WOMAN charged with murder for stopping on highway to help ducks

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
article-2663995-1EFB8EF500000578-214_634x423.jpg

"She said she hoped publicity of the case will reinforce a basic message to drivers.
'Future and present drivers should know that we don’t stop on highways, and it’s very dangerous. Even if it’s a small animal that we like or that we want to preserve, we should not stop on the highways,' she said. 'It’s not a place to stop."

Read more: Emma Czornobaj faces life in prison for stopping to rescue ducklings and causing crash | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The worst part is that the Ducks weren't in any danger. They were in the median. She wanted to take them home.

Pogo maintains that he stops to direct traffic/assist wildlife (specifically, turkeys) when he sees it. I maintain that he's an idiot who is going to get killed.

But he also thinks that there are no deers on freeways. I'm not sure he's actually got a license.

A woman who parked her car on a highway to rescue ducklings has been found guilty of causing the deaths of a motorcyclist and his daughter who slammed into her vehicle.

Emma Czornobaj was convicted by a jury on Friday on two counts of criminal negligence causing death, a charge that carries a maximum life sentence, and two counts of dangerous driving causing death, which comes with a maximum of 14 years in jail.

The 25-year-old was charged in the deaths of Andre Roy, 50, and his daughter Jessie, 16.

She wiped away tears when the verdict was delivered to a packed courtroom in Montreal.

According to National Post, she is a financial analyst who graduated from Concordia’s John Molson School of Business where she made the dean’s list.

How sad. A family torn apart because a driver decided to stop on a highway to rescue some ducks. I agree in that she needs to do prison time. Her reckless behavior resulted in the deaths of two innocent people.

What I don't get is how she was able to get on the Dean's list, yet didn't have the common sense to realize that what she did on the highway was reckless and dangerous?

It's hard to not want to stop and help animals out, and if you're on an avenue or back road that's one thing, but a freeway or hiway is putting a lot of people at risk other than your own.
One little stoppage can lead to a chain reaction in an instant.

I think the part I have a problem with when it comes to the Canadian justice system is this young woman could face up to 14 years in jail if given the max for a horrific mistake but with no criminal intent.

But Karla Homolka served less time for helping her husband rape and murder her sister and at least two other girls that we know of.

During the summer of 1990, Bernardo became obsessed with Karla's younger sister, Tammy Homolka. Homolka agreed to assist Bernardo in drugging Tammy, seeing "an opportunity to minimize risk, take control, and keep it all in the family.".

In July, "according to Bernardo's testimony, he and Karla served Tammy a spaghetti dinner spiked with Valium stolen from Karla's workplace. Bernardo raped Tammy for about a minute before she started to wake up.".

Six months before their wedding in 1991, Homolka stole the anesthetic agent halothane from the Martindale Veterinarian Clinic where she worked.

On 23 December 1990, "after a Homolka family Christmas party, Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged Tammy Homolka with the animal tranquilizers.

Bernardo and Karla Homolka raped Tammy while she was unconscious. Tammy later choked on her own vomit and died.

Bernardo told police he tried to revive her, but failed, and her death was ruled an accident." Before calling 911, they hid the evidence, redressed Tammy, who had a chemical burn on her face, and moved her into her basement bedroom. A few hours later Tammy was pronounced dead at St. Catharines General Hospital without having regained consciousness.

A silly girl trying to do a good deed could serve more time than Karla Homolka.

That pisses me clean off.

Karla Homolka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
What a terrible sad accident.

I stop for animals too but I have by-passed many because I thought the area wasn't safe. Yes, stop if you can, move them off if you can but don't endanger yourself or others to do it.

I've had one friend in Tucson killed while trying to rescue a dog and another, In Phoenix, lose a leg.

Something else to consider is that the highway is a very narrow strip that cuts through habitat. I really hate seeing roadkill but I also know that those few animals do not impact the total population.

And, I hope the end came quickly and I suspect that most of the time, it does.

Watch for movement, breathing, signs of life. I once stopped to check a fox and found two live pups with her dead body. They were successfully rehabbed and released.

But again, even if an animal looks very alive, I won't endanger either myself or others to save it.

I think the part I have a problem with when it comes to the Canadian justice system is this young woman could face up to 14 years in jail if given the max for a horrific mistake but with no criminal intent.

But Karla Homolka served less time for helping her husband rape and murder her sister and at least two other girls that we know of.

During the summer of 1990, Bernardo became obsessed with Karla's younger sister, Tammy Homolka. Homolka agreed to assist Bernardo in drugging Tammy, seeing "an opportunity to minimize risk, take control, and keep it all in the family.".

In July, "according to Bernardo's testimony, he and Karla served Tammy a spaghetti dinner spiked with Valium stolen from Karla's workplace. Bernardo raped Tammy for about a minute before she started to wake up.".

Six months before their wedding in 1991, Homolka stole the anesthetic agent halothane from the Martindale Veterinarian Clinic where she worked.

On 23 December 1990, "after a Homolka family Christmas party, Bernardo and Karla Homolka drugged Tammy Homolka with the animal tranquilizers.

Bernardo and Karla Homolka raped Tammy while she was unconscious. Tammy later choked on her own vomit and died.

Bernardo told police he tried to revive her, but failed, and her death was ruled an accident." Before calling 911, they hid the evidence, redressed Tammy, who had a chemical burn on her face, and moved her into her basement bedroom. A few hours later Tammy was pronounced dead at St. Catharines General Hospital without having regained consciousness.

A silly girl trying to do a good deed could serve more time than Karla Homolka.

That pisses me clean off.

Karla Homolka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Put your head between your knees and take a few deep breaths.

:rolleyes:

wow luds sounds like your friends are every bit as stupid as you are!

Pogo maintains that he stops to direct traffic/assist wildlife (specifically, turkeys) when he sees it. I maintain that he's an idiot who is going to get killed.

But he also thinks that there are no deers on freeways. I'm not sure he's actually got a license.

or some else killed

It's sad that people died. I admire her for wanting to help the animals. I have stopped on freeways to help critters stranded there. Last time, a loon was stuck in the middle of the road under a busy overpass. It could not fly because they must take off from the water...not pavement, due to the webbed feet. It just sat there and cars swerved to avoid it but nobody stopped. Until I saw it. I'd do it again. I would stop for ducks too. And turtles. Dogs. Cats. If it's in the road, I will go get it. Except for the horse I found once. I pulled to the side, got my flares, sat in the middle of the road with it with its head in my lap until help arrived. And yes, I would do it again.

on the other hand i have pulled the truck over

and hammered a couple of rooster pheasants

on occasion

My ex used to jump out of moving car, and shoot at his birds, then jump back in.

I also saw him jump out of a moving car to throw a rock at a chukkar once, lol. He missed that one.

First off bullshit on the usual misleading title. She was charged with criminal negligence not murder so fail. In any case she caused the deaths and needs to pay for it.

Last edited:
My ex used to jump out of moving car, and shoot at his birds, then jump back in.

I also saw him jump out of a moving car to throw a rock at a chukkar once, lol. He missed that one.

they have some rules on that out here

you have to be fifty feet away from your vehicle

doors on drivers side need to be closed

less then 50 ft from vehicle

the vehicle must be shut off

Forum List

Back