Why should the Feds subsidize state taxes?

House Tax Writer Gives Ground on a State and Local Tax Break

Why don't people in shitholes like new yuck just demand the state stops stealing their shit? They should not be getting federal tax credit because their states steal so much from them. This is a bullshit "compromise" and I hope it can be followed up on when the democrooks lose a few more seats in 2018 and some republicrats seats get taken by some actual opposition to regressive nanny statist policy.
Why should I be taxed twice on the same income

The money I pay to the state, I never see
Why should the federal government tax me on income the state took?

You shouldn't be taxed twice on the same income.

You pay your dues to Feds, just like everyone else. If your state tax you again on the same income, than you ask them the same question...

In regards the last question... to pay for those federal programs you keep voting for.

Yes.......really.

The company that handles our IRA accounts continued to take our contributions, but stopped buying shares. They held on to all that money until the bottom was reached and the market showed signs of recovery. When they dumped all that money in, it was like getting a 2 for 1 sale. The prices were down and the investment company bought tons of shares for their customers. When the market nearly totally recovered, our IRA accounts were in much better shape than before the recession.
Buy low, sell high

Not as easy as it seems

Correct. That's why people lost money. It's hard to make real money. That's why I have respect for people like Trump and other wealthy people. They were able to do things most of us can't do.
They play by a different set of rules than we do

Sometimes, but most of it is heavily regulated by the government.

I spent several years in commodities. I loved it, but never got rich on it. I read books on people that made millions in a short time. Not only is it possible, but it happens all the time with commodities. So I respect the people that did things differently than I did. Some of it luck, most started out with more than I put in, but they found their dream. I admire that.

They have a different set of rules on investing in commodities. You think it is pure luck ....they make their own luck

I said pure luck?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Why don't people in shitholes like new yuck just demand the state stops stealing their shit? They should not be getting federal tax credit because their states steal so much from them. This is a bullshit "compromise" and I hope it can be followed up on when the democrooks lose a few more seats in 2018 and some republicrats seats get taken by some actual opposition to regressive nanny statist policy.

New York's in better shape than a lot of the Southern states like Mississhitsi, or Alabuma.
Those states are net takers.
I guess it's okay that they get money coming in from New York.

How is a tax break on property taxes a "federal subsidy"? Not everyone in New York State lives in the City. Property tax breaks would stimulate the economy in a dozen ways.
I'm from a low tax state, we pay our way with no frills. Why should high tax states not pay their fair share of Federal taxes? Eliminate the tax deduction, we need to fund the Federal government fairly across all of the States. A compromise could be to limit the deduction.

Suddenly, lefties are against paying the "fair share".

That’s an issue you need to take up with your state. Why should other tax payers have to deal with yalls bad voting habits?

Why should anyone get a tax break?

How is a tax break on property taxes a "federal subsidy"? Not everyone in New York State lives in the City. Property tax breaks would stimulate the economy in a dozen ways.
I'm from a low tax state, we pay our way with no frills. Why should high tax states not pay their fair share of Federal taxes? Eliminate the tax deduction, we need to fund the Federal government fairly across all of the States. A compromise could be to limit the deduction.

What is your fair share?

State taxes are state taxes and Federal taxes are Federal taxes, and they are based on "income" separately, then there are property taxes and state sales taxes and tax on gas, and excise taxes and taxes on TV and taxes on everything else, get it??
I am paying over 40 percent of my income in federal, state and local taxes
Why should the Fed Govt be taxing me on income that went to another level of government

Pay your fair share.

State taxes are state taxes and Federal taxes are Federal taxes, and they are based on "income" separately, then there are property taxes and state sales taxes and tax on gas, and excise taxes and taxes on TV and taxes on everything else, get it??
Why should the Fed Govt be taxing me on income that went to another level of government

Pay your fair share.

I'll tell you what is fair, anyone making more than me needs to pay taxes, not me.

Because A. It is a tax on income. B. You chose to live there, not our problem. C. Simplification is a must.
Deducting the taxes I pay to state and local is pretty simple

It's even simpler if there is nothing to deduct.

Don't get me wrong, I am against federal income taxes, and I think they should not exist.

But since they do exist, than everyone should be paying for them, regardless where they live.

If you think your state taxes are high, move where they're lower, or where there are none.

What is your fair share?

I pay feds 33% of my income.

Than I get refunds for taxes I overpaid.

I say, I'm paying too much, comparing to nearly half that don't pay fed income tax.

The only fair share would be flat tax for everyone.

What is your fair share?

I say, I'm paying too much, comparing to at nearly half that don't pay fed income tax.

A flat tax would be fair but would kill the US political system.

What is your fair share?

I say, I'm paying too much, comparing to at nearly half that don't pay fed income tax.

A flat tax would be fair but would kill the US political system.

Not necessarily. It would kill lobbying and special interest control over politicians.

If politician cant play giveaway games for certain groups, he/she would have no power.

1. Limit deductions for State taxes to be more fair to all states
2. Fix the entitlements, add a year to SS (dead 2037) retirement ages, and fix Medicare (dead 2028).
3. Keep the death tax
4. Keep the same tax rate for the top 10%
5. Cut corporate tax rate to 20% (or they leave and take good jobs with them)
6. Add a small border adjustment tax to pay for the tax cuts

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many.
Why should GOVT retire at 55 or 50, but a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone.
You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough. Its called "disability" if needed, make SS 63 & 67

#3. Preposterous. double taxation. Single taxation, you pay tax, then die, (taxed once), kids inherit windfall income, pay tax once.

