Zone1 Why is Christianity True And Not The Faith Of The Hare Krishnas?

It was Romans.

The Christians are the ones creating the narrative or story hence they're the ones who are killing YHWH God for their sins. All of this theological nonsense and religious mythology about YHWH God being executed by the Romans, is the worst type of insult you could ever utter or conjure up against YHWH, the God of Israel.

There are a lot of very good, compelling reasons to believe that Christianity is the one true religion, and Jesus is who He claimed to be.

Nearly 2000 fulfilled prophecies, and there will be more to come as we get closer to the end of this age. No other religion comes anywhere close to that. The odds of even a fraction of those prophecies being the result of chance is statistically impossible.

The unity of the Bible is actually amazing when you consider that it's a collection of 66 books penned by 40 different people from all different walks of life, over a period of 1500 years.... yet from beginning to end, all of it tells the same unfolding story.

Also, many claims in the Bible that people at one point thought were false later were vindicated through archeology.

It has also stood the test of time. The Bible is the most loved and hated book of all time, and for thousands of years the haters have tried to destroy it, discredit it, ban it, etc.... yet to this day, the Bible is STILL the most read, studied, quoted, and top selling book of all time.

Then you have millions (or more likely, billions) of radically changed lives. I'm talking about people who come to Jesus and get born again. Spiritual birth is an actual thing, a very real event that occurs in a person's life that changes everything. As someone who has done missions work through an international Christian missions organization, I've met a lot of Christians...and I have heard so many absolutely amazing testimonies. I've encountered people who came from the worst possible past, and whose lives were completely turned around by Jesus. Why? Because Jesus IS God, incarnate. That's why so many lives all around the world have been completely changed when a person comes to Christ.

Also, Christianity is the only religion / worldview that I can think of that has an explanation for why things are the way they are, that matches with reality. What I mean by that is, Christianity teaches that this is a fallen world, temporarily run by evil people and the lowercase "god of this world", who is the enemy of God. To me that is so clear, but the important thing to know is that it's just temporary. The true ruler of this world WILL return, and will right all the wrongs and bring justice and peace. And this world will go back to how it was always meant to be from the very beginning… a world of peace and harmony.... as opposed to evil, corruption, war, etc.

Those are just a few reasons. I could go on, but I wasn't planning to write an essay here. :)

I'll just end with this..... As I mentioned before around here many times, I was a nonbeliever for many years. Coming to Christ was without a doubt the best decision I ever made, the best thing that ever happened to me. Being a child of God is a journey, and it can take years to grow and change.... but the important thing to know is that with God, all things work together for good, and the trajectory of one's life with God is always in the direction of GOOD.

Jesus said: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly." John 10:10

If Christianity was false and evil, as you claim, then you wouldn't see so many lives radically changed for the better, and people who have actually experienced God's blessings, protection, provision, guidance, etc.

Last edited:
Christians believe that Jesus is YHWH God, hence they are killing God for their sins. God has to die, because supposedly he can't forgive and save any human beings without sacrificing himself.
That is not a good summary of the Gospels. Expiation, propitiation are Latin words used for atonement. In Hebrew it is an outward action that makes up/covers the original error. Shoplifting is a good example. Shoplifting is an error, returning the item or paying for it covers that original error. Because atone in English can be rewritten as 'at one' the example often is that turning away from sin and to the will of God is atonement or returning to being at one with God.

Note that Jesus was forgiving sins years before the crucifixion. He would announce, "Your sins are forgiven." Not once did he ever indicate that anyone had to wait until after his death for their sins to be forgiven. He was stating the present fact that sins are forgiven. Religious authorities in his day responded with, You have no authority to say that!"

What you said doesn't strengthen your case for Christianity being THE ONLY WAY TO GOD.
I have never said (or believed) that Christianity is the only way to God. I had an atheist grandfather (and like my grandmother married an atheist), and I believe my grandfather, through the life he lived, walked in the ways of God. I also believe that Christianity can be one of the most vibrant ways of God.

