Why Only Idiots Don't Go To College

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

s1.jpg

If it's money you want ... don't bother with schooling ... you're better off in the work force ... proper spelting, grammering and puncturing is overratted ... I quit high school half-way through ... hasn't hurt me none ... I can read and comprehend IRS tax publication ... somethin' you middle class egg-heads can't seem to do ...

If it's money you want ... don't bother with schooling ... you're better off in the work force ... proper spelting, grammering and puncturing is overratted ... I quit high school half-way through ... hasn't hurt me none ... I can read and comprehend IRS tax publication ... somethin' you middle class egg-heads can't seem to do ...
It does help to know IRS taxsplaining if you like to cook the books...

It does help to know IRS taxsplaining if you like to cook the books...

Cooking the books is time consuming and doesn't really save all the much money ... compared to all the lawful loop-holds and tax breaks, where one need only keep an honest set of books ... I take it you've never done any serious bookkeeping ... there's a number of tax deductions that require full-cycle double-entry accounting ... God-awful labor intensive, not worth my time to have to do this twice ... I was paying $0 in taxes* under the law, why would I cheat? ...

* = Federal, Oregon uses a flat tax of 9% on all income ...

It use to be that any college degree meant a path to success. Of course back then you were considered well educated if you graduated from High School as the 8th grade was the norm.

However, that has changed. Now college is an extension of High School in a lot of subject areas.

Unless you major in Engineering, one of the real sciences or medical programs you are no more employable than somebody with only a High School diploma. Some business fields like accounting could pay off.

Social Science degrees are worthless as are Humanities.

The other thing is that if you go to a Liberal university you are going to graduate functionally illiterate in a lot of areas. You will be brainwashed with destructive ideas that will not serve you well in life.

It use to be that any college degree meant a path to success. Of course back then you were considered well educated if you graduated from High School as the 8th grade was the norm.

However, that has changed. Now college is an extension of High School in a lot of subject areas.

Unless you major in Engineering, one of the real sciences or medical programs you are no more employable than somebody with only a High School diploma. Some business fields like accounting could pay off.

The other thing is that if you go to a Liberal university you are going to graduate functionally illiterate in a lot of areas. You will be brainwashed with destructive ideas that will not serve you well in life.
I studied humanities because I like the subject so it wasn't a waste, sociology is my best subject and it employs a wide variety of people who study it.

High schools are paid for with tax dollars ... and the first thing a conservative government will cut ... so high schools DON'T provide the education it once did ... folks have to go to college now to work jobs where only a high school education is required, just the kids can't get that education in high school ...

Not without enormus amounts of tax dollars being spent on our high schools ... conservatives are fine with CEOs making $10 million a year, so they should be fine with high school principals making the same ...

The other half of the problem is liberal parents who can't be bothered to show up ... at school ... for any reason ... too busy making Catholics pay for free abortion services for illegal immigrants ... "You have to pay $100,000 per year to be a plumber?" ... ah, there are some advantages to being an educated liberal ...

I quit high school too. It didn't keep me out of pre-med. Nor did it keep me from a number of positions in Seattle's largest hospitals and clinics, as well as a job with the US Attorney's office in Seattle.

OOPS! I also owned a small art gallery. Gee, I didn't need a lot of schooling for that.

Everywhere I got, I got there due to drive and focus and curiosity, none of which they teach in any American schools.

High schools are paid for with tax dollars ... and the first thing a conservative government will cut ... so high schools DON'T provide the education it once did ... folks have to go to college now to work jobs where only a high school education is required, just the kids can't get that education in high school ...

Not without enormus amounts of tax dollars being spent on our high schools ... conservatives are fine with CEOs making $10 million a year, so they should be fine with high school principals making the same ...
You are confused about this.

Money doesn't equate to better education. Especially in the public school system that is dumbed down to pass low IQ minority students.

I sent my sons to a private school. The school spent half the money per student as the public schools in the district and had much higher achievement scores.

Because of the dumbing down of the public schools we have many students that graduate functionally illiterate and no amount of additional money is going to change that.

College was a good thing for me. I majored in Engineering and made a good living and have a nice retirement.

Had I majored in one of the Social Sciences or Humanties I probably would have never been able to make any money. I would have been better off financially being an electrician.

Sarcasm I can handle, BS not so much. How much does a Journeyman Plumber make in Virginia? As of Sep 6, 2022, the average annual pay for a Journeyman Plumber in Virginia is $58,931 a year, not $100,000 as claimed. The best-paid 25 percent made $75,370, not $150,000.

I would agree that college is not for everyone.
That same plumber could make half again as much (tax free) working a few evenings and weekends under the table.....You need to learn how things work. ;)

Forum List

Back