You do know that people (like me) that have a state retirement system are not eligible for SS disability?

Your information on the death tax is seriously in error. You pay income taxes will amassing your estate and then when you die, the federal government wants another cut before you pass it along. It is taxed twice.

2. Fix the entitlements, add a year to SS (dead 2037) retirement ages, and fix Medicare (dead 2028).
3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many. Why should GOVT retire at 55? 50? But a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone. You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough.

#3. Preposterous. double taxation.

Correct. When we hear of increasing the age to collect, it's usually by some guy with a microphone in front of him and the most he lifts at work is four pounds.

Try making a roofer work until the age of 67. Try making a construction laborer work until that age. Do you want to see an iron worker walking on those beams 20 stories high at 66 years old?

As you mentioned, even my career has to be considered. When my trailer is loaded, I'm piloting a 75,000 lbs vehicle on the road right behind you. When traffic comes to a sudden stop in a snow storm, do you want to be the in the car in front of me when I have to slam on the brakes and control that vehicle to a stop at 67?
You can retire at 62 now and collect SS and a pension/401k very comfortably. The greedy coxuckers that work until 70 just fuck up the system, that's why we have "mandatory retirement ages". Driving truck at 63 is not a challenge, trust me. At 67 or 70, yes, totally agree.

You can retire at 62 with a significantly reduced amount. I already cannot retire at full rate until I am 67 and 1/2. Most people aren't aware that is you were born in the late 50s or after, you have to work past 65 to get the full amount. This "raise the retirement age" is bullshit! It already has been done ages ago!

The main role of the IRS is not to collect revenue. In fact, the Federal government routinely runs trillion dollar deficits. They could really care less about paying bills.

No, the main object of the IRS is to punish political opponents and reward their allies cuz money matters to everyone else cuz they can't just print it like they do in the basement of the Fed.

To prove my point, Obama had the IRS target conservative groups, something that was proven and something Obama apologized for and that was the end of it. He did it with impunity, so what? Case closed.

Today, Trump goes after the NFL who went after him with their national anthem protests that targeted him, and now he is targeting liberal in liberal tax states by taking away their ability to deduct their state taxes from Federal taxes.

Does Trump care about the revenue generated from both examples? Hell no, it's just business as usual in Washington and will continue.

My main concern is when the government finally gets full control of health care. They will no doubt use it like they do the IRS, so that triple bypass may not get approved depending upon your political leanings.
What a stupid post

How is it wrong?

If you want tax perks, corporations better send in those "donations"
I just checked

It is funny

3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many. Why should GOVT retire at 55? 50? But a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone. You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough.

Correct. When we hear of increasing the age to collect, it's usually by some guy with a microphone in front of him and the most he lifts at work is four pounds.

Try making a roofer work until the age of 67. Try making a construction laborer work until that age. Do you want to see an iron worker walking on those beams 20 stories high at 66 years old?

As you mentioned, even my career has to be considered. When my trailer is loaded, I'm piloting a 75,000 lbs vehicle on the road right behind you. When traffic comes to a sudden stop in a snow storm, do you want to be the in the car in front of me when I have to slam on the brakes and control that vehicle to a stop at 67?
You can retire at 62 now and collect SS and a pension/401k very comfortably. The greedy coxuckers that work until 70 just fuck up the system, that's why we have "mandatory retirement ages". Driving truck at 63 is not a challenge, trust me. At 67 or 70, yes, totally agree.

You can retire at 62 with a significantly reduced amount. I already cannot retire at full rate until I am 67 and 1/2. Most people aren't aware that is you were born in the late 50s or after, you have to work past 65 to get the full amount. This "raise the retirement age" is bullshit! It already has been done ages ago!
Needs to be done again

People live well into their eighties

3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many.
Why should GOVT retire at 55 or 50, but a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone.
You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough. Its called "disability" if needed, make SS 63 & 67

#3. Preposterous. double taxation. Single taxation, you pay tax, then die, (taxed once), kids inherit windfall income, pay tax once.

You do know that people (like me) that have a state retirement system are not eligible for SS disability?

Your information on the death tax is seriously in error. You pay income taxes will amassing your estate and then when you die, the federal government wants another cut before you pass it along. It is taxed twice.
Money is taxed every time it changes hands

If you give money to your kids while you are alive, it is taxed

3. Keep the death tax

Imagine your average 70 year old still working on the factory floor because these morons in DC raised the retirement age to 70. And why do they want to raise it? Because those thieves used our SS money as a slush fund, spent OUR money, have no way of paying us back, so they hope if they raise the retirement age most people will die before they can collect a dime.

3. Keep the death tax

Imagine your average 70 year old still working on the factory floor because these morons in DC raised the retirement age to 70. And why do they want to raise it? Because those thieves used our SS money as a slush fund, spent OUR money, have no way of paying us back, so they hope if they raise the retirement age most people will die before they can collect a dime.
No slush fund

People are living longer

Forum List

Back