Why Donald Trump Won’t Fold: Polls and People Speak

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Why Donald Trump Won’t Fold: Polls and People Speak

A review of public polling, extensive interviews with a host of his supporters in two states and a new private survey that tracks voting records all point to the conclusion that Mr. Trump has built a broad, demographically and ideologically diverse coalition, constructed around personality, not substance, that bridges demographic and political divides.

In doing so, he has effectively insulated himself from the consequences of startling statements that might instantly doom rival candidates.

In poll after poll of Republicans, Mr. Trump leads among women, despite having used terms like “fat pigs” and “disgusting animals” to denigrate some of them. He leads among evangelical Christians, despite saying he had never had a reason to ask God for forgiveness.

He leads among moderates and college-educated voters, despite a populist and anti-immigrant message thought to resonate most with conservatives and less-affluent voters.

He leads among the most frequent, likely voters, even though his appeal is greatest among those with little history of voting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/23/u...mp-wont-fold-polls-and-people-speak.html?_r=0

He is a phenomenon who's time has come. Fingers crossed that the rest of the voters see that changes mean the country will be better off with the silent majority finally speaking up.

These liberals have been fucking up America for to long, they should move their ass's to some third world country instead of trying to turn America into one

The bolded above is incorrect: his support is not broad ideologically at all.

Right now it rests on the white disaffected far right, the nativists, and a few who want something to shake up the possibilities. The last part I grok.

Bush has the ability to stay with Trump throughout the season, so it is going to be a long haul.

The bolded above is incorrect: his support is not broad ideologically at all.

Right now it rests on the white disaffected far right, the nativists, and a few who want something to shake up the possibilities. The last part I grok.

Bush has the ability to stay with Trump throughout the season, so it is going to be a long haul.
You just don't want to acknowledge that some Democrats might be coming along for a wonderful ride...to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Last edited:
These liberals have been fucking up America for to long, they should move their ass's to some third world country instead of trying to turn America into one
America was founded by liberals for liberals. You are an American in name only. Feel free to leave...

He's in it to win.. the only "america first" candidate out there.
You are right. There will be no lobbyists, will deal with foreign countries that have us under a barrel, and bring jobs back to America. He means what he says...America First. We will be great again.

You are right. There will be no lobbyists, will deal with foreign countries that have us under a barrel, and bring jobs back to America. He means what he says...America First. We will be great again.
You total morons really eat his shit up, I'll give you that. I should making a fortune selling white robes and pointy hats at Trump events. You suck up his lies like a 10-dollar-whore sucks on dicks. It is truly horrifying to behold.

You total morons really eat his shit up, I'll give you that. I should making a fortune selling white robes and pointy hats at Trump events. You suck up his lies like a 10-dollar-whore sucks on dicks. It is truly horrifying to behold.
That's what I love...one who speaks his mind no matter how disgusting it is.

I'd lay my money down on Kasich (R) and Warren (D).

2016 ELECTION ODDS:
(updated 8/19/15)
Hillary Clinton 7/5
Jeb Bush 6/1
Donald Trump 12/1
Marco Rubio 12/1
Joe Biden 15/1
Scott Walker 15/1
Bernie Sanders 18/1
John Kasich 25/1
Ben Carson 30/1
Chris Christie 40/1
Ted Cruz 40/1
Carly Fiorina 50/1
Elizabeth Warren 50/1
Martin O'Malley 100/1
Mike Huckabee 100/1
Rand Paul 100/1
Al Gore 125/1
Michael Bloomberg 150/1
Jim Webb 200/1
Rick Perry 200/1
Rick Santorum 200/1
Bobby Jindal 250/1
George Pataki 500/1
Lincoln Chafee 500/1
Lindsey Graham 500/1

You would know...

America was founded by liberals for liberals. You are an American in name only. Feel free to leave...
Uh, yah, ok...:cuckoo:
Learn American history. My people founded the place, not yours.
YOUR people? You black, dude?

Uh, yah, ok...:cuckoo:
Learn American history. My people founded the place, not yours.
YOUR people? You black, dude?
Liberal, like the Founders.

I think a Kasich and Biden race is more likely if it is not Bush, Trump, and Clinton.

Forum List

Back