Why the Need for "Safe Zones" at Universities?

The GOP obsession with "safe spaces" is ridiculous. Wtf do you care? Don't like a "safe space," then don't GO TO a safe space. Problem solved.
They care because it violates the spirit of the 1st Amendment by creating areas within a government entity in which political speech is restricted. Could a state university set up a safe zone for Christian students in which only church approved speech could be heard? And would the response be, "If you don't like it, don't go there"?
Wtf? You don't even know what a "safe zone" is. If a Christian group gets together, and people aren't allowed to go in and disrupt it... guess what - that's a safe space. Happens all the time.

Please do some research on exactly what a "Safe Zone" is on a university campus.
Oh the irony

What is the underlying rationale? It seems that students of all ethnicities are already able to associate in whatever groups they want, so what is the actual need for official "safe zones" where they can exclude other students? Even if it confers a feeling of empowerment on these students, what does it ultimately accomplish within an educational context? Will it improve academic performance, or does it provide an excuse for lack thereof?

I wonder if it is a result of overly aggressive diversity goals in admissions which place less prepared students in competition with better prepared students? This type of mismatch can result in hostility and resentment that fuels a self-defeating belief in one's victimization. Why not let students proceed at their own pace?
In order to prepare young adults for the real world, safe zones are a requirement. Everyone knows life is nothing but being surrounded with people you agree with 100% of the time and never hear any alternate views.

The GOP obsession with "safe spaces" is ridiculous. Wtf do you care? Don't like a "safe space," then don't GO TO a safe space. Problem solved.
Sweet. Here comes leftard rushing in to defend safe zones.
And here, in typical fashion, we have a retarded conservative completely outraged by something that will never affect him.

And here, in typical fashion, we have a retarded conservative completely outraged by something that will never affect him.
Of course an entire generation of uneducated pussies will not affect anyone.

You and most others on the right are alone in demonstrating your lack of education.

And yet again: this is a moronic non-issue, another example of conservatives contriving a ‘controversy’ where none exists.

Democrat "safe zones" build racial tension just like the old Jim Crow democrat days of Segregation just like the white/black bathrooms.

Its PC based racism and nothing more.
Wrong.

It’s a ridiculous non-issue contrived by the right, an effort by conser.vatives to create a ‘controversy’ where none exists for some perceived partisan gain.

Since it is a FACT that these childish "safe zones" exist so how can you say that is a "non-issue". I mean without lying.
How are these safe zones impacting your life or hurting you?

Says the guy crying about safe zones as if they hurt him.

Democrat "safe zones" build racial tension just like the old Jim Crow democrat days of Segregation just like the white/black bathrooms.

Wrong.

It’s a ridiculous non-issue contrived by the right, an effort by conser.vatives to create a ‘controversy’ where none exists for some perceived partisan gain.

Since it is a FACT that these childish "safe zones" exist so how can you say that is a "non-issue". I mean without lying.
How is having an entire generation of uneducated spineless whiney cowards affecting me?
How would closing every university today affect you?

You and most others on the right are alone in demonstrating your lack of education.

And yet again: this is a moronic non-issue, another example of conservatives contriving a ‘controversy’ where none exists.
Yet another dumbass argument for idiotic safe zones.

Wrong.

Well Jefferson the safe zones in fact hurt the coloreds. The liberal democrats are once again teaching the ghetto bunnies they need to remain in their own group.

Wrong.

How is having an entire generation of uneducated spineless whiney cowards affecting me?
No dummy. I asked how were safe zones hurting you or impacting your life.

Wrong.

Well Jefferson the safe zones in fact hurt the coloreds. The liberal democrats are once again teaching the ghetto bunnies they need to remain in their own group.
Thats a weird claim Opi. The safe zones for Black people were thought up by Black students. What does that have to do with Democrats?

Wrong.

Is that the qualification for laughing at leftards, you have to be immediatly directly impacted?

Wrong.

Is that the qualification for laughing at leftards, you have to be immediatly directly impacted?
No its the qualification for claiming its an issue. I guess you forgot you disagreed that it was a non issue....I mean without lying right?

Wrong.

Thats a weird claim Opi. The safe zones for Black people were thought up by Black students. What does that have to do with Democrats?
The democrat controlled coloreds simply want quiet areas to push drugs on campus.

No its the qualification for claiming its an issue. I guess you forgot you disagreed that it was a non issue....I mean without lying right?
Quality of higher education is not an issue?
Figures the left believe that whopper.

Wrong.

The democrat controlled coloreds simply want quiet areas to push drugs on campus.
Really? I guess all those republican controlled whiteys need someone to sell them drugs?

"Palomar College Safe Zones are areas around the Palomar College campus where students who are the targets of hate speech, harassment, or bullying or those who need a safe place to talk can go without judgment based on their race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The Palomar College LGBTQ Safe Zone program was implemented by the Palomar College Committee to Combat Hate (PC3H) and is recognized by numerous professors, counselors, committees, and other faculty and staff at Palomar College with one mission in mind: Where you see a Safe Zone sticker, you know that you are safe."

Oh good, a place I can openly pray and read my Bible.

Quality of higher education is not an issue?
Figures the left believe that whopper.
The quality of higher education has not been impacted. You wouldnt know this since higher education is something you have never experienced.

Forum List

Back