Why the Need for "Safe Zones" at Universities?

What is the underlying rationale?

It's the same as "Whites only" drinking fountains. It is a way to separate the hated race from the race favored by the government.

It seems that students of all ethnicities are already able to associate in whatever groups they want, so what is the actual need for official "safe zones" where they can exclude other students? Even if it confers a feeling of empowerment on these students, what does it ultimately accomplish within an educational context? Will it improve academic performance, or does it provide an excuse for lack thereof?

I wonder if it is a result of overly aggressive diversity goals in admissions which place less prepared students in competition with better prepared students? This type of mismatch can result in hostility and resentment that fuels a self-defeating belief in one's victimization. Why not let students proceed at their own pace?

If you are white, you can't sit at that lunch counter.

"Palomar College Safe Zones are areas around the Palomar College campus where students who are the targets of hate speech, harassment, or bullying or those who need a safe place to talk can go without judgment based on their race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The Palomar College LGBTQ Safe Zone program was implemented by the Palomar College Committee to Combat Hate (PC3H) and is recognized by numerous professors, counselors, committees, and other faculty and staff at Palomar College with one mission in mind: Where you see a Safe Zone sticker, you know that you are safe."

Oh good, a place I can openly pray and read my Bible.
There is already a safe zone created for you. Its at least 30 years old.

Atheist students use federal law to pursue same rights as Christians for ‘secular safe zones’

"A 30-year-old federal law created to protect the right of Christian students to gather now is being used to protect the rights of students with opposite beliefs."

How is having an entire generation of uneducated spineless whiney cowards affecting me?
How would closing every university today affect you?
No dummy. I asked how were safe zones hurting you or impacting your life.
Is that the qualification for laughing at leftards, you have to be immediatly directly impacted?
No its the qualification for claiming its an issue. I guess you forgot you disagreed that it was a non issue....I mean without lying right?
Quality of higher education is not an issue?
Figures the left believe that whopper.
The quality of higher education has not been impacted. You wouldnt know this since higher education is something you have never experienced.
CRAFTY! A personal attack and lies in one post.

Of course you support safe zones, it is the way the world works.

"Palomar College Safe Zones are areas around the Palomar College campus where students who are the targets of hate speech, harassment, or bullying or those who need a safe place to talk can go without judgment based on their race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The Palomar College LGBTQ Safe Zone program was implemented by the Palomar College Committee to Combat Hate (PC3H) and is recognized by numerous professors, counselors, committees, and other faculty and staff at Palomar College with one mission in mind: Where you see a Safe Zone sticker, you know that you are safe."

Atheist students use federal law to pursue same rights as Christians for ‘secular safe zones’

"A 30-year-old federal law created to protect the right of Christian students to gather now is being used to protect the rights of students with opposite beliefs."
I'm going to a safe zone to pray and read my Bible.

No dummy. I asked how were safe zones hurting you or impacting your life.
Is that the qualification for laughing at leftards, you have to be immediatly directly impacted?
No its the qualification for claiming its an issue. I guess you forgot you disagreed that it was a non issue....I mean without lying right?
Quality of higher education is not an issue?
Figures the left believe that whopper.
The quality of higher education has not been impacted. You wouldnt know this since higher education is something you have never experienced.
CRAFTY! A personal attack and lies in one post.

Of course you support safe zones, it is the way the world works.
Yes I support safe zones. One always needs a place to unwind from the constant chipping at your defenses.

I dont think anyone will bother you in that cardboard box you call home.

So why are you bigoted against those that live in cardboard shacks?

So why are you bigoted against those that live in cardboard shacks?
What makes you think I am bigoted towards people that live in cardboard shacks?

Yes I support safe zones. One always needs a place to unwind from the constant chipping at your defenses.
Great preperation for the real world!
Yes. It teaches you to always have a place where you can unwind and feel safe.
Just like the real world!
Just got back from the funeral of a fallen Marine this morning. What kind of safe zones exist in the real world?
Well the ones you are whining about for starters. There is also your own home. If you need more then you should check with the VA or any exclusive club for white guys.

Just got back from the funeral of a fallen Marine this morning. What kind of safe zones exist in the real world?
Well the ones you are whining about for starters. There is also your own home. If you need more then you should check with the VA or any exclusive club for white guys.
So there is no such thing as a safe zone outside of the home and lefard land.
Got it.

Bunch of pansy pussies.

Democrat "safe zones" build racial tension just like the old Jim Crow democrat days of Segregation just like the white/black bathrooms.

Its PC based racism and nothing more.
Wrong.

It’s a ridiculous non-issue contrived by the right, an effort by conser.vatives to create a ‘controversy’ where none exists for some perceived partisan gain.

Since it is a FACT that these childish "safe zones" exist so how can you say that is a "non-issue". I mean without lying.
How are these safe zones impacting your life or hurting you?

Being a far left Progressive, I'm sure this is your opinion. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! Wherever freedom of choice is allowed, Conservatism wins. Little wonder Progressives need Conservatism muzzled. They cannot deal with the facts or the competition.

Got it.

Bunch of pansy pussies.
No dummy. You were just complaining about safe zones in college. I know you are against education but lots of people go to college not just lefties.

Democrat "safe zones" build racial tension just like the old Jim Crow democrat days of Segregation just like the white/black bathrooms.

Wrong.

It’s a ridiculous non-issue contrived by the right, an effort by conser.vatives to create a ‘controversy’ where none exists for some perceived partisan gain.

Since it is a FACT that these childish "safe zones" exist so how can you say that is a "non-issue". I mean without lying.
Well Jefferson the safe zones in fact hurt the coloreds. The liberal democrats are once again teaching the ghetto bunnies they need to remain in their own group.
Thats a weird claim Opi. The safe zones for Black people were thought up by Black students. What does that have to do with Democrats?

Did you really post: What do black students have to do with Democrats? You're being facetious are you not?

How does insulating anyone, during their education or any other time, from opposing viewpoints, help them?

Got it.

Bunch of pansy pussies.
No dummy. You were just complaining about safe zones in college. I know you are against education but lots of people go to college not just lefties.

Very true, but, as you well know and love, the faculty and administration ARE Progressives.

Wrong.

Well Jefferson the safe zones in fact hurt the coloreds. The liberal democrats are once again teaching the ghetto bunnies they need to remain in their own group.
Thats a weird claim Opi. The safe zones for Black people were thought up by Black students. What does that have to do with Democrats?

Did you really post: What do black students have to do with Democrats? You're being facetious are you not?

How does insulating anyone, during their education or any other time, from opposing viewpoints, help them?
Obviously your grasp of context needs a workout.

It gives them time to reflect and recuperate from constant bombardment. Are you guys really that uneducated about the human brain?

Wrong.

Being a far left Progressive, I'm sure this is your opinion. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY! Wherever freedom of choice is allowed, Conservatism wins. Little wonder Progressives need Conservatism muzzled. They cannot deal with the facts or the competition.
is that your attempt to deflect on the question instead of answering it or did you just want my attention?

Forum List

Back