You're speaking nonsense, asserting that God can die and that he must die in order to forgive your sins. Again, your silly, evil theology kills God. You are killing God for your sins, by conjuring up this silly theology, which doesn't reflect rational, coherent thought, much less reality. An infinite, immortal God can't die. You're either immortal or you're not. The Hebrew Bible is clear about the state of the dead:

• Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 (קהלת ט׳:ה־ו׳)
    • Hebrew: "כִּי הַחַיִּים יוֹדְעִים שֶׁיָּמֻתוּ, וְהַמֵּתִים אֵינָם יוֹדְעִים מְאוּמָה, וְאֵין לָהֶם עוֹד שָׂכָר, כִּי נִשְׁכַּח זִכְרָם. מֵאַהֲבָתָם וּמִשְׂנֹאָתָם וּמִקִּנְאָתָם כְּבָר אָבַד, וְחֵלֶק אֵין לָהֶם עוֹד לְעוֹלָם בְּכָל אֲשֶׁר נַעֲשָׂה תַחַת הַשָּׁמֶשׁ."
    • English: "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate, and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun."
  • Psalms 115:17 (תהילים ק״ו:יז)
    • Hebrew: "לֹא הַמֵּתִים יְהַלְלוּ יָהּ, וְלֹא כָל יֹרְדֵי דוּמָה."
    • English: "The dead do not praise YHWH, nor do any who go down into silence."

The dead know nothing and can't even praise or worship YHWH God. From the perspective of the Hebrew Bible, Christianity is utter blasphemy, trying to kill God for the sins of humanity, with its warped theology/soteriology.

Eze 28:1-10 The word of Yahweh came again unto me, saying, (2) Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Sovereign Yahweh; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a El, I sit in the seat of Elohim, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not El, though thou set thine heart as the heart of Elohim: (3) Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee: (4) With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures: (5) By thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches: (6) Therefore thus saith the Sovereign Yahweh; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of Elohim; (7) Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness. (8) They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas. (9) Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am Elohim? but thou shalt be a man, and no El, in the hand of him that slayeth thee. (10) Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Sovereign Yahweh.

YHWH mocks the prince of Tyrus, for claiming that he is YHWH incarnate, informing him that he is not God, but just a man, who is subject to death. YHWH tells him in verse nine, "Are you going to declare your divinity to the man who comes to kill you? You will be nothing more than a man and not God, in the hand of him who kills you". Jesus was nothing more than a man in the hands of the Romans who executed him. You Christians can't kill YHWH God with your silly, blasphemous mythology. Your theological gobbledygook amounts to nothing, when examined in light of the Hebrew Bible.
His plan not ours. He just as easily could have let everyone go to hell

That is not a good summary of the Gospels. Expiation, propitiation are Latin words used for atonement. In Hebrew it is an outward action that makes up/covers the original error. Shoplifting is a good example. Shoplifting is an error, returning the item or paying for it covers that original error. Because atone in English can be rewritten as 'at one' the example often is that turning away from sin and to the will of God is atonement or returning to being at one with God.

Note that Jesus was forgiving sins years before the crucifixion. He would announce, "Your sins are forgiven." Not once did he ever indicate that anyone had to wait until after his death for their sins to be forgiven. He was stating the present fact that sins are forgiven. Religious authorities in his day responded with, You have no authority to say that!"
You completely ignored the following:

• Propitiation
    :
    • 1 John 2:2: "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
    • Romans 3:25: "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"
    • These passages convey the idea that Jesus' sacrifice serves as a propitiation, meaning it appeases the wrath of God directed towards humanity because of sin. Through Jesus' death, God's justice is satisfied, and His mercy is extended to those who believe.
  • Ransom:
    • Matthew 20:28: "Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
    • 1 Timothy 2:5-6: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."
    • Most Christians don't agree with your interpretation of the NT and gospel, and even in your own interpretation, you're killing God to establish a new covenant, which is just as absurd. God doesn't have to die to establish a new covenant. More, the new covenant described in Jeremiah 31:31-40 has nothing to do with Christianity. That's another contradiction, you have to deal with as a Christian.

