Why public opinion polls are increasingly inaccurate

The article is correct - polling is at somewhat of a crossroads right now.

But use it as an excuse to ignore polls you don't like at your own risk, or end up making a fool of yourself. 2012 proved that one.

The Problem With Polls

Can't trust them a damn bit....even 538 got Michigan wrong for Hillary back in primary season.

You think the polls are increasingly inaccurate because they turned against Trump this week.
I have never in my life trusted the polls but watching them closer and closer this election cycle you see a real slant to them. Oh and according to some polls posted earlier ANY lead the bitch had has evaporated.

It's really just another example of where your worldview is completely wrong and at odds with the real world. Why do you want to replay the '12 election when it obviously didn't work out the way you were told it would? One day you'll learn not to believe the RW media. :laugh:

It's really just another example of where your worldview is completely wrong and at odds with the real world. Why do you want to replay the '12 election when it obviously didn't work out the way you were told it would? One day you'll learn not to believe the RW media. :laugh:
I don't believe ANY mainstream media.

Look at state to state polls and the margin of error and if the race is close in the polls then your guess is as good as anyone but if it is lopsided then you can count the polls will be accurate.

National Polls are meaningless in this election to me and what need to be watched is battleground states and if Trump is in a few percentage points in a swing state then you might count it as his but if he is down by more than 10 points then kiss it goodbye...

The Problem With Polls

Can't trust them a damn bit....even 538 got Michigan wrong for Hillary back in primary season.

You think the polls are increasingly inaccurate because they turned against Trump this week.
I have never in my life trusted the polls but watching them closer and closer this election cycle you see a real slant to them. Oh and according to some polls posted earlier ANY lead the bitch had has evaporated.

Which polls show the Clinton lead gone?

The transparency of the RW'ers flipping on the accuracy of the polls as soon as Trumped began to crash is so outrageous that it almost looks like parody.

The Problem With Polls

Which polls show the Clinton lead gone?
http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/

The transparency of the RW'ers flipping on the accuracy of the polls as soon as Trumped began to crash is so outrageous that it almost looks like parody.
Unlike the typical republican etc I have maintained my belief the polls are full of shit.

But use it as an excuse to ignore polls you don't like at your own risk, or end up making a fool of yourself. 2012 proved that one.

Likewise, have faith in the polls you do like at your own risk. I have an issue with some of the Reuters polls that have 3 margins of error--1 for democrats, 1 for republicans and 1 for others that mix up online and telephone polling together. They don't call it a margin of error. I think they call it a "confidence index" or something like that.

Polling is functionally extinct. Social media modeling is probably going to be the most accurate indicator in 20 years.

Unlike the typical republican etc I have maintained my belief the polls are full of shit.

Then why were you citing me a poll one post before this?

lolol

Yes, Trumpsters. Even the Donald is paying attention to the polls. It is evident in his endorsement last night of all the establishment Republicans he wouldn't endorse until now. You think it's because he changed his mind about those people? Oh, no. It was because his numbers slipped.

Yes, Trumpsters. Even the Donald is paying attention to the polls. It is evident in his endorsement last night of all the establishment Republicans he wouldn't endorse until now. You think it's because he changed his mind about those people? Oh, no. It was because his numbers slipped.

Trump is now onto the 'rigged election' thing...an obvious move to begin the excuse making and blameshifting after he loses.

When pollsters stack the deck for a screaming headline, I would like to see them punished.

Marist over sampled D's by 12%. Turns out FOX over sampled by 6 %.

Then they run around saying Clinton has won.

:lmao:

But the numbers slipping is a lie.

Forum List

Back