Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

lets say the Bakery gets a request for a Jewish wedding and says oh no I am anti Semitic ....
The the Jewish couple should go to a Jewish Baker that wants their business.
When the government starts saying who can do what with their business, then the government can pay the overhead, the electricity, the water, the internet, the bags, the register tape, the employees wages, the building insurance and the taxes of all goods sold....in my opinion.
I, myself, would love to have their business. And Blacks can sit at my counter IF I had one at the time. I am there to sell. I don't give a rats ass about the customers beliefs. I just want to make a profit on goods I sell. Period.
The Government provided the infrastructure the roads , the Banking system the internet and all else that supports business activities ....no one should be free to discriminate ....unless they announce they discriminate ...

Stickers touting "This business serves everyone" have been appearing on business windows in many Indiana cities.
That is good business sense. "The business serves everyone". No problems, no lawsuits, no crying and whining. It says up front and in yer face that business is in BUSINESS. Period.

lets say the Bakery gets a request for a Jewish wedding and says oh no I am anti Semitic ....
When the government starts saying who can do what with their business, then the government can pay the overhead, the electricity, the water, the internet, the bags, the register tape, the employees wages, the building insurance and the taxes of all goods sold....in my opinion.
I, myself, would love to have their business. And Blacks can sit at my counter IF I had one at the time. I am there to sell. I don't give a rats ass about the customers beliefs. I just want to make a profit on goods I sell. Period.
The Government provided the infrastructure the roads , the Banking system the internet and all else that supports business activities ....no one should be free to discriminate ....unless they announce they discriminate ...

Stickers touting "This business serves everyone" have been appearing on business windows in many Indiana cities.
That is good business sense. "The business serves everyone". No problems, no lawsuits, no crying and whining. It says up front and in yer face that business is in BUSINESS. Period.
and the wing nuts who support the law should put up a signs like Westboro Baptist "God hates Fags"

If the Supreme Court supports it, it's constitutional.

That's the theory that the Supreme Court is infallible. Do you believe it to be infallible?
Better than you

In other words, it's fallible. Thanks for admitting the Supreme Court makes wrong decisions. Now the only issue is which decisions are correct and which are wrong.
Supreme Court is not infallible

But history has shown, over the long run......they get it right

Wrong. It shows precisely the opposite. The history of the court is the history of hand picked political stooges ruling the way their benefactors expected them to rule, and that was almost always against the people and in favor of the state. If it were impartial, it would have ruled precisely in the opposite direction.

The court swings right....the court swings left

Eventually, it gets things right

and the wing nuts who support the law should put up a signs like Westboro Baptist "God hates Fags"

That would be perfect. End of story.

That's the theory that the Supreme Court is infallible. Do you believe it to be infallible?
Better than you

In other words, it's fallible. Thanks for admitting the Supreme Court makes wrong decisions. Now the only issue is which decisions are correct and which are wrong.

Wrong. It shows precisely the opposite. The history of the court is the history of hand picked political stooges ruling the way their benefactors expected them to rule, and that was almost always against the people and in favor of the state. If it were impartial, it would have ruled precisely in the opposite direction.

No it doesn't. Right or left, it invariably rules in favor of the state and against the people. Furthermore, its rulings are almost never reversed.

Pence signed the bill during a private ceremony in his Statehouse office just before 10 a.m. Thursday. He was joined by supportive lawmakers, Franciscan monks and nuns, orthodox Jews, and some of the state's most powerful lobbyists on conservative social issues.

The event was closed to the public and the press.

1610901_10206502897995692_8874920138354412341_n.jpg

I don't support it or dis support it. I just don't get it.
Why go to a business and DEMAND they serve you when other businesses would love to have you? Demanding and having to pass a law to force a business to service you is just as bad as the business demanding you do business with them. Where is THAT law?

It's just stupid.

Better than you

No it doesn't. Right or left, it invariably rules in favor of the state and against the people. Furthermore, its rulings are almost never reversed.

Anarchist

Gotta love how the governor of Indiana really put his state on the map this week. :lol:

For what?

To pass legislation that was already in effect?

But you have to tell the country...we hate gays

Yes, the shit has hit the Pence fan. He's going to try spinning his way out of it tomorrow.

Pence also plans to fight back in the state and national media. He’s scheduled, for instance, to defend the law Sunday morning on ABC’s “This Week” with George Stephanopoulos. “I’m not going to take it (the criticism) lying down,” he said.

Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of religious freedom law

I wonder how many gay businesses are going under because gays aren't using their services? It's kinda sad. They should support each other.

Would heterosexuals doing business with a gay owned shop be turned away because they are straight? I don't think so.
People need to get their noses out of bedrooms. Man and man, woman and woman want a cake? Fucking make them the fucking cake already!!! Pretty sure God isn't going to send a christian to hell for making a fucking cake.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com

Only for Islamic business it's ok if they behead people

I wonder how many gay businesses are going under because gays aren't using their services? It's kinda sad. They should support each other.
I'm guessing none. Was there a point there?
The point is...businesses vie for customers. There is a little book shop here in my town...has the coolest stuff in it besides just books. Owned by two lesbians. I go in there often to get Jasmine Essential Oils, browse the books, sometimes buy a crystal or two. I can get those things much cheaper in the bigger town not far away or even online. I choose to spend my money where it is needed most...at small business owners.
The point is....gays should help gay business owners instead of suing because they were offended by that owner due to not liking their lifestyle. The gay business owners NEED regular customers to stay IN business.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Are you stupid?

Forum List

Back