Will Surviving Gunfire Be Donald Trump’s Next Appeal To Black Voters?

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Forbes deleted this article, but it is preserved in the Internet Archive.

I'm more interested in the fact that they deleted it than I am in the article itself.

Will Surviving Gunfire Be Donald Trump’s Next Appeal To Black Voters?​

By Shaun Harper

I am a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) expert

Jul 14, 2024

Will Trump seize the apparent assassination attempt against him as an opportunity to meaningfully address the epidemic of gun violence in America? Will he deem unacceptable the dangers to which citizens are exposed as they go to schools, places of religious worship, concerts, movie theaters, supermarkets, shopping malls, sporting events, and now, presidential campaign rallies? It’s possible, but unlikely.

Butler is less than an hour north of Pittsburgh. It isn’t an urban center. But many big cities in which large numbers of Black Americans reside have long been plagued with inexcusably high levels of gun violence. Everytown Research and Policy’s analysis of 2018-2022 FBI data shows that Black people in Pittsburgh are 14 times more likely to die by gun homicide than are whites in the place affectionately known as “the Steel City.”

On the other side of the commonwealth, Philadelphia’s gun homicide rate was 30.8 fatalities per 100,000 residents in 2022. Blacks comprise the city’s single-largest racial group. They’re five times more likely to die by gunfire than are whites. Milwaukee, where this year’s Republican National Convention is being held, has the sixth-highest homicide by firearm rate in the nation. There, Blacks are 6.7 times more likely to be shot and killed than are white residents.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has repeatedly contended that the August 2023 release of his criminal mugshot deeply resonated with Black voters because they know firsthand the unfairness of our nation’s criminal justice system. He has since relied on that narrative to persuade more Black Americans to cast votes for him this November. More Black men now than four years ago say they’re voting for Trump this time, but not many of them say they’re planning to do so because of any notion of shared kinship with judicial injustice.

Forbes deleted this article, but it is preserved in the Internet Archive.

I'm more interested in the fact that they deleted it than I am in the article itself.

Will Surviving Gunfire Be Donald Trump’s Next Appeal To Black Voters?​

By Shaun Harper

I am a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) expert

Jul 14, 2024

Will Trump seize the apparent assassination attempt against him as an opportunity to meaningfully address the epidemic of gun violence in America? Will he deem unacceptable the dangers to which citizens are exposed as they go to schools, places of religious worship, concerts, movie theaters, supermarkets, shopping malls, sporting events, and now, presidential campaign rallies? It’s possible, but unlikely.

Butler is less than an hour north of Pittsburgh. It isn’t an urban center. But many big cities in which large numbers of Black Americans reside have long been plagued with inexcusably high levels of gun violence. Everytown Research and Policy’s analysis of 2018-2022 FBI data shows that Black people in Pittsburgh are 14 times more likely to die by gun homicide than are whites in the place affectionately known as “the Steel City.”

On the other side of the commonwealth, Philadelphia’s gun homicide rate was 30.8 fatalities per 100,000 residents in 2022. Blacks comprise the city’s single-largest racial group. They’re five times more likely to die by gunfire than are whites. Milwaukee, where this year’s Republican National Convention is being held, has the sixth-highest homicide by firearm rate in the nation. There, Blacks are 6.7 times more likely to be shot and killed than are white residents.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has repeatedly contended that the August 2023 release of his criminal mugshot deeply resonated with Black voters because they know firsthand the unfairness of our nation’s criminal justice system. He has since relied on that narrative to persuade more Black Americans to cast votes for him this November. More Black men now than four years ago say they’re voting for Trump this time, but not many of them say they’re planning to do so because of any notion of shared kinship with judicial injustice.
It will be the appeal to ALL Americans.and even those around the world. It just got feal and now the Establishment and MSM who have villified him have blood on their hands. Don't tell me if Trump had been treated like every other president that there would be crazies trying to assassinate.him.

I have 1st hand experience in that department!

When we would get a load of convicts for intake they would be stripsearched and we had a form to note on it their tats, scars, etc....If they had unknown tats we would take a pic and send it to the VSP gang unit to see if we had a banger we did not know about.

I bet a full 75% (or better) of the young black convicts that came through had healed-over bullet wounds.

I remember asking one young black convict that had 7 bullet wounds "what the fuck happened to you" and he scoffed and said it was just the cost of doing business in Richmond.

To a man they wore their scars like a badge of honor so yeah, they might relate slightly more with Trump now..

It will be the appeal to ALL Americans.and even those around the world. It just got feal and now the Establishment and MSM who have villified him have blood on their hands. Don't tell me if Trump had been treated like every other president that there would be crazies trying to assassinate.him.
BS.

Hey.........Yo'

1721057199114.jpeg

Forum List

Back