🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wind becomes No 2 power source in US, beating coal and nuclear

You can grab the bike Todd. I'm not a young man.

But it's burning zero fuel.......

It's not and I never said it was - it needs adenosine triphosphate and some non-arthritic joints.

I'll just put solar panels on my roof and a big ass battery in my garage and then sit back during the next outage and enjoy my normal life.

Doesn't sound like free energy.
The equipment may not be free, but the energy is. It's pretty obvious that you know this Todd. You're struggling here Todd.

The equipment may not be free, but the energy is. It's pretty obvious that you know this Todd. You're struggling here Todd.
Is that why you haven't installed solar with a battery backup? Costs?

I'm not buying it, but if true, where is all this wind coming from? Climate change.

So by going to green energy, over time, winds will die down forcing us to go back to coal.
Ummm… Ummmm…

No!

Just no!!

I really mean NO!!!

1. Just build wind turbines in front of a politician and you have endless supply of hot air that will create something and make the politician worth something.

2. If wind dies out then we might not have a planet and humanity is gone because wind is a daily occurrence in life…

Ummm… Ummmm…No! Just no!! I really mean NO!!!
No?

1. Just build wind turbines in front of a politician and you have endless supply of hot air that will create something and make the politician worth something.
We could shove an exhaust pipe up Joe's ass, the methane alone could supply 135 million BTU annually alone if anyone could stand the stink.

2. If wind dies out then we might not have a planet and humanity is gone because wind is a daily occurrence in life…
Yes.

No?

We could shove an exhaust pipe up Joe's ass, the methane alone could supply 135 million BTU annually alone if anyone could stand the stink.

Yes.
Climate change is natural process that even some of the left have admitted to but what the radicals fail to admit is that it is not just man made but natural.

Now does man add to the speed and slowing of Climate Change?

Yes, but they are not the sole cause of Climate Change…

Now Chicago has enough wind from politicians to keep powering the Universe forever, so build those turbines in Chicago!!!

What is the cost when you multiply free energy times expensive equipment?

You're struggling here Todd.

To not burst out laughing.
That's not the struggle your audience is wondering about. If folks can afford expensive equipment that requires expensive fuel, I suspect they can even more easily afford expensive equipment that doesn't.

That's not the struggle your audience is wondering about. If folks can afford expensive equipment that requires expensive fuel, I suspect they can even more easily afford expensive equipment that doesn't.

Why would I want to pay more for your free energy confusion?

Really? Then why don't you have solar and battery backup for your house? Are you driving an EV?

Maybe you don't believe your own rhetoric.

While there have been days in the past when wind generation separately outpaced coal and nuclear generation, the 29th marked the first day that it surpassed both power sources.

The headline is not a lie. Wind surpassed nuclear by less than half a percent. Or did you think one percent was the absolute limit of precision?

But that is not what your link claimed. It only claimed it EQUALLED coal and nuclear. The title of the link is a lie.

But that is not what your link claimed. It only claimed it EQUALLED coal and nuclear. The title of the link is a lie.
And now we find the SECOND person that thinks 1% is the universe's absolute limit of precision.

my trades too

but it still is rather ambitious to imagine an all electric future

~S~~
You are welcome to discuss to what degree/percent you think renewables will be viable.
Most RWers don't even want to acknowledge any.

`

You are welcome to discuss to what degree/percent you think renewables will be viable.
Most RWers don't even want to acknowledge any.

`
Go nuclear

Depends on your sources. from my sources, Natural gas is #1 (37%) Petroleum #2 (27%) Coal #3 (17%) Renewable Energy #4 (12%) and running in 5th is Nuclear (9%). Give or take a few points. Look it up.
Depends on your sources. from my sources, Natural gas is #1 (37%) Petroleum #2 (27%) Coal #3 (17%) Renewable Energy #4 (12%) and running in 5th is Nuclear (9%). Give or take a few points. Look it up.
My source was the US Energy Information Agency. I think their information is very good, but it was only for a single day (March 29th). Other sources are probably looking at longer averages.

We are far too dependent on energy we would use as it is. Our ethic should be to diminish need of energy being fueled for us as far as possible in all the ways that can be managed. We should really grow all our own food, too. That should be encouraged. Everything too unsustainable will still collapse.

We are far too dependent on energy we would use as it is. Our ethic should be to diminish need of energy being fueled for us as far as possible in all the ways that can be managed. We should really grow all our own food, too. That should be encouraged. Everything too unsustainable will still collapse.

You have it wrong. Merely being sustainable is a philosophy that ends in catastrophic failure.

Throughout history societies that were merely sustainable, died.

Forum List

Back