Why does Trump want to remove security clearances for ex-intel officials?

Because they are now speaking politically...two of them are working for fake news CNN and MSNBC....Clapper and Brennan the Traitor....and one wrote an anti Trump book that didn't sell...Comey the Clown...

They have every right to speak politically. Security clearances should have nothing to do with politics. You are fake news.

But being unhinged and politically vindictive is a reason to terminate any set of clearances for a former head of a Govt agency. Wouldn't be tolerated when they were working, why should it be tolerated when they retire?

Those "courtesy clearances" are for using these people as consultants in special matters. If they are taking TV analyst jobs just to try and save their own asses and accusing the Prez of treason -- it kinda voids their usefulness as a "consultant" .. It's as simple as that.
I think we all know why the president wants to revoke their security clearances. They spoke out against his handling of security matters.

Trump's actions serves no purpose other than to show just how vindictive and politically unhinged he is. It will do nothing to shut them up. In fact, if will probably encourage others to come forward.

However, the major problem is how Trump's war against US intelligence has effected the rank and file in those organization and their ability to deliver non-biased assessments.
No one who wants to keep his security clearance will come forward. That alone is sufficient justification for revoking them.

What you're neglecting is Trump's actions has made a huge step in politicizing national intelligence
It was Obama's goon squad that politicized national intelligence...it was Obama that had Trump tower wiretapped...it was Obama that spied on reporters...it was Obama that hushed up his CIA and his FBI and sent billions of dollars in cash and gold bars to Iran in the middle of the clandestine moon....and it was Obama that ordered Hillary's investigation stopped...
All Trump did was win an election and the entire top tear of Obama's law enforcement agencies went out to take down a president....give me a break already....the dust has cleared...your BS spin is proven to be wrong....everyone can see what happened...

What you're neglecting is Trump's actions has made a huge step in politicizing national intelligence. Will these guys be back? Of course they will when Democrats get the White House back. Future presidents will follow Trump's example by replacing National Intelligence people based on political loyalty and what was once the most apolitical appointments will be among the most political.

First --- anybody bringing these clowns "back" is a moron. Brennan SPIED ON CONGRESS. FFSake. Clapper lies about damn near everything in committee. But that's opinion..

They are ALL chosen for "loyalty". Because it's the ONLY CHECK on the awesome and huge Intel Community power. Congress can't oversee them for the most part. Most congress people don't even where their budget is from or their operations. So LOYALTY is a must. It's like kissing cobras.

Secondly --- "politicizing National Intelligence" NEEDS to be done right. now. There were aggregious seditious actions that happened amongst the TOP layers of these agencies. It's got to be lanced and disinfected. It's coming out SLOWLY -- because if TRUMP decided to clean the puss -- it would an explosion that could permanently wreck this county. What you don't see is the RESTRAINT Trump is showing in USING all that power to get the bottom of WHY his campaign was spied on and who was plotting to influence an American election by the dicking around with the Clinton investigation, the Russian dossier, the ABUSE of the domestic spying done with the Big Brother NSA Spy Machine and unmasking of American citizens that should NEVER have been done.

He's been more than reserved and patient.. Given he could legally clean this cancer out with a blowtorch in a matter of days.

I know you don't want to hear that. But the largest political scandal of our lifetimes --- just can't be ignored and buried no matter HOW MUCH whining Clapper/Brennan get on air. In FACT -- CNN/MSNBC and all the others are accomplices in this matter now. So they are ALL fighting to divert and fart chaff....
Politicizing national Intelligence amounts to using political position to get people to say that a clear, bright blue sky is cloudy. This led us into the Iraqi war which cost trillions of dollars and thousands of US lives. Whenever politics becomes a part of our national intelligence agencies, objectiveness and truth become a casualty.

Once intelligence agencies are politicized as they have been in many countries, they become an enforcement and propaganda tool of the administration and their effectiveness in intelligence gathering is severely compromised.

What Trump does not seem to grasp is that he needs people to head his intelligence agencies that value truth above loyalty, that will give him the truth regardless of how damaging it might be to him or his agenda.

Well of course if you UNDERSTAND that the agencies themselves can PLAY political sides with their Intel products -- you should appreciate the danger of having some high level appointees like Clapper, Brennan, Comey WEAPONIZING the awesome powers of those agencies to INSTIGATE in elections. Which is what has happened.

And IT NEEDS to come cleanly out. And it needs to be fixed and some folks punished. STARTING with a general prohibition on DOMESTIC surveillance by those agencies. EVERY president needs to trust that they are serving the country REGARDLESS of who gets elected. And Trump has been VERY reserved in letting the process go slowly and without his "bull in a China shop" approach to fixing stuff.

What a president DOES NOT need is former Intel Heads who took PART in campaign meddling and are STILL passing farts on media to save their asses. So those clearances should be gone.
The accusations you're making about these men are unsubstantiated. They have been appointed by both Democrat and Republican Presidents and all have extensive backgrounds in national security. Comey is a republican. Clapper and Brennan are both independents.

These men have not only the right but an obligation to speak out against a president who seeks to politicize our intelligence agencies which would destroy all objectivity. In fact, they are only ones qualified to speak out, that won't loose their jobs by doing so.

It's ironic that Trump has criticized Bush servery for using the intelligence agencies as tools to support his politically actions when he is doing exactly the same thing.

Because they are now speaking politically...two of them are working for fake news CNN and MSNBC....Clapper and Brennan the Traitor....and one wrote an anti Trump book that didn't sell...Comey the Clown...

They have every right to speak politically. Security clearances should have nothing to do with politics. You are fake news.

But being unhinged and politically vindictive is a reason to terminate any set of clearances for a former head of a Govt agency. Wouldn't be tolerated when they were working, why should it be tolerated when they retire?

