Will You Sign This Petition?

Will You Sign This Petition?

• Yes! I will sign and/or post my comments after I do

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes! I will also ask 5-10 Friends to Sign

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, I disagree. I support ACA and agree all Supporters should pay for it, not Opponents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I disagree. I support ACA only because I expect other people to pay for it, including Opponents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other or "I would revise or reword it" [PLEASE SPECIFY]

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear Wry Catcher:
Does it offend/bother you at all that govt officials who have better health services
paid for by taxpayers get to "opt out" WITHOUT paying a fine/tax because their
"better quality tax paid" options count as an alternative exemption?

Wouldn't you want equal right to avoid paying a tax/fine because (a) you have other ways you'd rather use instead of "either insurance/paying govt" under ACA or
(b) you can have YOUR insurance and benefits paid for by tax dollars too at the same level as govt officials with better service than ACA?

So instead of paying a fine (starting at 95 to give incentive to people to fund govt health care but this could go up once everyone depends on govt to regulate it) you would get better health care coverage for FREE just like the govt officials who signed onto this bill.

Doesn't that bother you at all?

What about people who do not seek medical treatment ?

Also people who turn to alternative medicine instead of mainstream.

Where is the opt-out option?

Opt-out, I suppose just say no. Opt- out and nobody will come knocking down your door, demanding that you purchase a health plan. But if you decide not to purchase coverage, you will have to pay a $95 tax penalty. This would be deducted from your 2015 tax return.

See: Everything you need to know about life under Obamacare

1. I agree with Drifter, that there are other options that could be argued as equally valid (I have friends who share spiritual healing for free, so why can't that be credited? Or friends who would rather BUILD CHARITY HOSPITALS and I would rather build MEDICAL SCHOOLS with paid internships in exchange for providing public services.)

The Gesundheit! Institute is a project in holistic medical care based on the belief that one cannot separate the health of the individual from the health of the family, the community, the world, and the health care system itself

The Teaching Center

The Patch Adams Teaching Center will be committed to teaching change in 'care systems' – particularly focused on health care, but also on education care, justice care, and environmental care. It will serve the global community, working with participants to find a language for their own desires in care and their own designs for implementation.

The Center will serve the global community, working with students from around the world to build care systems that are socially responsible and financially just and will include:
25,000 square feet, three stories, passive solar
construction, built over Pocahontas Creek
classrooms
performing arts venue
Patch Adams Library
low power FM radio station
media production studio
full service kitchen - serving 100 people
housing for 50 students

Classes and conferences will be taught by the ten core faculty members at Gesundheit. In addition we will have guest presenters from humanitarian organizations from across the world: the American Medical Student Association, Ideal Medical Practice, Make a Wish Foundation, Global Exchange, the World Health Organization, Health Democracy, People's Health Movement, School for Designing a Society, Partners in
Health, Bola Roja (Peru), Clown Italia (Italy), Airline Ambassadors, Global Outreach, Second Wind, ELAM (Cuba)

Gesundheit Institute | Gesundheit means good health!

It would give congress and the people time to fix whats wrong with the bill and improve what right with it. Obama gave big business a 1 year extension, why not give the same thing to average americans?

To Redfish: You cannot fix the government ordering behavior; i.e., ordering Americans to purchase insurance. You cannot legislate love or compassion. Everything growing out of the ACA is unconstitutional and wrong; hence, you cannot improve what is right. The entire bill must be repealed. After repeal, tinker with the healthcare problems one issue per bill —— preferably one-page bills.

Happily, there is a good chance one of the many, many, lawsuits may overturn the ACA. I’m hoping this one will do the trick:

. . . one lawsuit making its way through the court system could pull the plug on the sweeping federal health care law.

A challenge filed by the Pacific Legal Foundation contends that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional because the bill originated in the Senate, not the House. Under the Origination Clause of the Constitution, all bills raising revenue must begin in the House.

The Supreme Court upheld most provisions of the act in June, but Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. took pains in the majority opinion to define Obamacare as a federal tax, not a mandate. That was when the Sacramento, Calif.-based foundation’s attorneys had their “aha” moment.

“The court there quite explicitly says, ‘This is not a law passed under the Commerce Clause; this is just a tax,’” foundation attorney Timothy Sandefur said at a Cato Institute forum on legal challenges to the health care act. “Well, then the Origination Clause ought to apply. The courts should not be out there carving in new exceptions to the Origination Clause.”

Lawsuit over health care tax could kill ‘Obamacare’
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lawsuit over health care tax could kill 'Obamacare' - Washington Times

Wow. 3 sigs in 24 hours.

This "petition's on fire!"

BTW Alfalfa
If you notice
NO ONE has answered the poll
YES for supporting ACA

ZERO

when I ask my friends who are liberals about this
They either want single payer
And/or don't want to pay 95.00
For not buying insurance

Are you going to answer the poll?

Someone said i worded those choices wrong.

What should i change them to?

No, i dont want to pay the mandated penalty
But i dont want to align with rightwingers
So ill let them fight this battle and
Take the blame while i secretly
Hope they stop or delay this bill
I dont want to pay for either!

Is thats whats really going on
In peoples minds?
Let me know and ill
Redo both the poll and petition

It would give congress and the people time to fix whats wrong with the bill and improve what right with it. Obama gave big business a 1 year extension, why not give the same thing to average americans?

To Redfish: You cannot fix the government ordering behavior; i.e., ordering Americans to purchase insurance. You cannot legislate love or compassion. Everything growing out of the ACA is unconstitutional and wrong; hence, you cannot improve what is right. The entire bill must be repealed. After repeal, tinker with the healthcare problems one issue per bill —— preferably one-page bills.

Happily, there is a good chance one of the many, many, lawsuits may overturn the ACA. I’m hoping this one will do the trick:

. . . one lawsuit making its way through the court system could pull the plug on the sweeping federal health care law.

A challenge filed by the Pacific Legal Foundation contends that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional because the bill originated in the Senate, not the House. Under the Origination Clause of the Constitution, all bills raising revenue must begin in the House.

The Supreme Court upheld most provisions of the act in June, but Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. took pains in the majority opinion to define Obamacare as a federal tax, not a mandate. That was when the Sacramento, Calif.-based foundation’s attorneys had their “aha” moment.

“The court there quite explicitly says, ‘This is not a law passed under the Commerce Clause; this is just a tax,’” foundation attorney Timothy Sandefur said at a Cato Institute forum on legal challenges to the health care act. “Well, then the Origination Clause ought to apply. The courts should not be out there carving in new exceptions to the Origination Clause.”

Lawsuit over health care tax could kill ‘Obamacare’
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lawsuit over health care tax could kill 'Obamacare' - Washington Times

Wow so the same slight of hand abused to get this
Past the SCourt could be used to cut it off at the knees.

This is good information flanders
I have to go work my night shift
But if you cancall it in on the air
iknow two hosts of a talk show streaming live online
Where this is the issue of the week/ month
Or can you email this c/o Home Page
Or knth 1060am

Forum List

Back