I have never said (or believed) that Christianity is the only way to God. I had an atheist grandfather (and like my grandmother married an atheist), and I believe my grandfather, through the life he lived, walked in the ways of God. I also believe that Christianity can be one of the most vibrant ways of God.
You're a modern, liberal Christian that doesn't represent the Christians or Christianity that I am criticizing on this thread. Unfortunately, most Christians aren't as spiritually mature as you are, believing God tortures all non-Christians in hell for all eternity, who refuse to convert to their brand of Christianity. Some even go as far as to believe that non-Christians who don't hear the gospel, and never rejected it, also burn in hell for all eternity. You're an outlier, a rare bird among Christian Protestants. I believe you've identified yourself in the past as Protestant? There are more Roman Catholics who hold to your more mature, liberal spirituality. Most Christians are extremely close minded and dogmatic. They're not like you.

The Abrahamic religions are screwed up. Immature, infantile gobbledygook. Spiritual terrorism and violence. Look at all of the wars between the "Abrahamics". They're even killing each other, dropping bombs and firing bullets at each other.
First, war exists outside of any belief system including atheism. Wars existed long before any formally organized religion. As far as "gobbledygook" it is modern English and the ways people interpret modern definitions/usage of the words that turn the wisdom and power of the original Hebrew (and to some extent the Greek and Latin translations) into gobbledygook. If one cannot study Hebrew, Greek, and Latin, the next best thing is to study etymology of English words. Rabbinical commentary has been very useful in Bible studies as well.

The original intent and meanings of the stories in Genesis and Exodus have been lost to many.

His plan not ours. He just as easily could have let everyone go to hell
It's your stupid plan, not his. People like you conjured it up and it completely flies in the face of YHWH God's nature in the Hebrew Bible and the meaning of words. If you believe God is omnipotent and "God is Love", then these views that you have about Him, are inconsistent with such attributes and definitions.

You're a modern, liberal Christian that doesn't represent the Christians or Christianity that I am criticizing on this thread. Unfortunately, most Christians aren't as spiritually mature as you are, believing God tortures all non-Christians in hell for all eternity, who refuse to convert to their brand of Christianity. Some even go as far as to believe that non-Christians who don't hear the gospel, and never rejected it, also burn in hell for all eternity. You're an outlier, a rare bird among Christian Protestants. I believe you've identified yourself in the past as Protestant? There are more Roman Catholics who hold to your more mature, liberal spirituality. Most Christians are extremely close minded and dogmatic. They're not like you.
Thank you. 😂

It only matters that Jesus said it
Then let's not use the narrowest meaning and open our arms as Jesus did. Who is Jesus? Jesus is the Word of God, thus the way to God is through the Word of God--i.e., following the ways of God. Jesus is the perfect example of following the Word, the Way, the Will of God.

What you said doesn't strengthen your case for Christianity being THE ONLY WAY TO GOD. That's just spiritual terrorism, when you're saying God will torture people in hell for all eternity for not converting to the "right religion". That's just cruel, wicked nonsense
It matters not what you call your specific religion. Jesus is the only way to God. And that applies to Muslims, Buddists, Catholics, and atheists.
Emanuel, Jesus, erased everything that would cause you to spend an eternity of torment, at great expense. It took pure, sin free blood to redeem us. And then He gave it to us as a gift. A gift to Achmed, to Boonsri, Mary Elizabeth, and Bob. He made it available to every human here, a guarantee to prevent you from ending up in Hell.

What more do you require of God?

Then let's not use the narrowest meaning and open our arms as Jesus did. Who is Jesus? Jesus is the Word of God, thus the way to God is through the Word of God--i.e., following the ways of God. Jesus is the perfect example of following the Word, the Way, the Will of God.
I accept what He said. You refuse. Even your own church rejects your silliness

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

HE was clear. Your duty is only to understand and follow.

