and the Zadokite priests of Jerusalem, who later changed their allegiance to Yahweh, the Hebrew god.

The Zadokites monopolized the Jerusalem priesthood until forcibly taken away to Babylon, at which time Levite priests asserted their own hegemony; the Melchizedek episode could reveal the ascendancy of Zadokite power.

You said this: "
will begin by stating this is the ultimate truth of scripture as I understand it - I am humbled and grateful that through forty-five years of passionate but yet turbulent faith - God has chosen me - an undeserving but yet "innocent in Spirit" child - saved by The Grace of God - has awarded me the keys to his Kingdom - through the teachings of Jesus Christ and by his sacrifice for many - which fulfilled the Law - has now concluded the teachings of scripture By Bringing The Revelation of Jesus Christ To Fulfillment."

I said you have not been awarded the keys to his Kingdom. Now, you are claiming you aren't stating your understanding from the Bible after stating you were. Are you a Democrat? They have this thing about hypocrisy too. Anyway, if you don't base your logic and reasoning from a sound foundation, then your thoughts are weak and will fall down being definitely with hypocrisy. Bible isn't all of God's words to mankind through men with the priesthood after the order of Melchizedek. That's what most Christians think and because of this, that's why there are 40,000 different sects preaching different doctrines.
I, without question, have been awarded the "Keys to the Kingdom" and so has anyone else who fully understands - through faith - mind, heart and soul - the true message of Jesus Christ.

You, like many others, read what you want to read instead of reading what is written. You hear but you don't listen. Your own lack of faith and insecurities lead you to judge others over pre-conceived; absolutely false notions.

It is the same thought process that had Jesus Christ condemned and crucified - AND the reason there are "40,000 different sects" of Christianity and the reason everyone blames religion for the 4000+ years of wars in this world. Jesus Christ's entire ministry was dedicated to teaching people "different ways of thinking" so that this would no longer happen - at least among Christians. You failed the test. Well done.

I am politically "Non-Partisan" and other than one year, when I registered Republican, so I could vote for my college roommate in the primaries (You can't vote in the primaries as a Non Partisan) - I've been Non-Partisan for my entire adult lifetime.

You judge others for following "False Idols" - There is no worse "False Idol" or Idolatry than worshiping your political party and persecuting those that don't follow your political party. The Roman Empire mandating idolatry to Caesar is BY FAR the single most prevalent issue that caused division among Christians and the Roman Empire.

The original, true Christians, followed the teachings of Jesus Christ precisely when he instructed them to, "Give onto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's" They PAID TAX TO CAESAR - For the coins had Caesar's image on them, not God's. And yet, knowing they could face death as a result, they refused to Idolize Caesar because their faith was devoted to God. THIS IS THE CORNERSTONE OF CHRISTIANITY.

I fully understand what has been given to me. It's through grace and humility that I understand that God is God and I am far lesser - so yes, my understanding is a "work in progress" because (I am sure you will agree) we cannot fully comprehend the mind or ways of God - not as humans. But I am eternally grateful for the over abundance of grace, love, knowledge and wisdom that has been given to me.

Last edited:
It is believed by many, including myself, that Melchizedek was Shem. Shem was one of the three sons of Noah.

Who Was Melchizedek?

Who Was Melchizedek and What Does He Have to Do With Jesus?

Shem

Name. Son of Noah (Gen. 5:29–32; 6:10; 7:13; 8:16; 9:26; Moses 8:12); his descendants (Gen. 10:21–31; 11:10–32; 1 Chr. 1:17; Luke 3:36). Shem was the traditional ancestor of the Shemitic or Semitic races, a group of kindred nations, which includes the Arabs, the Hebrews and Phoenicians, the Arameans or Syrians, the Babylonians and Assyrians. The languages spoken by these various nations were closely related and were known as the Semitic languages. In latter-day revelation Shem is referred to as “the great high priest” (D&C 138:41). See also Melchizedek.

Melchizedek

A great Old Testament high priest, prophet, and leader who lived after the Flood and during the time of Abraham. He was called the king of Salem (Jerusalem), king of peace, king of righteousness (which is the Hebrew meaning of Melchizedek), and priest of the most high God.
  • Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek, Gen. 14:18–20.
  • Melchizedek’s people wrought righteousness, and obtained heaven, JST, Gen. 14:25–40.
  • Christ was a high priest after the order of Melchizedek, Heb. 5:6.
  • Melchizedek was King of Salem, priest of the most high God, Heb. 7:1–3.
  • None were greater than Melchizedek, Alma 13:14–19.
  • Abraham received the priesthood from Melchizedek, D&C 84:14.
  • In respect for the Lord’s name, the ancient Church called the higher priesthood the Melchizedek Priesthood, D&C 107:1–4.

It is believed by many, including myself, that Melchizedek was Shem. Shem was one of the three sons of Noah.

Who Was Melchizedek?

Shem

Name. Son of Noah (Gen. 5:29–32; 6:10; 7:13; 8:16; 9:26; Moses 8:12); his descendants (Gen. 10:21–31; 11:10–32; 1 Chr. 1:17; Luke 3:36). Shem was the traditional ancestor of the Shemitic or Semitic races, a group of kindred nations, which includes the Arabs, the Hebrews and Phoenicians, the Arameans or Syrians, the Babylonians and Assyrians. The languages spoken by these various nations were closely related and were known as the Semitic languages. In latter-day revelation Shem is referred to as “the great high priest” (D&C 138:41). See also Melchizedek.

Melchizedek

A great Old Testament high priest, prophet, and leader who lived after the Flood and during the time of Abraham. He was called the king of Salem (Jerusalem), king of peace, king of righteousness (which is the Hebrew meaning of Melchizedek), and priest of the most high God.
  • Melchizedek’s people wrought righteousness, and obtained heaven, JST, Gen. 14:25–40.
  • In respect for the Lord’s name, the ancient Church called the higher priesthood the Melchizedek Priesthood, D&C 107:1–4.

Melchizedek was a Canaanite king and priest. Abraham paid tribute to him.

Who Was Melchizedek?

Shem

Melchizedek

Melchizedek was high priest of the Canaanites' gods …

Forum List

Back