Zone1 Why was a sourced article moved to conspiracy theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - it certainly wouldn't surprise if the claim is true. But you asked why it was moved to conspiracy theories --> you linked to gateway pundit and dailymail. I can't speak for the mods, but when I see sources like that, I take the post with a huge grain of salt, if I bother to read it at all.
Or maybe they're sellout marionettes for the owners, who have more concern for advertisers than real news.

Occam's razor and all that.

Aren't principles and healthy self esteem enough?
Having both would certainly lead to one turning down the offer, anyway.

It's like with me, (now setting aside the fact they hate me so this is all moot as all get up), but I am PERFECTLY satisfied with my life. I own my own business and don't even like to control my employees. I mostly leave them alone and am about the most libertarian boss imaginable. Power and control is not what motivates me.

Being a hall monitor would never appeal to me to begin with.

Okay - it certainly wouldn't surprise if the claim is true. But you asked why it was moved to conspiracy theories --> you linked to gateway pundit and dailymail. I can't speak for the mods, but when I see sources like that, I take the post with a huge grain of salt, if I bother to read it at all.
Gateway pundit burned me on a story I posted here a decade ago and I was so embarrassed I've never used them again...so I hear ya. But, that was apparently who was reporting on it at the time the thread was started. It's not my thread btw.

As you know, once a thread is started... that's the thread. I posted the NY Post link further down the thread and Godboy posted the Newsweek link.

What else can you do?

Last edited:
I'm just seeking parity.

How many threads have I read this year based on Raw Story, Occupy Democrats and rando tweets that don't end up moved anywhere...but a Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalists article is immediately relegated to Conspiracy Theories...

It's frustrating to see the rules applied unevenly.

I have no idea if this report is accurate or hogwash...but it should be left where it was posted for discussion by the members IMO.
I see your gripe, but I certainly wouldn't want to be mod and have to deal with the firehose of conspiracy crap that gets posted here.

A Pulitzer Prize winning investigative reporter writes a story with sources and it's moved to Conspiracy Theories?

Can the bias be any more pronounced?

flacaltenn, what is going on around here?

Things have been bad before... but this is the absolute worst it's ever been.

Because it is a lie!

I'm a certified diver. I know divers would not be used to sabotage a 100m deep pipeline. Death risk would be above 50%. Plus almost certain brain & organ damage would occur. It would take divers a month in a decompression chamber at that.

Which begs the question -- what kind of people sell their souls to the devil just to have power over others?

I respect those who say "I'm not going to represent this shit" I have nothing but scorn for those whose personal opinions are one thing, but are willing to sell their own views down the river by also selling out those who actually share them.

I have found a LOT of that here lately.

Douchebags in my experience.

Because it is a lie!

I'm a certified diver. I know divers would not be used to sabotage a 100m deep pipeline. Death risk would be above 50%. Plus almost certain brain & organ damage would occur. It would take divers a month in a decompression chamber at that.

You are so full of shit. 100m is NOTHING! Hell I know saturation divers that did work at 500m you ignorant boob.

Why don't you attempt that? That is an extremely risky stunt for a sabotage operation. There wouldn't be enough time for real work to happen. Drones would have been the only real choice for such an operation.
Scientific American is reporting the break at 70 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back