World views...

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
DXo political cartoons reveal a notion's opinion of someone If so, there is a problem. Everyone who supports Trump insists that Obama has a terrible reputation around the world, and that, by extension, so doe the US. It is the contention of Trumpers that Trump is loved around the world, and he is going to fix that.

However, a sampling of some political cartoons from around the world, seem to suggest something very different:

trump-cartoon-7.jpe

David Rowe, Financial Review: Australia

Now, lest you think it's better in the Middle East:
trump-cartoon-9.jpe

Paresh Nath, The Khaleej Times: United Arab Emirates
trump-cartoon-5.jpe

Micheal De Adder, The Halifax Chronicle Herald: Canada

And that's just a sample of three. You can see a whole gallery here, and none of them are terribly flattering. So, just how popular is Trump around the world, again?

Now, wait. Any minute now, some lunkhead is gonna come rushing in here, and try to change the narrative, saying how great it is that everyone hates Trump. Something stupid like, "It shows how afraid they all are of Trump," and how he will put the world on notice that the US should be taken seriously again, or some such utter nonsense.

What the rest of the planet thinks is relevant.

Half the planet is an open sewer, and the rest is falling into the very pit that it spent most of the 20th Century trying to fill in.

Half the planet is an open sewer, and the rest is falling into the very pit that it spent most of the 20th Century trying to fill in.
Soooo...why was what the rest of the world thought so important in regards to Obama? I mean that's all we ever heard you guys bitch about - how disrespected he was in the world; what a low opinion the rest of the world has of the US, because of him; how he was ruining our reputation in the world.

So, now you're saying that was all bullshit? That you really don't give a flying fuck what others think of us? That that was just another excuse to bitch about a President that you had already decided you hated, no matter what? Well, thanks for your honesty, finally.

Soooo...why was what the rest of the world thought so important in regards to Obama? I mean that's all we ever heard you guys bitch about

It isn't, and I am not "you guys". That said, not a one of my European or Asian colleagues has any use for Obama, and anyone caught up on current events can see that he has alienated our traditional allies and naively befriended our enemies.

So, now you're saying that was all bullshit? That you really don't give a flying fuck what others think of us?

I have always said so.

That that was just another excuse to bitch about a President that you had already decided you hated, no matter what? Well, thanks for your honesty, finally.

Too funny. I bitched about Obama from before the 2008 campaign. He has turned out to be even worse, in every way, than I predicted.

Not that it puts any polish on trump, but leftists from resentful also-ran countries around the world would have made 'clever' cartoons ridiculing any Republican nominee. This is a troll thread.

DXo political cartoons reveal a notion's opinion of someone If so, there is a problem. Everyone who supports Trump insists that Obama has a terrible reputation around the world, and that, by extension, so doe the US. It is the contention of Trumpers that Trump is loved around the world, and he is going to fix that.

However, a sampling of some political cartoons from around the world, seem to suggest something very different:

trump-cartoon-7.jpe

trump-cartoon-9.jpe

trump-cartoon-5.jpe

And that's just a sample of three. You can see a whole gallery here, and none of them are terribly flattering. So, just how popular is Trump around the world, again?

Now, wait. Any minute now, some lunkhead is gonna come rushing in here, and try to change the narrative, saying how great it is that everyone hates Trump. Something stupid like, "It shows how afraid they all are of Trump," and how he will put the world on notice that the US should be taken seriously again, or some such utter nonsense.

Republicans have a different opinion when it's a Republican president, don't they? If the rest of the world didn't like Obama they would say that is proof Obama sucks and that he is bad at foreign relations. But if it's a Republican they say FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD.

The world dislikes Trump even more than Americans do, and he's destroying the U.S.'s reputation, a survey shows

TRUMP’S APPROVAL RATING IS EVEN LOWER GLOBALLY, AND HE’S DESTROYING THE U.S.’S REPUTATION: SURVEY

Remember Republicans said it didn't matter that the rest of the world preferred Hillary over Trump but then they said that Putin liking Trump was a plus for the US. What spin. What hypocrites.

