Wife crashed, but OK

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2012
She was out riding today...2-lane, mostly, wound up about 100 miles before lunch. (Her and her friend Tina; I was stuck at school.) They had just stopped to get lunch, and were riding through a business district, going maybe 30-35MPH in moderate traffic. They were riding staggered, with Tina (on her neon-yellow Buell Blast) leading on the left, with Liz (on her Hyosung Comet) a bit back, on the right. As they went, a dickhead in a Ford Escape was coming the other way. As soon as Tina passed him, he cut the wheel left (did not signal) and went to turn...at the last instant, his pea brain processed that there was another motorcycle, and he yanked the wheel right again...her left bar just clipped the Escape; she went into what she described as a short tank-slapper, and then ass-over-teakettle into a gas station's landscaping.

The tally: one bashed Hyosung GT250, one trashed Shoei Neotec, one ripped glove, some interesting bruises, and mulch in all sorts of uncomfortable places. That could have been much worse.

I am very happy that she wasn't more banged up. I used to ride a lot and I came to the conclusion very early that the cars really are out to kill you.

She was out riding today...2-lane, mostly, wound up about 100 miles before lunch. (Her and her friend Tina; I was stuck at school.) They had just stopped to get lunch, and were riding through a business district, going maybe 30-35MPH in moderate traffic. They were riding staggered, with Tina (on her neon-yellow Buell Blast) leading on the left, with Liz (on her Hyosung Comet) a bit back, on the right. As they went, a dickhead in a Ford Escape was coming the other way. As soon as Tina passed him, he cut the wheel left (did not signal) and went to turn...at the last instant, his pea brain processed that there was another motorcycle, and he yanked the wheel right again...her left bar just clipped the Escape; she went into what she described as a short tank-slapper, and then ass-over-teakettle into a gas station's landscaping.

The tally: one bashed Hyosung GT250, one trashed Shoei Neotec, one ripped glove, some interesting bruises, and mulch in all sorts of uncomfortable places. That could have been much worse.

God bless. Glad to hear she is ok.

Glad to hear she is OK

I quit riding in daily traffic years ago.

Now I only go riding on sunday mornings on deserted country roads. ... :cool:

More than twenty years the roundabout at Gladewater going south of out town was packed.

My wife was driving.

A driver entered from the west trying to force his way in where there was absolutely no room with bumper to bumper traffic moving at 25 mph. He tried to force his way in.

She turned the wheels and forced him into the grass.

Never doubted she did the right thing.

I am glad the ladies are OK. I hope that driver gets ticketed big time.

Glad she's ok, and hope she heals quickly. I used to love riding in my younger days, miss it sometimes.

Forum List

Back