Why Gun Grabber 'Outrage' Over School Shootings is Horse Crap

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
1. Far more people die from many other causes.
  • Heart disease: 633,842
    • Cancer: 595,930
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 155,041
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 146,571
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 140,323
    • Alzheimer’s disease: 110,561
    • Diabetes: 79,535
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 57,062
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 49,959
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 44,193
2. Children die mostly from Swimming pools, automobile accidents and suffocation. Until libtards start working on a ban on swimming pools, autos and pillows, I really cannot take them seriously about their objections with guns.
https://www.cdc.gov/safechild/pdf/cdc-childhoodinjury.pdf

They just want to steal our guns, and it has nothing to do with child safety.

2. Children die mostly from Swimming pools, automobile accidents and suffocation. Until libtards start working on a ban on swimming pools, autos and pillows, I really cannot take them seriously about their objections with guns.

Ah, you don't get it.

When a 90 year old dies, people are often like, oh no, but they lived their life.

When a 10 year old dies, it's a tragedy.

It's pretty clear why, I hope.

Cancer is something that cannot always be prevented. We're getting better and better at it. However INDIVIDUAL life style choice has an impact, genes have an impact.

Respiratory diseases can often be about life style choices, ie, smoking. Others suffer from work place things, things Trump is RELAXING while the left tightens health and safety things.

Accidents are accidents. Some can be prevented and I think the US can do a lot more to make this happen, in Europe these accidents are often lower. The road deaths rate in the UK is like 1/4 the US rate for a reason.

Strokes are often about life style choices. Not enough exercise and bad eating. Individual choice.

Alzheimers is something we can't prevent.

Diabetes is either life style or bad luck, genes etc.

So, shootings are preventable, and killing young people. The others are often individual choices, things that can't be prevented or other stuff like that.

Ah, you don't get it.

When a 90 year old dies, people are often like, oh no, but they lived their life.

When a 10 year old dies, it's a tragedy..

The second group of stats are all related to childhood deaths.

Stopping the leading causes of death of children makes far more sense than going on a prepaid gun grabbing obsession that will lead to civil war if it ever does get enacted.

I have several long guns and pistols. I have yet to see any of the proposals that would affect any of them. Seems that you equate assault weapons with all guns.

I have several long guns and pistols. I have yet to see any of the proposals that would affect any of them. Seems that you equate assault weapons with all guns.

If any of those are semiautomatic then they are part of the gun grabber gun ban targets

If any of those are semiautomatic then they are part of the gun grabber gun ban targets

What amazes me most is that the gun grabbers carefully avoid discussing two key results of their campaign, were it ever to be successful.

1. the demonstrated lack of ability of our government to ban anything. How hard is it to buy a joint these days? All that will be accomplished by such laws will be tens of millions more Americans added to the permanent criminal class and more momentum to growing disrespect for law and authority.

2. We will have resistance to such laws, likely a rebellion if not a revolution as well. This means that far more children will die by trying to ban semiautomatic rifles than will ever be saved from 'school massacres'.

Of course they avoid these topics because it completely deflates any reason for a gun ban.

Ah, you don't get it.

Cancer is something that cannot always be prevented. We're getting better and better at it. However INDIVIDUAL life style choice has an impact, genes have an impact.

Respiratory diseases can often be about life style choices, ie, smoking. Others suffer from work place things, things Trump is RELAXING while the left tightens health and safety things.

Accidents are accidents. Some can be prevented and I think the US can do a lot more to make this happen, in Europe these accidents are often lower. The road deaths rate in the UK is like 1/4 the US rate for a reason.

Strokes are often about life style choices. Not enough exercise and bad eating. Individual choice.

So, shootings are preventable, and killing young people. The others are often individual choices, things that can't be prevented or other stuff like that.
. By his argument this poster ^^^ advocates the Democrat Party's position to confiscate all guns.

Ah, you don't get it.

. By his argument this poster ^^^ advocates the Democrat Party's position to confiscate all guns.

By his argument this poster ^^^... wait, sorry, he doesn't have a fucking argument, does he....?

Digging under horse crap is a good way to find worms.

I eat fish. Fish eat worms. Worms eat horse crap. If it’s true that you are what you eat, that makes me horse crap.

Yeah....because once you asshats enact a ban on the AR-15, which is not an assault weapon, you will then use that same argument to ban all semi automatic weapons, including pistols and shotguns....

We saw you morons on CNN, at the D.C. rally and through your former Supreme Court Justice...you can't hide anymore, you already outed yourselves....

If they cared about deaths, guns would be low on the priority list...since guns are all they focus on, you know it isn't about dead people, or dead kids...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC
2016:

2016: Kids ( <1 to age 14)
Total guns: ......74
Total Cars: 1,261

Suffocation: 1,215

Drowning: 713

Poisoning: 84

Traffic: 1,261

Guns: 74

Under age drinking:

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

If they actually cared about deaths, they would go after cars...not guns...but since they don't care about deaths, they only care about guns...there will never be a point where we can compromise with them...

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leading_causes_death.html
Total car accidental death....

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC
Total car accidental death....

2015....36,161--------- Gun murder 9,616
2014....33,736 -------- Gun murder 8,312
2013....33,804-------- Gun murder 8,454
2012....34,935 ------- Gun murder 8,897

Accidental gun deaths...

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

How many kids have you lost to gun violence?

Lesson to be learned here: Because people die of other causes, we don't have to do anything about gun deaths.

Because people die of other causes, we don't have to do anything about Cancer.
Because people die of other causes, we don't have to do anything about Chronic lower respiratory diseases.
In other words:
Because people die of other causes, we don't have to do anything about ______________.

Time to defund all those medical research agencies, I guess.

Why do idiots try to water down a debate on one item since the march and outrage is about one issue not ten.??.

How many kids have you lost to gun violence?

By gun violence...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC
Murder with guns...kids, 238
<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95
Other means........

Kids murdered by other means...

under 1: 270
age 1-4: 298
age 5-14: 135