Soooo...why was what the rest of the world thought so important in regards to Obama? I mean that's all we ever heard you guys bitch about - how disrespected he was in the world; what a low opinion the rest of the world has of the US, because of him; how he was ruining our reputation in the world.

So, now you're saying that was all bullshit? That you really don't give a flying fuck what others think of us? That that was just another excuse to bitch about a President that you had already decided you hated, no matter what? Well, thanks for your honesty, finally.
why are you trying to justify one by showing the actions of the other.

lose all "dogs" in this race and stop caring who comes out looking better.

what type of a time are we living in? it's very volatile. i can go find some unflattering obama cartoons and return fire if that would help you out? or would it just dive into a "but that country sucks" or some other excuse so the same thing doesn't have to be the same after all.

there are 2 base mindsets in the world today.

globalism
individualism

obama was pushing his nuts off for globalism. the euro was to become one. soros had shit moving and it was moving where he wanted it to go.

trump represents those who do NOT want globalism. this group prefers to succeed or fail on their own and they would never function well in a global vision.

brexit was a sign of the times that not everyone wants what this vision holds and the louder the left screams YOU MUST DO THIS the louder the right will scream FUCK YOU.

and then we divide into whatever singular argument is relevant to the discussions but still based around these 2 difference scenarios.

war will happen. matter of time. then these discussions become meaningless as the horrors of the reality *we all* created collectively hurts more than our own individual pain that led us to that state.

i don't want globalism. hell we can't get conservatives and liberals to agree on anything these days much less work together. with this example alone what chance does globalization have?

none. but in the end it's the core of the fight today; or at least one of the bigger ones.

Not that it puts any polish on trump, but leftists from resentful also-ran countries around the world would have made 'clever' cartoons ridiculing any Republican nominee. This is a troll thread.
80%+ of the threads in here are troll threads.

trump-cartoon-7.jpe

trump-cartoon-9.jpe

trump-cartoon-5.jpe

I don't recall anyone thinking Obie had a terrible reputation around the world. What we said was his reputation was that of a push over. Which of course would translate to those countries he folded to would like him. What you're seeing with Trump is the opposite.

why are you trying to justify one by showing the actions of the other.

lose all "dogs" in this race and stop caring who comes out looking better.

what type of a time are we living in? it's very volatile. i can go find some unflattering obama cartoons and return fire if that would help you out? or would it just dive into a "but that country sucks" or some other excuse so the same thing doesn't have to be the same after all.

there are 2 base mindsets in the world today.

globalism
individualism

obama was pushing his nuts off for globalism. the euro was to become one. soros had shit moving and it was moving where he wanted it to go.

trump represents those who do NOT want globalism. this group prefers to succeed or fail on their own and they would never function well in a global vision.

brexit was a sign of the times that not everyone wants what this vision holds and the louder the left screams YOU MUST DO THIS the louder the right will scream FUCK YOU.

and then we divide into whatever singular argument is relevant to the discussions but still based around these 2 difference scenarios.

war will happen. matter of time. then these discussions become meaningless as the horrors of the reality *we all* created collectively hurts more than our own individual pain that led us to that state.

i don't want globalism. hell we can't get conservatives and liberals to agree on anything these days much less work together. with this example alone what chance does globalization have?

none. but in the end it's the core of the fight today; or at least one of the bigger ones.

I think globalization is a done deal. For example despite the politics, Ford just sent the Focus plant to China where they will manufacture the car and distribute it globally. American middle class are going to have to adapt. Poor people, if they want to get out of poverty, are going to have to have less kids and get educated.

Everyone was pushing for globalization. The entire GOP is for globalization except maybe a few nutters. If we don't lead someone else will. If we are protectionists then we are not leading.

But I agree we need to stop letting muslims in. They don't fit in. For example us liberals want to include them because we are all inclusive but do we really want to include intolerant people? They surveyed muslims and 100% of them would vote for make gay marriage a crime or illegal.

Forum List

Back