Those "courtesy clearances" are for using these people as consultants in special matters. If they are taking TV analyst jobs just to try and save their own asses and accusing the Prez of treason -- it kinda voids their usefulness as a "consultant" .. It's as simple as that.
I think we all know why the president wants to revoke their security clearances. They spoke out against his handling of security matters.

Trump's actions serves no purpose other than to show just how vindictive and politically unhinged he is. It will do nothing to shut them up. In fact, if will probably encourage others to come forward.

However, the major problem is how Trump's war against US intelligence has effected the rank and file in those organization and their ability to deliver non-biased assessments.
No one who wants to keep his security clearance will come forward. That alone is sufficient justification for revoking them.
Trump appointees in intelligence can't criticize the president without losing their jobs. These are the only people qualified to do so, that he can't fire, which must really piss Trump off. The only thing revoking their security clearance does is prevent his people from seeking help on intelligence issues from some of the most experienced and knowledge people in the field.

Why is that even a question?
They are no longer in a position that needs the clearance.

From what I have read, it seems previous high level intelligence people have been allowed to keep their clearance so they could consult with the administration on intelligence issues. However, that seems very unlikely since these guys are bound be on Trump black list.

Before Trump was president he maintained a black list and I imagine he still does.

Trump appointees in intelligence can't criticize the president without losing their jobs. These are the only people qualified to do so, that he can't fire, which must really piss Trump off. The only thing revoking their security clearance does is prevent his people from seeking help on intelligence issues from some of the most experienced and knowledge people in the field.
Do you actually believe anyone in the Trump administration is going to ask Brennan, the commie, or Clapper the liar for advice?

From what I have read, it seems previous high level intelligence people have been allowed to keep their clearance so they could consult with the administration on intelligence issues. However, that seems very unlikely since these guys are bound be on Trump black list.

Before Trump was president he maintained a black list and I imagine he still does.
Every president maintains a black list.

Do you actually believe anyone in the Trump administration is going to ask Brennan, the commie, or Clapper the liar for advice?
I believe they won't to keep their jobs. Keep in mind, that all 3 of these people have extensive experience which transcends current politics. With the exception of Wray who has no previous national security experience, Trump's other intelligence appointees have surely either worked for or with Brennan, Comey, and Clapper.

I doubt that. I can't imagine either Obama or Bush not allowing their national security people to talk to anyone in the intelligence community. Most presidents do not take the attitude that if you are not for me, you are against me. They are much too pragmatic for that.

I believe they won't to keep their jobs. Keep in mind, that all 3 of these people have extensive experience which transcends current politics. With the exception of Wray who has no previous national security experience, Trump's other intelligence appointees have surely either worked for or with Brennan, Comey, and Clapper.
They have extensive experience at subverting elections and staging coups against lawfully elected presidents. Their experience is of no value to democracies that observe the rule of law. Nothing in their experience transcends current politics. They were wallowing in political bias.

I doubt that. I can't imagine either Obama or Bush not allowing their national security people to talk to anyone in the intelligence community. Most presidents do not take the attitude that if you are not for me, you are against me. They are much too pragmatic for that.
That's because Obama infiltrated the intelligence agencies with his goons.

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.

Why should ex employees continue to have access to sensitive and classified information?

Everyone should have their security clearance revoked when they no longer have a position where they have a need to know.

It's a huge security risk to have people continue to have clearance for information.

The worst part is that Obama's goons, who are helping him undermine Trump, still have access.

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.

Why should ex employees continue to have access to sensitive and classified information?

Everyone should have their security clearance revoked when they no longer have a position where they have a need to know.

It's a huge security risk to have people continue to have clearance for information.

The worst part is that Obama's goons, who are helping him undermine Trump, still have access.

FFS, how often does it need to be repeated that clearance DOES NOT FUCKING EQUAL ACCESS.

They have extensive experience at subverting elections and staging coups against lawfully elected presidents. Their experience is of no value to democracies that observe the rule of law. Nothing in their experience transcends current politics. They were wallowing in political bias.
The fact is they have extensive experience in National Security. I will ignore your political bull shit because that is exactly what it is. These guys have more real experience in National Security and law enforcement than Trump's whole team of yes men he has appointed. Look at his FBI director, a lawyer with a couple year experience as an AG, with no national security experience and no law enforcement experience. Then there his National Security Advisory, a UN Ambassador, a Fox News Commentator, a political advisory, a lawyer that handled civil cases, and membership in half dozen political right wing organization such as the NRA, International Commission on Religious Freedom, Jewish Institute of National Security, a pro Israel group, and the Gatestone Institue, an anti-Muslim group made famous for publishing false news and racist articles. Then there is his CIA Director, the only one with any National security experience. If there every was a group that needs help this it. However, all three will agree with whatever Trump says because they don't know enough to disagree with him.

The fact is they have extensive experience in National Security. I will ignore your political bull shit because that is exactly what it is. These guys have more real experience in National Security and law enforcement than Trump's whole team of yes men he has appointed. Look at his FBI director, a lawyer with a couple year experience as an AG, with no national security experience and no law enforcement experience. Then there his National Security Advisory, a UN Ambassador, a Fox News Commentator, a political advisory, a lawyer that handled civil cases, and membership in half dozen political right wing organization such as the NRA, International Commission on Religious Freedom, Jewish Institute of National Security, a pro Israel group, and the Gatestone Institue, an anti-Muslim group made famous for publishing false news and racist articles. Then there is his CIA Director, the only one with any National security experience. If there every was a group that needs help this it. However, all three will agree with whatever Trump says because they don't know enough to disagree with him.

They are backstabbing treasonous scumbags. That's the bottom line. I couldn't care less about their experience. As I said, experience in lying, cheating and stealing isn't worth much.

Forum List

Back