Why is Stormy Daniels Above the Law?

^^^ I should add, there is a lot of grey area here.

If the story is not true, it's a pretty clear attempt to extort money. If the story is true, the person has a right to go public with it, and an NDA is a legal way to prevent that from happening.

I think it would be hard to bring an extortion charge against her, the State would have to prove her story was not true and her motive was to enrich herself.

Her attorney is the one who approached AMI- it was not the other way around. Same with McDougal.

It wasn't like Pecker just heard these stories were out there on the open market, and tracked down the attorney on his own initiative.

I don't think there is really any dispute that they bought the stories to. suppress them.

Correct. "Her attorney is the one who approached AMI-..." which is what I said.

Daniels approached the media (a.k.a. American Media, Inc.) was a media company where Pecker was the CEO and they published the National Enquirer. She, through her lawyer, went to the media - not directly to Trump.

Which is what I said. It was when Pecker backed off because he found out from his lawyers that the "catch and kill" conspiracy was opening him to criminal jeopardy. That and FPOTUS#45 hadn't paid him back for the doorman and McDougal story yet and he wasn't a piggy-bank.

WW

Because it is apparently, not extortion....

There's a whole industry it seems of rich men like Trump cheating on their wives or needing political cover, or using their power over women's careers, or etc. etc. etc., and NDAs and catch and kills, and payoffs to keep their sexual trysts silent with lawyers hired on both sides that have expertise in it....

Quite a rude awakening for me! Especially the catch and kill schemes with rags like the National Enquirer and their friends in high places!

Trump LIED about "Having sex with that woman", you HAVE to agree with THAT!

NOT that this lie matters on whether he dogged her or not, that is not part of the indictment...

But important on the why he falsified his business records to cover Cohen's and Stormy's NDA doings for Trump up... the NDA with purpose to help him with his campaign (which was in the mist of a Cat 5 hurricane of Access Hollywood according to Hope), when falsifying the payment records...is my understanding....
Is that question standard for all who want to be president. Biden himself has a history of ill behavior to women. Why do Democrats pretend he did nothing wrong when we see how he is with children who are girls?

Correct. "Her attorney is the one who approached AMI-..." which is what I said.

Daniels approached the media (a.k.a. American Media, Inc.) was a media company where Pecker was the CEO and they published the National Enquirer. She, through her lawyer, went to the media - not directly to Trump.

Which is what I said. It was when Pecker backed off because he found out from his lawyers that the "catch and kill" conspiracy was opening him to criminal jeopardy. That and FPOTUS#45 hadn't paid him back for the doorman and McDougal story yet and he wasn't a piggy-bank.

WW
Well you said:

"She didn't go to FPOTUS#45 and say give me money or I'll tell my story."

When you say she went to "the media", that is a pretty broad category. If you mean AMI, you should say AMI.

Of course she didn't take it to Trump directly, no one is making that accusation. Davidson had a relationship with AMI, and he brought it to them. I imagine he must have known that Pecker and Trump were friends, and he had sold at least one other story about Trump to AMI prior to Daniels.

It would not surprise me if sleazy shyster Cohen and sleazy shyster Avanatti colluded on this to get the legal fees.

Well you said:

"She didn't go to FPOTUS#45 and say give me money or I'll tell my story."

When you say she went to "the media", that is a pretty broad category. If you mean AMI, you should say AMI.

Of course she didn't take it to Trump directly, no one is making that accusation. Davidson had a relationship with AMI, and he brought it to them. I imagine he must have known that Pecker and Trump were friends, and he had sold at least one other story about Trump to AMI prior to Daniels.

American Media, Inc. and the National Enquirer is literally the media.

Other media outlets didn't practice checkbook journalism (CNN, FOX, ABC, MSN, etc.) so her peeps when to a media outlet they knew would cut a check.

WW

American Media, Inc. and the National Enquirer is literally the media.

Other media outlets didn't practice checkbook journalism (CNN, FOX, ABC, MSN, etc.) so her peeps when to a media outlet they knew would cut a check.

WW
Okay, when you refer to "the media", I will know you are only talking about one media company.

If AMI is the only company that will pay for a story, why the threats to sell it to someone else?

