Why would anyone object to Virginia’s new gun laws?

3. Allow localities to ban guns in some public areas

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?
/—-/ Banning voting in some precincts would be a local rule too.
Sorry pal

But we don’t want you carrying your gun at sporting events, schools and public festivals

If you don’t feel safe without your gun...avoid public areas

Why not? How many would be dead now if not for the man carrying in church?

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?

Right,

because assholes looking to make a name for themselves never carry firearms into Gun Free Zones.

It does, however, prevent people with guns from defending people in those areas

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

Do you want someone capable to take him out before he shoots you?

Should that church a week ago have been a gun free zone, and allowed even more people to be killed?
Do you really want to live in a society where you can’t even pray in a house of worship without the fear that someone will put a bullet in you?

poor twist.

Do you think making the church a gun free zone would have stopped the shooter?

the asshole only had time to shoot twice, before someone with a gun inside the church shot him.

How many would have died, if that guy didn't have a gun with him?
No, my post was spot on. It is dystopian to want to live society where everyone is armed and no place is a sanctuary from the armed mob. One has to be a master of Doublethink to believe that more weapons equals more safety.

Last edited:
Why does any law abiding citizen object to a background check?

Because when Gun Control nuts write these laws they always add goodies in that make something a simple as handing you gun to a hunting partner while you take a leak require a background check.

But if you want to sell a gun to a hunting partner, shouldn’t you be sure he doesn’t have a criminal record?

Wouldn’t you want to know?

If he is going to use it for hunting, who really cares? If he is a criminal, you probably already know.

Because when Gun Control nuts write these laws they always add goodies in that make something a simple as handing you gun to a hunting partner while you take a leak require a background check.

But if you want to sell a gun to a hunting partner, shouldn’t you be sure he doesn’t have a criminal record?

If he ends up having one, you get prosecuted for selling a gun to a felon. The law is already on the books.

Just look at the mess California has created for its ammo checks.

Of course they claim it's "bugs in the system" but the intent was always to make getting ammo as difficult as possible for law abiding citizens.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article238203004.html

If he is going to use it for hunting, who really cares? If he is a criminal, you probably already know.

Why do you want to sell guns to criminals?

Sensible legislation

Virginia gun laws: What sparked Richmond gun rally tied to neo-Nazis?

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.
Absolutely there is nothing in those laws that any rational person should find objectionable. It is about the public safety. Given comments on this board and others by right-wingers there are people that should not be anywhere near dangerous objects much less guns.
/——/ Those who give up liberty for the false sense of security deserve neither. BF
Allowing assholes to run around in public armed is asking to get people killed

So you should not be carrying.

Why do you want to sell guns to criminals?

What was the crime? If a person is convicted of a non-violent crime, gun rights should not be surrendered.

A person convicted of a white-collar crime should not lose their right of self-defense against those who use guns for violent crimes..

Where does it say that in the constitution

1. A limit of one handgun purchase per month

How does being able to purchase over 12 handguns a month make you safer? Unlimited handgun purchases opens a path to shill purchasers where a legal buyer can buy guns to sell to criminals

How is any good American supposed to get by on only 12 handguns per year?
When we had the revolution and had to fight a tyrannical regime one gentleman bought hundreds of guns and created our independence

Right,

because assholes looking to make a name for themselves never carry firearms into Gun Free Zones.

It does, however, prevent people with guns from defending people in those areas

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

We already have metal detectors at every college and pro game I have attended.

1. A limit of one handgun purchase per month

How does being able to purchase over 12 handguns a month make you safer? Unlimited handgun purchases opens a path to shill purchasers where a legal buyer can buy guns to sell to criminals

It is an infringement, therefore unconstitutional.

We need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. We can make gun shops check to see if someone is a felon before they sell a gun. But nothing stops a legal gun buyer from buying a dozen handguns and then reselling them to criminals

Nothing prevents you from buying meth and then reselling to your relatives either!

Sensible legislation

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.

because they violate the Constitution.

That should be enough even for you.

Do they? That's hardly a given...

"The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

How about because it won’t be effective.

The bad guys aren’t going to abide by the rule. Nor will there be sufficient armed security:eek:r police in these areas to make them safe. Therefore, normally law abiding people like me will be forced to avoid these places or break the law to keep ourselves safe.
But what about the assholes with a temper who get in an argument and start shooting?

Have yourself committed if you believe you are a threat to society.

Bud, if I'm at the range an a guy offers to sell me a firearm...

why do I need to add to the price by getting a background check done?

If you are at the range and a criminal offers you a ton of money for your gun, do you sell it to him?

How about because it won’t be effective.

The bad guys aren’t going to abide by the rule. Nor will there be sufficient armed security:eek:r police in these areas to make them safe. Therefore, normally law abiding people like me will be forced to avoid these places or break the law to keep ourselves safe.
But what about the assholes with a temper who get in an argument and start shooting?

Have yourself committed if you believe you are a threat to society.
Sorry, but I don’t want to go to a Little League game and have the drunken idiot standing next to me to be armed

How many of our gun loving posters buy more than one handgun a month?

How will this legislation impact you?

Doesn't matter.

why not limit alcohol purchased to one 750 ml bottle per month or cigarette purchases to one pack a month ?

Both of those thing kill more people than murder with guns annually
Have you ever bought more than one handgun a month?
Why would you want to?

Do you want to protect someone who buys a dozen handguns at a time and then resells them to criminals?

It's none of your business.

Sensible legislation

I think you might live in the wrong country, you can’t infringe on my rights.. sorry buddy

This from the guy that wants the government to infringe on the rights of FaceBook and Twitter and Google...consistency is not one of your strong points.

Bud, if I'm at the range an a guy offers to sell me a firearm...

why do I need to add to the price by getting a background check done?

If you are at the range and a criminal offers you a ton of money for your gun, do you sell it to him?

how do I know he's a criminal?

If he is a criminal, why is he a member of the range?

can your hypotheticals get any more ridiculous?

Forum List

Back