Why Doesn't America Militarize the Southern Border?

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
A- There is an obvious issue at the border with illegal immigration.

B- An element from the 82nd and 101'st Airborne could easily be deployed along the border

Q- Why not? Why hasn't any administration done so? Perry did in Texas.

We can end it at the border if we want, and our military can get it done

-Geaux

B- An element from the 82nd and 101'st Airborne could easily be deployed along the border

We can end it at the border is we want, and our military can get it done

-Geaux
While stationed at 5th Group, my team was placed on the border to do long-range recon, and to look for drug--traffickers, but they put us out in the middle of nowhere where there was no traffic. It was a paper shuffle. It wasn't intended to catch anyone.

We can end it at the border is we want, and our military can get it done

-Geaux
While stationed at 5th Group, my team was placed on the border to do long-range recon, and to look for drug--traffickers, but they put us out in the middle of nowhere where there was no traffic. It was a paper shuffle. It wasn't intended to catch anyone.

That's sad. Militarize the border AND a fence and its mission accomplished

-Geaux

There has always been a controversy regarding the use of federal troops on the border. Some say the The Posse Comitatus Act legally prevents the use of federal troops. Others say that's not true.

I've always thought border duty could be part of a recruits training. Bottom line, I would be all for it.

There has always been a controversy regarding the use of federal troops on the border. Some say the The Posse Comitatus Act legally prevents the use of federal troops. Others say that's not true.

I've always thought border duty could be part of a recruits training. Bottom line, I would be all for it.
I retired from the military after years of experience doing what they do in ICE. I wanted to apply for a job with them, but they said I was too old. I was 38. They don't accept anyone over 30. It's like trying to apply for Officer Candidate school or police training. So basically, retired military is not welcome on the border patrol.

The Posse Comitatus Act is is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnelto enforce domestic policies within the United States. And it only applies to the US Army.

This is not a domestic issue but a federal one

-Geaux

The Posse Comitatus Act is is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnelto enforce domestic policies within the United States. And it only applies to the US Army.

This is not a domestic issue but a federal one.

If it is domestic then Perry was within his right to deploy the guard on the border

-Geaux

We can end it at the border if we want, and our military can get it done

-Geaux
Makes sense to me, we have militarized the border for South Korea.

compare the border problem to something, numerically maybe.....

like, crime in big cities.....natural disaster offsets.

just a thought

just a thought

I don't follow. Illegal immigration suppression at the southern border reduces your concerns mentioned above.

-Geaux

just a thought

I don't follow. Illegal immigration suppression at the southern border reduces your concerns mentioned above.

-Geaux
To what degree, numerically.

There's an opportunity cost - for everything.
Evaluating the disadvantges which illegal immigration creates NUMERICALLY and not just that, but in COMPARISON to something tangible, relatable, might be the answer to your question.

Perhaps, when evaluated, the problem is blown quite out of proportion by Politicians to achieve their "ends," with Voters.

The Posse Comitatus Act can be modified to eliminate any question about using the military along the border.

It's an idea I thing would work if implemented.

The Posse Comitatus Act can be modified to eliminate any question about using the military along the border.

It's an idea I thing would work if implemented.

Putting Marines on the border would mitigate the issue. The PCA applies to US Army only

-Geaux

Let's just build that wall. It will then take far less troops to man it.

Build the wall provided that e-verify, business compliance or else, and a path to sunlight are party of the bill.

Military on the border, better and more fences, and throw those that hire illegals in jail.

Instead, America will continue to make it easier to sneek in, and at the same time will create more incentives, like California wanting to make illegals elgible for Obongocare, for illegals to come here.

"Military on the border, better and more fences, and throw those that hire illegals in jail." and a pathway to legality for those here.c

This is non-negotiable for sane America.

Sane America will not let the nativists tear families apart and or end citizenship for those who are born citizens.

Forum List

Back