CNN:

Publicist said she could sell Daniels' story once Trump started campaigning, according to Daniels​

After Donald Trump began running for president in 2015, Stormy Daniels confirms that her publicist Gina Rodriguez reached out and said she could sell the story of Daniels' affair with Trump.

Daniels says "lots of people" reached out to her.

But before the "Access Hollywood" tape came out, Rodriguez was not successful in selling the story, she says.

Is that question standard for all who want to be president. Biden himself has a history of ill behavior to women. Why do Democrats pretend he did nothing wrong when we see how he is with children who are girls?
He's not sexually abusing them....

Yes, little girls remind him of his daughter who was killed in the car accident with his first wife.
Okay, when you refer to "the media", I will know you are only talking about one media company.

If AMI is the only company that will pay for a story, why the threats to sell it to someone else?

CNN:

Publicist said she could sell Daniels' story once Trump started campaigning, according to Daniels​

After Donald Trump began running for president in 2015, Stormy Daniels confirms that her publicist Gina Rodriguez reached out and said she could sell the story of Daniels' affair with Trump.

Daniels says "lots of people" reached out to her.

But before the "Access Hollywood" tape came out, Rodriguez was not successful in selling the story, she says.
The Star is another tabloid that likely does the same....

He's not sexually abusing them....

Yes, little girls remind him of his daughter who was killed in the car accident with his first wife.
You Democrats are amazing. If a crime is said to be done by Trump, you never defend Trump. If a crime is said to be done by Biden, fast as lightning you claim he is not guilty. All because Biden is a sucking Democrat. No other reason exists.

The Star is another tabloid that likely does the same....
Oh I'm sure there are dozens of them. And TV shows too, like Access Hollywood, TMZ, etc.

There is an entire rumor-mill industry built around celebrities, with everyone wanting to get "the scoop". Paparazzi's running around taking candid pictures of people on vacations, alleging affairs, whatever. It's all for sale...

Oh I'm sure there are dozens of them. And TV shows too, like Access Hollywood, TMZ, etc.

There is an entire rumor-mill industry built around celebrities, with everyone wanting to get "the scoop". Paparazzi's running around taking candid pictures of people on vacations, alleging affairs, whatever. It's all for sale...
The main tree media is no better, anymore. They don’t bother paying, they just make stuff up and attributed to “a source.”

You Democrats are amazing. If a crime is said to be done by Trump, you never defend Trump. If a crime is said to be done by Biden, fast as lightning you claim he is not guilty. All because Biden is a sucking Democrat. No other reason exists.

It is a strong, well developed, and reinforced echo chamber that the Democrat Media Bubble Cult has.

Impenetrable.

What crime is said to be done by Biden? Start there....
What proof is there that these alleged crimes were committed?

I grew up with Trump, in the news and tabloids when young while living in New York City, (Brooklyn) for a few years and visiting and living with my grandparents who lived there for decades... I don't think I've ever known him or seen him do an honest thing in his life or a good thing in his life, unless something great was in it for himself... He's always conning or dicking or lying about someone. So yeah, I would presume he is lying first....right off the bat... I admit it!

Joe is Joe....I never was enamored with him....He was always trying to be the likeable guy to both republicans and democrats, and quite often stuck his foot in his mouth as a Senator all those decades, I've never supported him for President before, because the other candidates seemed a bit quicker, and smarter....BUT my lack of support for him previously was NOT because for one second did I believe he was a crook, or a sexual abuser...he seemed to be very faithful to Jill and had a very tight family who really loved him....

I think his decades of experience in the government system and the know how on how things get done, who does them, and the who's who in foreign affairs, and lessons learned while on the Judiciary Committee, gives him the experience to handle being president now....and an edge above his opponent.

Wouldn't that $130,000 that Trump paid to Daniels be reported as income to IRS? There should be a record.

Wouldn't that $130,000 that Trump paid to Daniels be reported as income to IRS? There should be a record.

FPOTUS#45 never paid Daniels $130K.

It was Cohen that paid Daniels.

Why? The bank transfers were testified to in court and no claim that Cohen DIDN'T pay Daniels. But sure, she would have claimed it as income.

WW

Forum List

Back