why not break up the US into 10 smaller countries?

each one would STILL have far more power (given a few nukes) than 95% of the rest of the world's countries. What is it that you don't like about the idea, hmm? maybe the split up would mean that you can't sit around on your arse, living off of other people? Maybe you could not feel "tough" while "your" troops go oppress other countries in your name? What makes you afraid of this outcome, hmm? Nobody attacks Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, dozens of other rich, small countries, even tho they AInT got nukes. A VERy few nukes suffice to guarantee that Isreal will never be attacked by any large group of people, in any organized fashion, and Isreal doesn't have nuke missiles, nor missile subs. The 8-10 smaller frags of the US could have a nuke missile sub EACH, and have a treaty to defend each other, too. there's nothing to be afraid of, except your own personal weakness and incompetence.

I think that generally that would hurt each of the resulting countries a bit economically.

But I do think some of the larger states should split up into smaller states because they, and thus their citizens, are being unfairly treated in the Senate.....There is no rational reason Rhode Island should have the same amount of Senators as California.

IT DON'T MATTER IF IT WAS LEGAL OR NOT

God damn girl the UN is crap, no Fucking jurdisic system in the world is going to have any power to stop a bunch of states from going there own way if they gained more military power.

The legal crap is over.

so carbon is a female? might explain some of her posts. probably a bull dyke.

Then I'm going to assume you are in the photo below...

10392384_553079914821527_6656563141699279804_n.jpg
No my AV my real picture, my blue pit and me :)

We know which is the intelligent one of the two. :D
it's like driving miss daisy with you.

My offer is still on the table, IM me I will send you a plane ticket to Greenville SC one of the fastest rising cities in the south.

According to the latest Census data, 9 of the 10 states with the lowest per-person income levels were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, Idaho, West Virginia, Kentucky, Utah, Alabama, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

The Census data also show that 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median household income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

And 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median family income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana and South Carolina.

The only Blue state on each list: New Mexico.

By the way, 9 of the 10 states with the highest per-person income voted Blue in the 2012 presidential race: Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Virginia and Washington. The only Red state on the list: Alaska.

Pro-Democrat group says 9 of the 10 poorest states are Republican PolitiFact Rhode Island

God damn girl the UN is crap, no Fucking jurdisic system in the world is going to have any power to stop a bunch of states from going there own way if they gained more military power.

The legal crap is over.

Why would I be in your family portrait? That looks like a park in upstate New York.

That's the KKK in Missouri. And I'm guessing you're the one with the cane on the left.

Hey I am I am offering you a free trip, since you are to Fucking poor to see the south today.

Why would I be in your family portrait? That looks like a park in upstate New York.
Red these children don't have a clue. They are so raised in poverty, so indoctrinated, they don't know what the rest of the country is doing, yet they continue to vote for democrats.

That make their life's worse

Lets take a trip to Mississippi, shall we?

you are burning upset , you never been to Mississippi have you? The north west side have you?

Its a Fucking disaster area still is thanks to democrats

The road by the Mississippi is still bad , but its not hillbillies that make it that way, guess again....

Biloxi Mississippi is the most beautiful place on earth

But you don't travel and don't have a clue

I'm talking about the entire state. It is a disaster.

My offer is still on the table, IM me I will send you a plane ticket to Greenville SC one of the fastest rising cities in the south.

According to the latest Census data, 9 of the 10 states with the lowest per-person income levels were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, Idaho, West Virginia, Kentucky, Utah, Alabama, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

The Census data also show that 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median household income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

And 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median family income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana and South Carolina.

By the way, 9 of the 10 states with the highest per-person income voted Blue in the 2012 presidential race: Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Virginia and Washington. The only Red state on the list: Alaska.

Pro-Democrat group says 9 of the 10 poorest states are Republican PolitiFact Rhode Island
oh Fucking please, you never bothered to equate the power of the dollar in red states compared to blue states , dumb fuck

Again my smokes are $1.19 a pack for 20

That's the KKK in Missouri. And I'm guessing you're the one with the cane on the left.

Hey I am I am offering you a free trip, since you are to Fucking poor to see the south today.

Red these children don't have a clue. They are so raised in poverty, so indoctrinated, they don't know what the rest of the country is doing, yet they continue to vote for democrats.

That make their life's worse

Lets take a trip to Mississippi, shall we?

you are burning upset , you never been to Mississippi have you? The north west side have you?

Its a Fucking disaster area still is thanks to democrats

The road by the Mississippi is still bad , but its not hillbillies that make it that way, guess again....

Biloxi Mississippi is the most beautiful place on earth

But you don't travel and don't have a clue

I'm talking about the entire state. It is a disaster.

I think you have your M states mixed up. Its Maryland that is a disaster. But since you are an idiot with a single digit IQ, we will make exceptions for you.

AGAIN you never traveled, moron I know the south as well as I know the Midwest and North east and Arizona

oh Fucking please, you never bothered to equate the power of the dollar in red states compared to blue states , dumb fuck

Here that, idiot NeoClowns? You can kill yourself for less in South Carolina. Yahoooo!

South Carolina ranks # 42 in education.

The United States is not the Soviet Union.
No its not. The Russians all thought of themselves as Russian. The Soviet Union was not torn apart by tribalism.

And that is not going to happen here.

and you know that how?

He knows it the same Gobachev and King George III knew it.

Show me the percentage of Americans who actively seek to dissolve the United States and you'll then know why it is not going to happen here.

How many people were actively seeking to end slavery in 1850?

Here that, idiot NeoClowns? You can kill yourself for less in South Carolina. Yahoooo!