There are a lot of very good, compelling reasons to believe that Christianity is the one true religion, and Jesus is who He claimed to be.

Nearly 2000 fulfilled prophecies, and there will be more to come as we get closer to the end of this age. No other religion comes anywhere close to that. The odds of even a fraction of those prophecies being the result of chance is statistically impossible.

The unity of the Bible is actually amazing when you consider that it's a collection of 66 books penned by 40 different people from all different walks of life, over a period of 1500 years.... yet from beginning to end, all of it tells the same unfolding story.

Also, many claims in the Bible that people at one point thought were false later were vindicated through archeology.

It has also stood the test of time. The Bible is the most loved and hated book of all time, and for thousands of years the haters have tried to destroy it, discredit it, ban it, etc.... yet to this day, the Bible is STILL the most read, studied, quoted, and top selling book of all time.

Then you have millions (or more likely, billions) of radically changed lives. I'm talking about people who come to Jesus and get born again. Spiritual birth is an actual thing, a very real event that occurs in a person's life that changes everything. As someone who has done missions work through an international Christian missions organization, I've met a lot of Christians...and I have heard so many absolutely amazing testimonies. I've encountered people who came from the worst possible past, and whose lives were completely turned around by Jesus. Why? Because Jesus IS God, incarnate. That's why so many lives all around the world have been completely changed when a person comes to Christ.

Also, Christianity is the only religion / worldview that I can think of that has an explanation for why things are the way they are, that matches with reality. What I mean by that is, Christianity teaches that this is a fallen world, temporarily run by evil people and the lowercase "god of this world", who is the enemy of God. To me, that is so clear, but the important thing to know is that it's just temporary. The true ruler of this world WILL return, and will right all the wrongs and bring justice and peace. And this world will go back to how it was always meant to be from the very beginning… a world of peace and harmony.... as opposed to evil, corruption, war, etc.

Those are just a few reasons. I could go on, but I wasn't planning to write an essay here. :)

I'll just end with this..... As I mentioned before around here many times, I was a nonbeliever for many years. Coming to Christ was without a doubt the best decision I ever made, the best thing that ever happened to me. Being a child of God is a journey, and it can take years to grow and change.... but the important thing to know is that with God, all things work together for good, and the trajectory of one's life with God is always in the direction of GOOD.

Jesus said: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly."

If Christianity was false and evil, as you claim, then you wouldn't see so many lives radically changed for the better, and people who have actually experienced God's blessings, protection, provision, guidance, etc.

It's not who Jesus claimed to be, but who the church and the unknown Christian authors of the NT claimed he was.

Nearly 2000 fulfilled prophecies, and there will be more to come as we get closer to the end of this age.

What "prophecies"? Present a few that we should examine them. Furthermore, how do you know such supposed prophecies weren't written after the facts that were foretold? Present your case for the "prophecies". It should also be noted that Muslims, and Hindus, including Hare Krishna, also claim to have prophecies in their scriptures. Miracles, supernatural manifestations are also found in other religions, not just Christianity.

No other religion comes anywhere close to that.

Close to the Christian hype and zealous, exaggerated claims. Indeed, you're correct, Christendom is unique in that.

The odds of even a fraction of those prophecies being the result of chance is statistically impossible.

Present us with some prophecies, that way we can examine the text in context, in their original language and in light of reason.

Nonesense. The Bible is full of internal contradictions and inconsistencies. The Christian NT doesn't concord with its supposed OT, Hebraic foundation. The Biblical text is a quagmire of different claims, theologies and contradictions, written by unknown authors.

Completely irrelevant and proves nothing. Fictional stories, novels, often contain actual, accurate geographical information. Just because a science-fiction novel mentions NYC and a few of its neighborhoods and business establishments, doesn't imply that its science fiction story is historical and true.

It has also stood the test of time.

Appealing to the age of something or that the majority agree, is a logical fallacy:

The Bible is the most loved and hated book of all time, and for thousands of years the haters have tried to destroy it, discredit it, ban it, etc.... yet to this day, the Bible is STILL the most read, studied, quoted, and top selling book of all time.

