Why would anyone object to Virginia’s new gun laws?

I would also include the Commerce Clause in the constitution.

It's one simple sentence and there are no exceptions for weapons.

The government has the right to regulate commerce. Buying and selling a weapon is commerce.
I would also include that you’re an absolute moron. By that extreme and absurd standard - you’re purchasing internet access from an internet provider. That means you engaged in “commerce” for your first amendment right here. Which means you just lost that right. So sit down and shut the fuck up, sweetie.

Hey...your “standard”. :dunno:

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

Do you want someone capable to take him out before he shoots you?

Should that church a week ago have been a gun free zone, and allowed even more people to be killed?
Do you really want to live in a society where you can’t even pray in a house of worship without the fear that someone will put a bullet in you?

We already do.

All a person has to do is a simple search on church shooting and a list of them will pop up.

That is what the weapons nuts have done to America. Make it not safe to even go to a place of worship or into a school or a mall or movie theater without being murdered by a crazy person with a weapon.

Let us know your winning strategy for preventing 'crazy people' from obtaining firearms.

WITHOUT infringing on the rights on the non-crazies.
Red flag laws

Red flag laws are for removing firearms from people that MAY be a risk to themselves, or others.

They do little to prevent people from obtaining them.

[Thanks? Are you claiming Texas with weak gun laws has a low homicide rate? Sure have a mass shooting problem there.
They do??? Since when? Please provide us statistics (not from “Mother Jones”) on the “mass shooting problem” in Texas.

Take your time. We’ll wait. :popcorn:

Yes they do, that’s why they lobby obviously.
Lobbying doesn’t create nor pass legislation. It merely educates legislators on what the people want. :eusa_doh:

Be honest...you really did dropout of school before they covered civics, didn’t you?

Sensible legislation

Virginia gun laws: What sparked Richmond gun rally tied to neo-Nazis?

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.

This is all common sense. The character of the people who oppose them has been shown for all Americans to see. They respect nothing about our nation, our Constitution, or our laws. We will not be frightened of them or let them have their way with us.
^^ Has no idea what "shall not be infringed" means. Your stupid is non refundable.
You don’t understand well regulated.
During that time period it meant to be in good working order. As far as government regulations, there were none at the time. Now, as expected, lie some more.

[Thanks? Are you claiming Texas with weak gun laws has a low homicide rate? Sure have a mass shooting problem there.
They do??? Since when? Please provide us statistics (not from “Mother Jones”) on the “mass shooting problem” in Texas.

Take your time. We’ll wait. :popcorn:
This list of “shootings” in Texas from Wikipedia includes the JFK assassination (ie single shootings not mass shootings).

It has 23 shootings total going back to 1963. That’s average of 3 shootings per decade. Or a single shooting incident every 3 years.

List of shootings in Texas - Wikipedia

In order to drive my car, I have to regularly prove that I am a capable driver without too many speeding tickets or accidents, my car has to be annually registered and inspected and it has to carry insurance at all times.

That's so I won't accidentally kill others on the road. The gun laws proposed by Virginia are in the same vein. Simply trying to keep some semblance of order on those who own guns so others aren't hurt by them.

I am sure it has already been said, but there is no Constitutionally protected right to drive a car, but there is to own a gun.

The Gorilla in the room in regards to rhis debate is that an individual with a clean criminal record in a state with restrictive gun laws can transfer residency to another state or acquire a connection to a person living in a less restrictive state and facilitate "straw purchases" for huge profits.
That's what you criminal democrats do.

Sensible legislation

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.
I think you might live in the wrong country, you can’t infringe on my rights.. sorry buddy

You live in the wrong country. No one is infringing on anyone's rights. Regulation of firearms is allowable.

Sensible legislation

I think you might live in the wrong country, you can’t infringe on my rights.. sorry buddy

You live in the wrong country. No one is infringing on anyone's rights. Regulation of firearms is allowable.
Its actually not you can try but the Supreme court will knock it down, And if they don’t we the people have a right to alter or abolish you

Sensible legislation

This is all common sense. The character of the people who oppose them has been shown for all Americans to see. They respect nothing about our nation, our Constitution, or our laws. We will not be frightened of them or let them have their way with us.
^^ Has no idea what "shall not be infringed" means. Your stupid is non refundable.
The United States of America is not a pigsty. You thugs cannot run rampant in our nation, no matter if your name is Michael, Muhammad, Mikhail, or anything else. We cannot have gangsters threatening our government, our law-enforcement members, and our private citizens.

In order to drive my car, I have to regularly prove that I am a capable driver without too many speeding tickets or accidents, my car has to be annually registered and inspected and it has to carry insurance at all times.

That's so I won't accidentally kill others on the road. The gun laws proposed by Virginia are in the same vein. Simply trying to keep some semblance of order on those who own guns so others aren't hurt by them.

I am sure it has already been said, but there is no Constitutionally protected right to drive a car, but there is to own a gun.
And just for the record...you actually do have a constitutional right to drive a car. You’re rights are not limited to what is listed in the U.S. Constitution (an unfortunate byproduct of the Bill of Rights that Alexander Hamilton predicted would occur in Federalist No. 84).
“I go further, and affirm that bills of rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous. They would contain various exceptions to powers not granted; and, on this very account, would afford a colorable pretext to claim more than were granted. For why declare that things shall not be done which there is no power to do? Why, for instance, should it be said that the liberty of the press shall not be restrained, when no power is given by which restrictions may be imposed? I will not contend that such a provision would confer a regulating power; but it is evident that it would furnish, to men disposed to usurp, a plausible pretense for claiming that power.”
The Bill of Rights was included as an additional insurance policy to protect the rights that the founders felt were so critical - they had to be outlined in the constitution if they were going to expand the powers of the federal from their Articles of Confederation to the new constitution.

63F95ABA-C89C-4C14-8447-3C714224DEA1.jpeg

Yes they do, that’s why they lobby obviously.
Lobbying doesn’t create nor pass legislation. It merely educates legislators on what the people want. :eusa_doh:

Be honest...you really did dropout of school before they covered civics, didn’t you?

Then why do the rich and powerful engage in lobbying? That is why the rich and powerful are getting richer and more powerful. They have bought off the Republican Party.

Democrats are either going to get altered or abolished if you continue to infringe on my rights

And just for the record...you actually do have a constitutional right to drive a car. You’re rights are not limited to what is listed in the U.S. Constitution (an unfortunate byproduct of the Bill of Rights that Alexander Hamilton predicted would occur in Federalist No. 84).
“I go further, and affirm that bills of rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous. They would contain various exceptions to powers not granted; and, on this very account, would afford a colorable pretext to claim more than were granted. For why declare that things shall not be done which there is no power to do? Why, for instance, should it be said that the liberty of the press shall not be restrained, when no power is given by which restrictions may be imposed? I will not contend that such a provision would confer a regulating power; but it is evident that it would furnish, to men disposed to usurp, a plausible pretense for claiming that power.”
The Bill of Rights was included as an additional insurance policy to protect the rights that the founders felt were so critical - they had to be outlined in the constitution if they were going to expand the powers of the federal from their Articles of Confederation to the new constitution.

There is no Constitutionally protected right to drive a car.

Forum List

Back