South Carolina ranks # 42 in education.
You are stupid as shit, a born and raised Chicago guy for 38 year's, hence bear

I gave up the democrat bull shit, taxes and Unions and left, will never go back.

I know chicago and the streets, like I know the back of my hand, somethings change somethings remain the same, like democrats and unions rapping that city dry.

each one would STILL have far more power (given a few nukes) than 95% of the rest of the world's countries. What is it that you don't like about the idea, hmm? maybe the split up would mean that you can't sit around on your arse, living off of other people? Maybe you could not feel "tough" while "your" troops go oppress other countries in your name? What makes you afraid of this outcome, hmm? Nobody attacks Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, dozens of other rich, small countries, even tho they AInT got nukes. A VERy few nukes suffice to guarantee that Isreal will never be attacked by any large group of people, in any organized fashion, and Isreal doesn't have nuke missiles, nor missile subs. The 8-10 smaller frags of the US could have a nuke missile sub EACH, and have a treaty to defend each other, too. there's nothing to be afraid of, except your own personal weakness and incompetence.

You'd have to be seriously brain damaged to think up shit like this.

Now I can understand exactly what those boneheads in California are looking for with their proposal to breakup the golden state into five or six states, tilt the U.S. Senate playing field in their favor, but your proposal is just plain fucken stupid.

The blue. states will never get my talent again, I will teach these dumb rednecks how to beat the blue states. ....

With the last breath I take and I am not the only one, who hates democrats and unions.

Successful like Mississippi? lol

Have you ever been to Mississippi? It is quite successful. New York city has more in poverty than MS.

Their action would be neither legal nor constitutional. That's all I said. I am right.
would it matter if the succeeding states had more military power? You are not right.

That wouldn't make it legal or constitutional.

The British considered the declaration of independence an illegal act. Do you know anything?

Of course secession would be considered illegal, but so what?

Go argue with your many rightwing USMB pals who insist that secession is legal then.

The legal crap is over.

The only reason the liberal turds make a big stink about whether it's "legal" or not is so they can justify slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people.

Will the South rise again? I mean out of poverty. lol

Take a trip to Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans, Birmingham, Charlotte, Nashville, Dallas, Orlando, Charleston, Lexington, Jackson, Biloxi, Baton Rouge, et al and then tell us how the south is in such terrible shape.

Then go to Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, cincinnatti, Gary Indiana, Cleveland.

then lets compare. Its not even close.

I've lived in Baltimore, and it's a shit hole. I'd burn the place down myself if I had to live there again.

What is it with the radical left? Were they born yesterday or are they intentionally stupid? "Nobody attacks Belgium" today because the greatest Country in the world saved Belgium twice during the 20th century and the U.S. dominated NATO has the power to protect Europe from conventional enemies. The U.S. and it's Allies kept Portugal and Spain from being overrun by the Nazi hoard. Israel is an American ally and as such it is guaranteed protection by the U.S. Why do you think people in Mid East countries that have been around for thousands of years still wallow in the dirt and fear being murdered by their own government while the U.S. has emerged as the greatest power in the world in 250 years? Different administrations come and go but the greatest document ever written, the U.S. Constitution guarantees freedom and that's what it is all about.

Go argue with your many rightwing USMB pals who insist that secession is legal then.

It doesn't matter if its legal or not, thats the point, idiot.

In fact, the constitutions of several states provide for secession from the USA, so it would be legal in those states.

Now, since you claim it would be illegal based on federal statutes, please cite the statute making secession illegal.

Secession is illegal because the states do not have the right ignore federal laws, any more than you do.

For starters, states are the residence of millions of US citizens. Their rights, protections, and responsibilities as US citizens cannot be arbitrarily erased by a state government.

US citizens can renounce their citizenship, a majority of the citizens of any state or states could do the same thing. It would not be illegal.

but since you think it would be, what court would enforce it?

Did a British court rule the declaration of independence illegal? Did it matter?

The members of the Sovereign Citizen movement have already declared themselves immune and exempt from any federal, state, and local laws that they don't approve of.

Are they? Have they legally 'seceded'?

It doesn't work that way, idiot. If they renounced their US citizenship they would have to leave the country. If they remain in the US they remain subject to its laws.

We are talking about states seceding, not individuals or groups of individuals

Its a throretical discussion because none of us really thinks its going to happen.

Not for a couple of decades, at any rate. ;)

The premise is ludicrous, but for the sake of argument, let's follow it through - red state and blue state America split into two countries.

Let's talk trade balance. What do red states produce that blue states need? Where is most of the wealth to begin with?

Blue states have computers, ipods, cars, and a good chunk* of the food - not to mention essentially all of the international markets.

What do you guys have?

*edited.
I think the idea of red-blue state falls apart quickly.

If the nation were to fall apart, the country sides would want to rid themselves of the cities. Most blue states being blue b/c of the population of the cities.

but if the states survived as is, you have the northeast, westcoast and Il. Il produces lots of food and doesn't have a hatred of it's farmers, the NE is thin for food, the WC hates it's farmers, clearly and will suffer the need to import.

red states of lots of replenishable resources and industry

the reality is that blue nation would have to import-export, would have to import so that they could export.

To what end?

Tyranny of the majority. Conservatives are in the minority at the national level. If they could create smaller countries, enclaves of conservatism so to speak,

they could become the majority in those new states and thus impose their will.

It's really what states' rights come down to.
U.S. Liberals at Record 24 but Still Trail Conservatives

look, you almost learned something today

Is that why President McCain is a two termer?
Like I said; "look, you almost learned something today."

b/c I knew you actually couldn't learn.

Forum List

Back