Wild Cops Beat Suspect.....

Actually, directly from a cop: if a decent rider on a sport-bike, a big-bore sport tourer, or a big adventure bike takes off, he gets away about four times in five!

That's what the AR-15 (which shoild be in the cab of the cruiser) and your partner are for.

You have no idea how fast a big-bore motorcycle vanishes in the distance, do you. (That's not a question.) By the time you get the rifle out and the window down, the bike is running 100+MPH (which is near the top of FIRST gear for a superbike, and second for even a little 600cc sportbike) and well out of sight. Even a 700lb tank of a sport-tourer like a Kawasaki Concours 1400 or a will top 120MPH before most police cruisers (even a new Charger or Ecoboost Explorer) hit 60. Given a 50MPH rolling start, a V8 Charger MIGHT not be passed by a Concours before a quarter mile. (Less than 11 seconds at about 130MPH.) Even big adventure bikes like a BMW 1200GS or a Yamaha Super Tenere hit 100 before a Charger will hit 60 and will happily cruise all day (especially the Autobahn-built 1200GS) at 120+ without breaking a sweat.

Last edited:
You have no idea how fast a big-bore motorcycle vanishes in the distance, do you. (That's not a question.)

I don't have any idea. There isn't enough money in the world to get me near, nevermi d on, a motorcycle. I'd outlaw the damn things if I could. I have very little respect for a large number of the people who ride the damn things. They seem to have no use for the rules of the road and I no use for vehicles that can go that fast for no reason.

I do know that the muzzle velocity of an AR-15 is about 2200 mph. (3200 fps). If officers are properly prepared, and the vehicles are properly regulated, there is no issue.

I saw a dude on a sportbike (looked like a Honda CBR 929, could be a 600) last year: he went whizzing by (US3 north, near the I-495 interchange) doing a wheelie, a state trooper in an Explorer lit him up. He dropped the front wheel and pinned it...he was out of sight in about 20 seconds. It's not the top speed (plenty of fast bikes top out no faster than a modern sport sedan or even some SUVs), it's the light weight and resulting explosive acceleration. The bike might top out at 130MPH (a Concours or BMW GS tops out about there)...but it GETS there in a hurry.

I just saw a video this morning of (white) cops risking their lives pulling two unconscious black men from their burning car. Funny I can't find any mention of it...Why is the negative stuff like this "wild cops" thread in the spotlight? Do people even comprehend the idea of balance and fairness anymore?

I saw a dude on a sportbike (looked like a Honda CBR 929, could be a 600) last year: he went whizzing by (US3 north, near the I-495 interchange) doing a wheelie, a state trooper in an Explorer lit him up. He dropped the front wheel and pinned it...he was out of sight in about 20 seconds. It's not the top speed (plenty of fast bikes top out no faster than a modern sport sedan or even some SUVs), it's the light weight and resulting explosive acceleration. The bike might top out at 130MPH (a Concours or BMW GS tops out about there)...but it GETS there in a hurry.

There is no use for any vehicle that has that much speed or acceleration anywhere other than on a racetrack.

I'm trying to hold back a tear for the innocent man....who refused to stop and put countless lives in danger.

Yawn.....

The man, Richard Simone, a fugitive from justice with multiple warrants on him, including one's for larceny and assault with a dangerous weapon....so he's not exactly an innocent, harmless lamb is he? What were the police supposed to do, he's driving at speeds of more than 100 mph for 40 miles refusing to stop, the police know he's got a track record of violence and multiple warrants on him and he's a fugitive from justice.

Hopefully the police won't get into trouble for doing their job and the criminal gets his hand held whilst having Kumbaya sung to him.

"10:15 a.m.

A suspect who appears on a news helicopter videotape to be surrendering to police before officers use force on him is facing a fugitive-from-justice violation in New Hampshire and a return to Massachusetts to face charges there.

A complaint filed Thursday by police charges 50-year-old Richard Simone Jr., of Worcester (WUS'-tur), Massachusetts. Simone faces arraignment in Nashua (NASH'-wuh), New Hampshire.

The complaint says Simone had warrants out of Worcester and Millbury, Massachusetts, on larceny and assault with a dangerous weapon. Massachusetts police are expected to seek Simone's return to their state.

After the video surfaced, the New Hampshire attorney general's office began investigating the use of force by police."

Here:

News from The Associated Press

Sounds like a fine upstanding member of society....not. Sorry but have no sympathy for him
100 years ago in England an officer would hit you with his Billy club if you were even a little out of line.

I think after a long high speed chase the proper position is to curl up in a ball. Lol

That why the cops are wrong. You can't tell get down on your stomach and the cheap shot the guy. His natural reaction would be to curl into a ball and cover his face. The cops want you stomach down hands behind back.

Just so you know the guy will now walk free and be a millionaire in a undisclosed settlement. You are wrong

There is no use for any vehicle that has that much speed or acceleration anywhere other than on a racetrack.

Most touring bikes built in the last 25 years will happily run all day at 100+MPH.

My wife and I both have cars with damn near that much power...her 800+HP Buick Grand National will actually match many sportbikes in a 1/4 mile run.

You have no idea how fast a big-bore motorcycle vanishes in the distance, do you. (That's not a question.) By the time you get the rifle out and the window down, the bike is running 100+MPH (which is near the top of FIRST gear for a superbike, and second for even a little 600cc sportbike) and well out of sight. Even a 700lb tank of a sport-tourer like a Kawasaki Concours 1400 or a will top 120MPH before most police cruisers (even a new Charger or Ecoboost Explorer) hit 60. Given a 50MPH rolling start, a V8 Charger MIGHT not be passed by a Concours before a quarter mile. (Less than 11 seconds at about 130MPH.) Even big adventure bikes like a BMW 1200GS or a Yamaha Super Tenere hit 100 before a Charger will hit 60 and will happily cruise all day (especially the Autobahn-built 1200GS) at 120+ without breaking a sweat.
I've never ridden a motorcycle, but I have cause to agree with what you're saying.

Once when driving on the Garden State Parkway at about 65mph (about 5mph over the limit) a motorcyle passed me but not very fast. I'd estimate about 70. Suddenly a state police car passed me right behind the motorcycle and the motorcycle took off. I was amazed at how fast he just disappeared in the distance, leaving the police car well behind him -- and I know those cars are supercharged for pursuits.

Most touring bikes built in the last 25 years will happily run all day at 100+MPH.

My wife and I both have cars with damn near that much power...her 800+HP Buick Grand National will actually match many sportbikes in a 1/4 mile run.

No need for a car or motorcycle that can get up to thst speed. The general speed limit across the country is 65, so why do we need cars thst exceed that speed by any significant level?

Cops don't get to impose punishment on people regardless if they've been convicted. They enforce laws. Period. The guy was a jerk and yes he could have hurt people, not to mention wasting a whole lot of cops' time by failing to stop when so ordered. It doesn't give them a right to punch and kick him repeatedly, since he didn't appear to be resisting. He probably mouthed off. Or maybe they were just PISSED they had to chase him so far.
I strongly doubt that he mouthed off. That fellow knew he was caught and he chose to offer no resistance. He lay face down and what those cops did was cowardly. It's the sort of thing a bunch of criminal bikers might do to an adversary.

This is a group of cops who clearly have acquired a bad habit over the years by observing other cops, by listening to a lot of macho locker-room trash-talk, and by doing similar things but never before being videotaped in the act. They see and do this sort of thing so often it comes naturally to them. Again, bad habits.

The problem is what they think they can do to one it logically follows they think they can do to all -- including you and me. These are the S.O.B.s who give all cops a bad name.

Forum List

Back