Again, more illogical fallacies. Just because a religion or religious book is cherished and adhered to by the majority, doesn't make it true. Even the Bible disagrees with your fuzzy logic:

Deuteronomy 7:7:

"YHWH did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people."

God didn't choose the Israelites because they were a large, powerful nation, they were actually a small nation. There was a time in human history when the religions of Babylon, Persia, religions in India and China, had more adherents than the biblical, Israelite religion. Were those religions correct and the Israelites wrong, due to being a minority? Your silly, horrible logic, falls apart and only serves to reveal your desperation and lack of a legitimate argument.

Then you have millions (or more likely, billions) of radically changed lives.

Many different religions and spiritual traditions, change people's lives. More logical fallacies.

I'm talking about people who come to Jesus and get born again. Spiritual birth is an actual thing, a very real event that occurs in a person's life that changes everything. As someone who has done missions work through an international Christian missions organization, I've met a lot of Christians...and I have heard so many absolutely amazing testimonies. I've encountered people who came from the worst possible past, and whose lives were completely turned around by Jesus. Why? Because Jesus IS God, incarnate. That's why so many lives all around the world have been completely changed when a person comes to Christ.

Again, not unique to Christianity. People have similar stories of change, in other religions and even in help groups like the AA (Alcoholic Anonymous) and NA (Narcotics Anonymous). I actually know people personally who have transformed their lives through AA and NA, and through other programs, that aren't even religious.

Also, Christianity is the only religion / worldview that I can think of that has an explanation for why things are the way they are, that matches with reality.

Nonsense. Actually other religions, like Hinduism, particularly the Hare Krishnas, have a much more convincing theology and explanation than Christianity does. One could argue that this is a matter of personal opinion, and we all know that opinions are like heads, everyone has one.

What I mean by that is, Christianity teaches that this is a fallen world, temporarily run by evil people and the lowercase "god of this world", who is the enemy of God.

The Hare Krishnas, speak of Karma, and how all life on this planet and throughout the material universe, are currently in a prison. This is like hell, and we can return to the spiritual universe or the kingdom of Krishna./God, by repenting of our sins and serving Him. Reincarnation makes a lot better sense than Christianity has to offer, which amounts to "figure it all out in one life time or burn in hell for all eternity". That's just a bunch of nonsense.

To me, that is so clear....

Yes to you, it's clear, but not to me and many others.

but the important thing to know is that it's just temporary. The true ruler of this world WILL return, and will right all the wrongs and bring justice and peace.

Justice and peace is casting everyone in hell for all eternity who didn't convert to Christianity? How does that make any sense at all? That's gobbledygook. Wicked, evil spiritual terrorism.

And this world will go back to how it was always meant to be from the very beginning… a world of peace and harmony.... as opposed to evil, corruption, war, etc.

But if your family didn't convert to Protestant, Evangelical Christianity, they will be tortured by your god, for all eternity, in his hell-realm, where he keeps human-spirits conscious and suffering forever. That's evil and ridiculous.

You could go on with the Christian tripe.

Jesus said: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly."

Christianity isn't the only religion that transforms lives for the better, so your point is moot. There is one mountain and many paths to the summit. God is on top and many paths can reach Him, not just Christianity. Your interpretation of Christianity turns Christianity into an evil religion. The vast majority of Christians unfortunately, don't define or interpret Christianity like Meriweather.

Last edited:
I did not. Knowing the etymology I know the original intent of the words; knowing the English, I saw how you are thinking of an entirely different meaning. The twain don't meet.

The Greek definitions are clear that the writer meant Jesus died for the sins of others, to propitiate and atone, paying a ransom. You can pretend otherwise, but that's what it clearly states in the Greek and that's how the vast majority of Christians, including scholars, interpret those passages.

Two different words.

Word is a name for Jesus:
John 1:1-18 The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him. In him there was life, and that life was the light of all people.

word is a name for scripture:
1 Thessalonians 2:13 And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

Forum List

Back